Work Status: Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Cary, North Carolina 919-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org A dynamic and solutions-driven business analyst with 10+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams in the development, documentation and delivery of process innovations in diverse domains in the public and private sectors. Demonstrated ability in driving operational excellence which results in cost efficient business solutions.
• Relational Database: Oracle, MS SQL, Ingres.
• Software Packages: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, ERP.
• Tools: SharePoint, SQL, Rational Pro, Clear Quest, Clarify, JIRA. Salesforce.com PROJECT SUMMARY
ADDOT IT SOLUTIONS, Jan 2013 –Jan 2018 Snr Business Systems Analyst ü Completed an inventory system project in 90 days, for RBS, in an industry that averages 6 months to completion using the Agile Methodology (Scrum) tracked with JIRA and saved 25% of budget. ü Mapped customer business problems to reusable end-to-end business application solutions ü Work closely with scrum teams in translating high level requirements into actionable, groomed user stories and produce the product backlog.
ü Involved in the development and support (incident management) for Web applications, on Demand Services, SaaS creating mobile applications for Financial and Health care industries. ü Collaborate with Quality Assurance team in functional testing of components, Systems Integration Testing (SIT) and UAT Testing.
VANELI CONSULTING Dec 2011 – Jan 2013 Lead Business System Analyst ü Developed customer facing applications & graphical user interfaces, by collaborating with developers and capturing business requirements for stakeholders in a mobile banking application. ü Led project teams, internal and external, to achieve project defined milestones and deliverables. ü Improved timeframes for more than 50% of Government projects by leading and managing a high performing team and high client/customer engagement. ü Collaborated with stakeholder groups across the organization to ensure business and technology alignment. Facilitated JAD meetings and defined specifications during the entire SDLC. CYPSOL SOLUTIONS Dec 2006 – Dec 2011 Senior Business Analyst ü Performed quality assurance, system integration and user acceptance testing facilitating on-time, on-budget and acclaimed “go-live” of enterprise implementations for up to 10M global users. ü Facilitated Joint Application Design (JAD) to enhance user participation, expediting development and improving the quality of system specifications. ü Accelerated process improvements by implementing JIT, TCO and ROI for various projects. ü Documented Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) and comprehensive business requirements
(BRD), design documents and performed User Acceptance Tests (UAT). ü Collaborated with QA, UAT teams to walk through requirement, provide inputs for test case creation, review test cases and clarify requirement ambiguity. Work Status: Authorized to work in the US for any employer 2
ü Heavily involved with functional documentation design (use cases, screen prototypes, mockups) INTEGRATED PROJECTS Jun 2002 – Nov 2006 Business Systems Analyst ü Requirement elicitation and prioritized requirements (user stories) in the product backlog. ü Recommended appropriate training, communication and scheduling as systems are deployed. ü Documented business requirements/elicitation and participated in overall project documentation ü Ensured process utilization during the e-forms project, adhered to E-Government & IT initiatives. CYPRESS SEMICONDUCTOR April 2000 – May 2002 Business Systems Analyst ü Using the Waterfall Methodology, I mapped operational practice and workflow requirement into system structure, in order to translate business needs into system solutions. ü Demonstrated leadership, innovation and business engagement. ü Produced Ad hoc reports using SQL.
VASONA SYSTEMS Oct 1998- Apr 2000 Business Systems Analyst ü Produced and documented process maps for the Subject Matter Expert (SME). ü Based on COTS SLA, managed vendor relationship/support. ü Strong knowledge of Project Management.
ü Performed Gap and Impact analysis.
ü Created Use Case Diagrams.
ü Web services
Masters in Business Administration 1997
University of Dundee Scotland United Kingdom
Dip in Business Administration 1996
Cardiff Business School, University of Wales United Kingdom Bachelor of Science Economics 1995
University of Lagos
Training and Cert
Stanford University, Palo Alto CA 2002
Available on request
Work Status: Authorized to work in the US for any employer 3
Royal Bank of Scotland
ü This is a web-based Commercial Card system, to manage all Commercial Cards Accounts, Financial Transactions, Merchants Information, Card Holder Information and Reporting Application for various customers of RBS.
ü Aim of the project was to work on enhancements requests for PaymentNet4 product.
• Coordinated closely with product managers, customers to gather/define business requirements and finally documented them in Business Requirements Document (BRD).
• Created RACI analysis matrix and conducted peer review of functional analysis matrix.
• Prepared activities for JAR sessions that included updates to high level process flows, functional analysis documents and meeting minutes.
• Coordinated with client experience team to receive draft Wireframes with peer review of JAR session materials followed with Post JAR documentation.
• Created activity records and modification of requirements documents (FRD, use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, use case diagrams).
• Updated drafts and sent review log with SharePoint link of drafts to stakeholders. Conducted FRD review of drafts and review log.
• Sent disposition log from FRD review to stakeholders and made final updates to documents.
• Prepared test data with QA, test plan, test strategy, test cases, test scenarios for user acceptance testing (UAT) testing.
• Received sign-offs with business (product team), technology (solution design, QA and risk) stakeholders and finally closed out ClearCase documentation. Environment: PaymentNet4 Application, rational quality manager, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project, SQL, Oracle, .Net/C#, Outlook Exchange, Business Objects, SharePoint, mockup.com, Balsamiq.com
Bank Verification Number Project
Business Systems Analyst
• The objective of the project is to use biometric information as a means of first identifying and verifying all individuals that have account(s) in any Nigerian bank and consequently, as a means of authenticating customer’s identity at point of transactions.
Worked for the Financial Settlement Systems (FSS) group, which is responsible for new development as well as software support of in-house developed Bank Verification Number (BVN). This product, supports the entire OMS (Order Management System) Rating, Billing and Settlement process. My Responsibilities
• Gathered all the required Securables for the FSS (Financial Settlement System) group.
• Reviewed all the previously documented Business Requirements, Process Flows, Use Cases, Process Description and Analysis documents, Solution Design Documents in reference to FSS application.
• Conducted various one on one sessions with Internal Product Owners, Technical Leads, Subject Matter Work Status: Authorized to work in the US for any employer 4
Experts, Developers, Testers to understand the current application of FSS who support various customer’s
• Responsible for documenting all the UI (User Interface) components and user interactions in a client provided template.
• Performed system integration testing (SIT) for product enhancements along with other developers of the group.
• Wrote very simple SQL queries utilizing SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE statements against the MS SQL Server database.
• Responsible for maintaining all the project documentation in the IBM Lotus Notes database. Environment: FSS Platform, C#/.Net Environment, MS SQL Server, T-SQL, IBM Lotus Notes, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Visio
Asset and Resources management (ARM) (Content Management group) Business Systems Analyst
ü Worked for Global Interactive Application/Content Management (CMAX) group of ARM. Key projects include Re-design of web pages for B2C and B2B websites for 6 markets.
• Conducted JAD sessions - weekly meetings and walkthroughs with the CMAX business teams and CMAX development team to communicate their perspectives with each other.
• Scope document, work flows, technology summary.
• Created work flows to depict the flow of work through the current system (AS IS) and future system
(what the business wants it To Be after the project is implemented) and documented in the requirements report BRD.
• Monitored and documented full requirements traceability matrix. Created Wireframes, by specifying what the existing and final screens look like as a result of this project.
• Translated business requirements into systems requirements such as (functional and technical requirements).
• Configured WebSphere Commerce 5.x parameters
• Worked with the CMAX development team on VCM, for web development and to produce dynamic web pages for B2C sites.
• Coordinated with technical leads in designing the structure for project and sub channels to store and deliver content for portals.
• Worked closely with portfolio architects, project architects, technical leads and developers to design and document Content Type Definitions (CTDs) and content items.
• Conducted user acceptance testing (UAT) along with the business users of the final product.
• As a customer retention strategy, we used salesforce Marketing cloud to increase conversation on social media thereby decreasing its annual customer opex by 25%. Environment: Mockups Vignette/Open Text Content Management V7/SharePoint, Render for Delivery, Web sphere 5.1, JSP’s, Java, J2EE, XML, XSL’s, DB2, Salesforce CRM, SOA, Windows XP, Oracle, JSP, J2EE, CSS, XML, HTML, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, HP Quality Center, Outlook, Work Status: Authorized to work in the US for any employer 5
Worked for the Royal Bank of Scotland application group. Aim of the project was to launch a Single Sign On.
• Coordinated closely with Product Managers, Customers to gather/define Business Requirements and finally documented them in Business Requirements Document (BRD).
• Worked closely with both Business & IT Development teams to come up with estimation of effort for Analysis, Design, Build, Test and Deployment activities.
• Engaged various impacted teams groups such in order to create Design Specifications.
• Prepared Design Specification (DS) document to ensure build has right amount of detail.
• Coordinated closely with multiple offshore development teams in Ireland, Puerto Rico and India to ensure build activities are coordinated well.
• Acted as a technical SME for offshore teams to in order meet deliverables and have them signed off with the project leads.
• Engaged and worked closely with QA teams both Onsite and Offshore to ensure the Test Cases are executed.
• Updated daily defects report to IT management.
• Assisted with overall UAT and Deployment activities. Environment: RBS Application, Java, Oracle, SQL, MS Office Suite, HP Quality Center, Clarity, Cypress Semiconductor San Jose, CA (Data Sources & Data Quality organization) Business Analyst – Data Mapping
Worked for the ITG Enterprise Information Management Team Key Projects: Data Conversion Project from Third Party Processor to New system
• Created high-level Context Diagrams by identifying all the list of interfaces for both Legacy System
& New Systems
• Facilitated meetings with 3 Party & Legacy (First Data) to go through all the list of Source & Target Fields or Data Elements.
• Created various Data Mapping by looking into the Source & Target File Layouts, Data Dictionary of both Sources & Target platforms.
• Defined Source & Target Record Names, Field Names, Field Length, Field Description & list of rules in the Data Mapping Document.
• Participated & Coordinated closely with Data Architects to define both Logical & Physical Models.
• Identified the entire BDW process, starting from Extraction of Files, Data Mapping, ODS/MDM, ETL – Data Stage & down Stream Applications.
Environment: MS Office Suite, Data Stage
Work Status: Authorized to work in the US for any employer 6
Toll Collection for Haulage Vehicles within the state Coordinated and closely monitored the over 20 toll points within the state Initiated the migration from a cash based toll system to an automated and cashless system Developed a system to identify and categorize all the vehicles within the state