Cielo I. Ross
Riverbank, CA ****7
• 8 years credentialing and privileging in an acute care hospital, including Ambulatory Care and Long Term Care services.
• Dependable and organized team player with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently. Skilled at building relationships with Medical Staff Leaders and collaborating with employees across all levels of an organization.
• Successful implementation of an Online Credentialing System
• Knowledge of The Joint Commission Standards, TITLE 22, NPDB, and other regulatory and credentialing agencies
• Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration – CSU Stanislaus, 2000
• Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist – NAMSS, March 2014
• Proficient with PC, Microsoft Windows: Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and PowerPoint
• Attention to detail and organization
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision and problem solve
Oak Valley Hospital District Medical Staff Coordinator 1/2010-Present
Executive Assistant to VP of Nursing 2/2004-Present
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining credentialing activities for 200+ providers as defined by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, The Joint Commission, and other regulatory agencies.
• Managing, gathering and researching required data for the processing of Physician and Allied Health Professional initial appointment applications and reappointment applications of all existing Medical Staff and Allied Health Professionals. Prepare summary evaluations for Credential Committee review, including proctoring and quality review results. Ensure all action items are forwarded on for appropriate follow-up and report all activities to the Medical Executive Committee and District Board.
• Serve as the liaison to department chairs for the smooth facilitation of appointments and ensure the seamless and timely presentation of credential information in order to meet appointment, privileging and reappointment deadlines.
• Oversee the proctorship process for newly appointed physicians. Collaborate with Quality/Risk Management to obtain OPPE reports at reappointment and monitor providers on FPPE.
• Coordinate and prepare meeting agendas, minutes, and reports for all Medical Staff Committees and subcommittees. Implemented a process for paperless meetings.
• Maintain policies and procedures and assist the Medical Executive Committee in the process of revising Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
• Executive Assistant to the VP of Nursing –
Administrative support to the VP of Nursing and Nursing Managers. Coordinate the day-to-day clerical duties of the Patient Care Administration office, including receptionist duties and at times public relations. Upkeep Nurse Manager and Administrator on-call calendars. Maintain Department and Clinical Policy and Procedure Manuals for the District.
Prepare, attend and record all nurse management meetings including Medication Safety Committee. Participate in Disaster Training and maintain Disaster Manuals for the District.
Liaison between the Medical Staff Office, Administration and Hospital Departments.
Compose routine correspondence and prepare memos, invitations and reports.
Provide clerical support to Chief Executive Officer in absence of the Executive Assistant.
Remedy Intelligent Staffing Staffing Coordinator 2003-2004
• Recruiter for Business Administration and General Labor Staffing Agency. Engaged new customers and strengthened existing relationships through account management. On-call staffing manager. Interview applicants and select candidates for placement. Process new hire paperwork and payroll. Liaison between staff and clients.
Memorial Hospital HR Assistant 2002-2003
• Front desk receptionist; maintain application data base and filing system. Process mail and forward to appropriate area. Receive and document employee paperwork. Assist with recruitment events.
Calvary Temple Worship Center Secretary 1999-2002
• Provide secretarial duties to the Youth Pastor, including receptionist duties. Compose correspondence, memos and invitations. Maintain filing system. Design flyers for services and events. Coordinate fundraisers, mission trips and events.
• Alumni President – Sigma Omega Phi Multicultural Sorority
• Missions and Fundraising Leader– Calvary Temple
• Team Leader Logistics – Calvary Temple
• Dance Troop Leader – Calvary Temple