MARK A. CARRIERE
*** *. ****** ****** **** Jr. Drive
Opelousas, LA 70570
Objective: Experienced individual seeking a career in accounting, finance and/or management related field where I can grow professionally with the organization and my combined education, experience and skills may be utilized to benefit the organization's pursuit of its present and future goals and objectives.
Bookkeeper 05/16 – Present
Cynthia M. Guidry, Inc., Opelousas, LA
* Enter and reconcile client’s financial information.
* Accrue client sales and payroll tax information for drafting to appropriate taxing authorities.
* Reconcile client’s bank records for accuracy and correctness.
* Enter appropriate adjusting entries for monthly reconciliation.
Revenue Grants Manager 10/14 – 01/15
HAART, Inc., Baton Rouge, LA
* Managed of health insurance services for clients.
* Managed $43.5 million grant for providing health insurance premium and medical copays and deductibles for approved clients of the program.
* Influential in establishing client eligibility card for patient use.
* Oversaw accounting and data entry functions and ensure prompt and accurate processing of clients’ invoices.
* Created spreadsheets to track payments of insurance premiums for clients.
* Responsible for printing of premium, copay and deductible paychecks to insurance companies and providers.
* Supervised data entry staff in the posting of monthly payment information in Louisiana CareWare software for reimbursement.
Financial Reporting Accountant 05/13 – 09/14
LHC Group, Inc., Lafayette, LA
* Analyzed revenue and expense data for home health and private duty agencies within the LHC Group of companies.
* Accrued expense amounts based on both invoices provided and estimates, for expenses not paid before monthly close of AP accounts.
* Reclassified amounts to differing accounts based on information received from field offices.
* Reconciled AR and Balance Sheet accounts for agencies and make adjustments as needed.
* Provided information to District Vice Presidents and State Directors in reference to agencies’ performances related to budget projections and in relation to prior month’s actual activity.
* Provided information to Joint Venture partners in reference to performance metrics and goals met.
* Provided responses to agencies based on requests for information.
MARK A. CARRIERE
Financial Intake Specialist 07/12 – 05/13
LHC Group, Inc., Lafayette, LA
* Contacted patients for approximately 200 home health agencies.
* Contacted newly referred and recertified patients to inform them of their verified insurance benefits and their financial responsibility towards the home health services.
* Calculated and provided patients with approximate cost of services and information in relation to start of services and types of services requested.
* Requested insurance information from patients to have insurance coverage verified for home health services.
Customer Service Manager 04/12 – 07/12
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Opelousas, LA
* Provided assistance to customers regarding complaints, product location and pricing and store checkout.
* Managed overnight cashiers’ scheduled breaks, lunches and register location.
* Assisted with customer checkout, cash collection from registers, printing of register reports, providing overrides along with, cashier assistance and verification of accuracy of podium daily balance.
Director of Finance and Budget 01/09 - 09/09
New Horizons Youth Service Bureau, Inc., Hammond, LA
* Set up, maintained and operated automated accounting system.
* Managed staff input of all financial activity and reported monthly financial activity to Board of Directors.
* Liaison for agency with external auditors and local, state and federal financial contacts.
Director of Finance 01/07 - 01/08
St. Landry Parish Government, Opelousas, LA
* Supervised financial personnel and coordinated, compiled and reported monthly financial outlook for Parish Council and Parish President.
* Maintained financial accuracy of fund balance for over 50 accounts.
* Filed tax requirements, maintained and updated employee retirement information and supervised security obligations of Parish government.
Financial Management Consultant 08/06 - 09/07
The Sanctuary, Eunice, LA
* Provided financial analysis in regards to effect of new projects to organization's financial condition.
* Analyzed financial procedures to verify compliance with company objectives.
* Researched effects of tax law changes to organization's operations.
Accounts Payable Supervisor 04/06 - 01/07
Lafayette General Medical Center, Lafayette, LA
* Supervised staff of 4 accounts payable specialists through the hospital disbursement process.
* Spoke to vendors in regards to reconciling differences in regards to past invoices.
* Prepared state and local sales/use tax returns.
* Scheduled staff's time in regards to mail distribution and pick up schedule of A/P checks for distribution.
* Conversed with departments to create more efficient means of submitting information for processing.
* Performed probationary and annual evaluations for staff members.
MARK A. CARRIERE
Tax Accountant (Temporary) 01/06 - 03/06
Westaff, Lafayette, LA
* Accumulated and assimilated data information for preparation of oilfield service corporation's (SPS International) consolidated federal tax return.
* Filed corporation's multiple state sales and income tax returns and organized fixed asset information
Accountant Supervisor - Payables 10/02 - 09/04
Louisiana Department of Justice, Baton Rouge, LA
* Supervised accounts payable staff and streamlined payables process.
* Managed all federal grant revenue reimbursements, grant expenditure requests and administrative costs reported to federal and state funding authorities.
* Provided assistance with monthly budget projections, expenditure analysis and Annual Report.
*Audited and distributed 1099 reports and completed special projects of Comptroller and Deputy Director.
Internal Accountant/Financial Director 04/98 - 08/01
Evangeline Home Health Agency, Inc. / Secure Care Home Health Agency, Inc.
Ville Platte, LA/Opelousas, LA
* Restructured and operated accounting and payroll functions for organization.
* Oversaw data entry of payroll, accounts payable, general ledger, billing and accounts receivable.
* Completed annual Cost Report before responsibility transitioned to outside CPA.
* Verified accuracy of all financial information, prepared monthly adjusting entries and yearly closings and prepared quarterly reports and presented final financial statements of CPA to Governing Body.
* Provided preliminary Cost Report information to CPA for compilation and formulation of annual report.
* Financial liaison for organization to taxing authorities, vendors and patients.
Revenue Agent II 02/95 - 04/98
Louisiana Department of Revenue & Taxation, Lafayette, LA
* Conducted extensive and thorough sales and use tax audits for compliance with Louisiana laws.
* Supervised and assisted Revenue Agent I in the completion of audits.
* Assisted in the selection of prospective audits.
* Cum Laude graduate - honors in English and History.
* Diversified experience with a diversified group of businesses in varying industries.
* Appointed Treasurer of Xavier University of Louisiana Acadiana Alumni Chapter # 25: 2001 - 2003.
* Louisiana Government Financial Officers Association (LGFOA) - 2003 and 2004 member.
*Volunteered as co-treasurer of the annual Holy Ghost Creole Festival in Opelousas, LA, from 2005 - 2007.
* Volunteered as team member who counted the weekly collections of Holy Ghost Catholic Church in 2007.
* Elected treasurer of Outreach Community Development Corporation from 2011 to 2013.
Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA
BS Degree in Accounting (Business Administration minor) – GPA: 3.4