• 25 years of experience Planning and managing construction & development of projects ranging in size and complexity in retail, office, high-rise and mid-rise buildings, entertainment, media, digital, public works, medical, airports and privet sectors/residential.
• Vast experience with jurisdictional authorities to secure permitting, leasing and make improvements to public, commercial, and private properties across the United States and abroad.
• An effective communicator who provides strategic and focused leadership that is result-oriented, and hands-on.
• Ability to leverage my legal, business, financial, project planning and management skills to find solutions and deliver projects on time and on budget.
• Excel in client relationship management, consultant management & talent retention, team leadership and team building.
• An innovator in technology, management, construction, design and development that can bolster efficiency and the bottom line.
• A diligent professional who strives for better results on each project and milestone in both my business and personal life.
WESTFIELD LLC. 1996-2017
Westfield Corporation is a real estate development and management firm that holds properties across the United States and Europe with over $32 billion assets under management. As Senior Director of Special Projects, I oversee the management of projects with a dollar value of up to $350 million on West Coast of the United States. My duties include but are not limited to the following: Senior Director of Special Projects-Construction 2011-2017 (6 years)
• Responsible for assigned projects from conception to completion, including project management, construction, design/build, negotiation, selection of contractors and consultants, contracting, schedule and the budget.
• Managed mixed-use, retail, environmental, airport terminal and retail improvements, and capital projects.
• Managed public works projects which included road additions, street utility relocations, bus stops, adding new lanes & intersections, traffic signals/cameras/counters, freeway bridge work, and community centers.
• Responsible to provide lease deliverables for tenants on properties under the firm’s management.
• Managed large project teams of employees, consultants, sub-consultants, architects, and trades.
• Monitor budgets, project schedules and maintain positive interaction with stakeholders. Director of Construction 2004-2011 (7 years)
• Responsible for the management of several large-scale projects and company-wide initiatives that would improve Westfield’s portfolio.
• Some examples of the projects managed are listed below:
Responsible for and managed many ground-up and re-development of offices, mixed-use projects, high-rise & mid- rise buildings, public works projects, and shopping centers.
Responsible to design and build a new state of the art digital advertising platform which was installed in many of the shopping centers and surrounding properties boosting the bottom line.
Managed leases and customer relationships.
Negotiated with automobile companies and built the first automotive boutique, which opened the door for Audi, Lamborghini, and Tesla to have a presence inside shopping malls.
Responsible to Design-build children attractions and play areas.
Completed many ADA projects as a legal expert to ensure compliance in the building, shopping center, and surrounding public property.
Completed many civil and underground systems and utility projects.
Completed many projects involving city streets, new intersections, traffic signals, CCTV and other systems/utilities.
Oversaw projects that added freeway on and off ramps and additional lanes.
Worked on Logan International Airport improvement project. Construction Project Manager 1996-2004 (8 years)
• Responsible for the daily management of several projects such as the following:
Started and managed two ground-up centers. The two projects included big box retails, a variety of specialty shops, entertainment which included restaurants, theaters, Club Disney, kids play areas, and interactive facilities.
Worked on World Trade Center in New York.
Responsible to negotiate, buy-out and implement contracts, schedule, and the budget.
Worked in California, Massachusetts, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Maryland, Florida, Nebraska, Missouri, and Washington state.
5004 Newcastle Avenue, Encino, CA 91316 310-***-**** email@example.com Lockheed Martin 1991-1995 (4 years)
• C130 Program Project Lead
• F117 Structural study
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• BS - Aerospace Design & Engineering, Northrop University Los Angeles CA 1989 – 1991
Attended on a science scholarship
Graduated top 2%
• GSS/Electrical Engineering Technology, Nassau College, New York 1987 – 1989
Graduated top 3%
• General Contractors License- 751397