Daramic LLC: Mechanical Engineering Intern, Corydon, Indiana May 2016 - August 2016
Assisted engineering, quality & finishing team with manufacturing of battery separator for automotive, industrial and specialty application. Assisted maintenance team to resolve operation issues.
Applied lean manufacturing and six sigma principals to improve process efficiency by 5% for battery separator.
Optimized extrusion process and documented trichloroethylene (TCE) procedure and reduced its consumption by 5%.
Assisted maintenance team for troubleshooting equipment such as tools, melt pumps, barrels, extruders, extractors.
US Department of Energy: Energy Engineer, Indianapolis, Indiana September 2015 –January 2016
Conducted on-site energy audits and prepared utility analysis based on utility bills and production data.
Completed audit recommendations and reduced energy consumption by 10%. Prepared audit recommendations.
Shapoorji & Pallonji Pvt Ltd: Mechanical Project Engineer, Mumbai, India June 2011 – June 2014
Completed Design, Supply, Installation, Testing & Commissioning of HVAC, fire protection and electrical, security systems for commercial buildings. Determined capacity of AHUs, VAVs, VFDs, Chiller and cooling towers.
Prepared fire sprinkler layouts. Coordinated with clients, consultants and architects.
Designed Electrical, Ducting, chilled water piping layout, single line diagrams in AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
Prepared all the as-built drawings, bill of materials (BOM) and updated them in the system.
Assisted engineering team for troubleshoot of transformers and HVAC equipment.
Performed heating and cooling load calculation for HVAC equipment.
Design & analysis software: Solidworks, Creo parametric, AutoCAD, Ansys, Matlab, Siemens NX, 3D-CAD
Miscellaneous: C, FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA, Root cause analysis (8Ds & 5 Whys), MS-office, GD&T
● Advanced thermodynamics ● Mechanical Vibration ● Finite Element Analysis ● Hybrid Vehicles
● Design optimization methods ● Additive manufacturing ● Material Technology ● Automotive Control
● CAD/CAM and CAE ● Design optimization methods ● manufacturing process ● Vehicle dynamics
Master of Science - Mechanical Engineering – Purdue University- GPA-3.52 Graduated -December 2017
Bachelor of Technology - Mechanical Engineering – Nirma University- GPA-3.3 Graduated-May 2011
● Design failure mode & effect analysis of a bicycle brake system. January 2017- December 2017
Studied & Conducted all the required steps for DFMEA, assigned RPN number according to severity of hazard and
Came up with sturdier brake design.
● Design and analysis of a human knee cartilage using Creo parametric and ansys. August 2016-December2016
● Design optimization of Pedestal of Planetary Gearbox (Ansys and Creo parametric) January 2016-April 2016
Reduced weight of the pedestal by 11% by conducting static analysis on Ansys.
● Design and analysis of an Air Circulation Device and a jet impeller January 2016 – May 2016
using Creo Parametric: Designed and created all the assembly drawings,
deleted all interferences from the assembly and gave motion to the mechanism.
Membership and extracurricular activities:
● Member of ASHRAE, SAE international, ASME, MESA (Mechanical engineering student association)