Accomplished sales executive with significant and consistent territory growth success. Expert core competencies in product knowledge, relationship management, needs-based product sales, inventory management, client retention and product penetration. Acclimated to a decentralized corporate structure, home based office and the personal accountability required to succeed in this configuration.
MSC Industrial, Inc, 2012 – present
MSC Industrial, Inc., a $3 billion dollar MRO industrial supply company engaged in the sales and distribution of over a million SKU’s across a multitude of industries. Melville, New York
Accountable for the development and maintenance of existing customer base; controlling inventory, assisting in budget management, and building mutually beneficial relationships with decision makers. Responsible for organically growing assigned territory by strategically targeting and acquiring new customers, retaining existing customers and continuously introducing new products.
• Inherited an existing territory in 2012 and have grown the revenue generation of this geographic area by over 400%.
• Manage a mid-west territory spanning over a 3-state region.
• Primary product focus; stainless steel fasteners with a heavy emphasis on marketing to the food processing industry.
• Performing in the top 3% of Account Executives nationally, in 2015 inducted into the
‘Winners Circle’ as recognition for this accomplishment.
• Targeted, worked and successfully acquired over 15 new customers that had never purchased from MSC prior to my work.
• Exceeded all revenue and profit goals consistently over the past 3 years. Orgill, Inc 2008 – 2012
Orgill, Inc., a $2 billion dollar hardware and wholesale supply company specializing in supplying retail companies worldwide. Orgill is the largest independently owned hardware wholesaler. Memphis, Tennessee
Responsible for customer retention and growth within my assigned territory in the state of Missouri. Accountable for relationship management, inventory rotation and management, point of sale execution and providing a consultative perspective to assist store owners and managers in maximizing sales of our products.
• Met or exceeded revenue goals consistently through new product sales to existing customers and attaining new customers.
• Grew overall revenue of assigned territory by over $1 million dollars.
• Successfully presented marketing strategies to decision makers that resulted in sales of new product lines.
• Trained retail leaders on products specific to their customer’s needs in order to increase sales for their business.
The Hillman Group 2004 - 2008
The Hillman Group, a $750 million dollar fastener wholesale distributor serving independently-owned hardware stores and chains including Lowe’s, Ace Hardware and Walmart. Cincinnatti, Ohio
Marketed and sold nuts, bolts and fasteners in Missouri and Arkansas. Responsible for managing relationships with existing customers, new product penetration, building item displays and stocking items. Accountable for growth through attaining new customers, inventory management and selling new products.
• Successfully attained 30 new retail customers.
• Consistently met or exceeded all product and revenue goals set forth.
• Doubled the revenue production of assigned territory within 3 years.
• Led my district in territory growth for 4 consecutive years.
• Honored with the Leadership Award for my performance in 2006. Town and Country Building Supply 1994 - 2004
Town and Country Building Supply, a building supply retailer serving both residential and commercial builders.
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Marketed and sold lumber, windows, doors, siding, sheet goods, engineered lumber and other building supplies in Southwest Missouri. Responsible seeking new business and consistently cultivating existing customer purchases. Introduced and sold new product lines. Accountable for the entire sales process from purchase order to delivery.
• Successfully completed Estimating Certification and am proficient at reading blueprints.
• From hire date to last day achieved 150% growth in my assigned region.
• Developed strong relationships within the residential and commercial building industry and cultivated those connections into revenue and profit generation. EDUCATION
Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri
Business Management and Physical Education – 1984 to 1986 Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar, Missouri
Business Management and Physical Education – 1982 to 1984