Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
A Qualified professional with 7+ years of experience in IT industry comprising of Linux System Administration, Software Configuration, Deployment Automation, DevOps Engineering, Build/Release Management, Cloud Management and Containerization.
• Extensive experience in provisioning, configuring, designing, deploying and troubleshooting AWS Solutions using cloud services such as EC2, S3, RDS, ELB (Load Balancers), EBS, Lambda, ASG, SNS, VPC, Route53, Auto scaling groups, IAM, ECS, Glacier, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation.
• Designed AWS cloud models for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IAAS), Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS) and Software-as- a-Service (SAAS).
• Participated in Converting existing AWS Infrastructure to Serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) and deploying via Terraform and AWS Cloud Formation templates.
• Strong knowledge on Open Stack based Cloud Infrastructure and Proficiency in OpenStack services such as Horizon, Keystone, Nova, Neutron, Glance, Cinder, Ceilometer and Swift.
• Skilled in Administration of Production, Development and Test environments carrying different operating system platforms like Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, Centos, Unix, IOS.
• Exposure to Azure Development, worked on Azure Web Application, App services, Storage, SQL Database, Virtual Machines, Fabric Controller, Active Directory and Notification hub.
• Proficient in Object Oriented Programming concepts like Exception Handling, Multi-threading, Synchronization, Serialization, Collections Framework, I/O System, JDBC and Data Structures.
• Experience in implementing RESTFUL, SOAP web services.
• Proficient in writing Shell, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, YAML, Groovy and PowerShell scripts to automate the deployments.
• Good Experience working on branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS, Bitbucket and GIT on UNIX and Windows environment.
• Experience in using build tools like Apache MAVEN, Apache ANT and Gradle for the building of deployable artifacts such as WAR and JAR from source code.
• Hands on experience in using continuous Integrations tools like Jenkins/Hudson, Teamcity and Bamboo. Designed and created various deployment strategies using CI/CD pipelines.
• Significantly worked on Jenkins for Continuous Integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
• Well versed on Cloud Automation using AWS Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform, Chef, Ansible and Puppet.
• Engineered in using various Puppet features such as Resource management (Package, Service, File), User Management, Modules, Class, Definition, Templates, Factor and external commands.
• Skilled in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes for various packages. Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management.
• Programmed Ansible YAML Scripts that automates System configuration, Cloud provisioning, Configuration management, application deployment, Intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs.
• Endeavored in Managing container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
• Extensively worked on deployment automation of all Microservices to pull image from private Docker registry and deploy to Kubernetes cluster.
• Worked on several prototype projects involving clustered container orchestration and Contributed a MySQL cluster application to the Kubernetes project.
• Expertise in using different log monitoring tools like Splunk, ELK (Elastic Search, LogStash, Kibana) to see logs information, monitor, security and get the health notifications from nodes. Automated the installation of ELK agent (filebeat) with Ansible playbook.
• Firm grasp on Cloud Security, leveraging Linux and Windows operating systems using the AWS console and CLI
(command line interface).
• Knowledge of Agile development methodologies like Scrum, Sprints model.
• Exposed to aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Requirement gathering and Analysis, Design, Implementation, Testing, Deployment and Maintenance.
• Worked with different bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, Fisheye, Crucible and IBM Clear Quest.
• Acquired experience with Web/Application servers Apache Tomcat, Google App Engine, IBM Web Sphere, Oracle Application Server, Jetty, WebLogic and JBOSS.
• Well versed with databases like MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra Oracle, IBM DB2 and NoSQL databases like DynamoDB and MongoDB.
• Involved in Configuring and installing VMware Virtual Center servers, Vagrant and VMware Vcenter Appliance.
• Proficient in Networking and configuring TCP/IP, DNS, SAMBA, SSH, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP. TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Cloud Infrastructure AWS, OpenStack, MS Azure, DigitalOcean Amazon Web Services EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, EMR, Dynamo DB, Red shift, Elastic Beanstalk, Route53, Aurora.
Configuration Tools Puppet, Chef, Docker and Ansible Continuous Integration Tools Jenkins, Hudson, Teamcity and Bamboo Build Tools ANT, MAVEN, Gradle and MS Build
Version Control Tools SVN, Bit Bucket, GitHub, TFS, CVS, ClearCase and Perforce Bug Tracking Tools JIRA, ServiceNow, Nexus, Remedy, Bugzilla, Rally Scripting Shell, Bash, Python, Ruby and Perl
Programming Languages C, C++, PHP, PL/SQL, Java/J2EE, C#, ASP.Net, VB .Net. Web Technologies Java Script, jQuery, Nodejs, Servlets, JDBC, JSON, CSS, XML, HTML, JSP, AngularJS, React.JS, Ajax, Bootstrap.
Web Services REST, SOAP
IDE & Tools Eclipse, Net Beans, Notepad++, Sublime Text, Visual Studio, SQL Tools Virtualization Tools VMware vSphere, Oracle VirtualBox, VMware and Vagrant Web/Application server Web Logic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS & Nginx Database DynamoDB, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL Operating System Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu Network Services LDAP, DNS, NIS, DHCP, NFS, Web, mail, FTP Network Topologies LAN, WAN, VPN and Firewalls
Logging & Monitoring Tools Nagios, Splunk, Logstash, Cloudwatch, ELK PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
KRONOS, Inc - Chelmsford, MA Oct2017-Present
Role: Senior AWS DevOps Engineer
• As a Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer worked with development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
• Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications using AWS cloud infrastructure focusing on high availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling of the instances.
• Implemented Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift, worked on various projects to migrate data from database to AWS Redshift, RDS and S3.
• Designed and deployed applications utilizing most of the AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, Route 53, RDS, DynamoDB, EMR and SQS.
• Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster.
• Maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, Route 53(CNAME), VPC, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
• Implementing and setting up of AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
• Worked on AWS Code Deploy and Auto Scaling Groups to implement Blue Green Deployments for the various releases.
• Worked in configuring Elastic Bean Stalk for developers to quickly deploy application for testing and pushing developed code for testing.
• Created, maintained and utilized the policy management of S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
• Developed windows services to store SQL server data in to cloud based data warehousing by using Microsoft Azure
& implemented security in web application using Azure and deployed web application to Azure.
• Configured Azure VMs, Cloud Services, App Services, Azure Active Directory, Service fabric, Azure SQL Server, Azure Storage, Azure load balancer, Networking & Web Apps.
• Extensive experience in Windows Azure (IaaS) like creating Azure VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to Azure and creating availability sets in Azure.
• Configured and Implemented Azure Cloud platform such as Virtual Networks Multi-site, Cross-site, VMs, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, and Cloud Services.
• Created branches and managed the source code for various applications in GIT and Subversion (SVN) on Linux platforms.
• Designed and developed user interface for public using asynchronous technologies using AJAX/Spring frame works.
• Implemented web services in Restful Web Services using Spring Rest Template.
• Used MAVEN to build Java projects and developed build artifacts such as WAR & JAR from the source code.
• Responsible for code build, release and analyzing the quality of code in Jenkins using SonarQube code analysis tool and various plugins.
• Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
• Wrote Ansible playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Playbooks to simplify and automate day- to-day server administration tasks.
• Used Ansible and Ansible Tower as configuration management tool to automate repetitive tasks and quickly deploy critical applications with proactively managing the changes.
• Programmed Ansible Playbooks with Python as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and test.
• Developed Chef recipes for various applications and deployed them in AWS using Terraform.
• Involved in setting up builds using Chef as configuration management tool and managed the configurations of servers.
• Indulged in writing Ruby scripts for Chef Automation and creating cookbooks comprising all resources, data bags, templates, attributes.
• Collaborated with development and support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
• Worked on Terraform for managing the infrastructure through the terminal sessions and executing the scripts through the terminal.
• Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, config Maps, deployments, replica sets and nodes etc.
• Significantly worked on Kubernetes to deploy and manage containers (pods) on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
• Worked on deployment automation of Microservices to pull image from private Docker registry and deploy to Kubernetes cluster.
• Orchestrated the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers with the kubernetes.
• Used Ansible to Setup ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshooted the build issues with ELK and work towards the solution.
• Worked on Splunk for various activities like generating Server Status and Health reports and Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hardware status.
• Programmed Python scripts for pushing data from DynamoDB to MySQL Database.
• Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere Application server.
• Associated in deployment of applications using Web Logic, Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
• Planned release schedules with Agile methodology & coordinated releases with engineering & SQA for timely delivery, drafted and maintained release notes for each of the scheduled release.
• Managed VMware ESXi hosts using vSphere client, Web client and Automated local dev environment using Vagrant
• Worked on various scripting languages like Ruby, YAML, Shell scripts.
• Used different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Bugzilla & IBM Clear Quest. Environment: AWS, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), Auto Scaling groups, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, Glacier, DynamoDB, Shell scripts, GIT, Maven, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Ruby, Apache Tomcat, Jira, Bugzilla, Windows and Linux environment, Vagrant, VMware ESX/ESXi Server and Workstation. DTE Energy – Detroit, MI Jan2016 – Sep2017
Role: AWS DevOps Engineer
• Developed an auto-scaling architecture which works both in EC2 and on-premise data centers and Managed hardware, software and networking for a large-scale cluster on Amazon EC2.
• Performed automated deployments using AWS by creating the IAM roles and policies and used the code pipeline plugin to integrate Jenkins with AWS and created the EC2 instances to provide the virtual servers.
• Created AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic reaching one or more instances.
• Leveraged Amazon Web Services like RDS, EBS, ELB, SQS, Auto scaling, AMI, IAM through AWS console and API Integration.
• Experienced in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization in AWS Redshift.
• Performed AWS cloud deployments for web applications and used Cloud Watch for monitoring and VPC to manage network configurations.
• Worked on functions in AWS Lambda that aggregates the data from incoming events, and then stored result data in Amazon Dynamo DB.
• Worked directly with Cloud Azure product team in tracking and resolving defects.
• Created various Angular directives, components, DOM, expressions, templates, data binding, etc
• Created AngularJS controllers and experience with AngularJS route providers to develop single page application.
• Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml and Ant build.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
• Managed Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configurations.
• Integrated Git, Jenkins and maven in accomplishing continuous integration and configured Jenkins with Poll SCM build triggers.
• Configured various plugins for Jenkins to automate the workflow and to optimize smooth running of build jobs.
• Extensively automated the deployments using AWS by creating IAMs and integrated the Jenkins with AWS plugins to pipeline the code.
• Worked with project development teams following Agile & Waterfall methodologies that design source code branching, release life cycles and CI/CD pipelines based on pace and project deliverables.
• Implemented cloud infrastructure using Chef and assigned auto-scaling for chef roles to EC2 instances.
• Wrote Chef Cookbooks with ruby for root users and network configurations using Chef Server.
• Created Puppet manifests, classes and modules to automate system operations.
• Managed puppet automation with multiple modules as per component like Kafka, MYSQL, Logstash, to install & configure EC2 instances to create/update Kafka cluster.
• Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using DevOps Technologies like Puppet.
• Monitored servers using Nagios, Splunk, Datadog, Artifactory, Cloud watch and Zabbix for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
• Monitored the servers and provided 24x7 on call support rotation basis using Nagios and Splunk.
• Responsible for creating Docker Master Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR. Worked on the major components of Docker like, Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm etc.
• Experienced in Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
• Containerized all the spring boot applications - Java and Nodejs using Docker.
• Virtualized servers in Docker as per test environments and Dev-environments requirements and configured automation using Docker containers.
• Deploying and maintaining production environment using AWS EC2 instances and elastic container services with Docker.
• Involved in performance testing of Apache Tomcat management services.
• Performed day-to-day operation and troubleshooting of VMs and documented all the procedures to educate team members.
• Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, and Python scripts.
• Used JIRA, TFS, Remedy, ServiceNow for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
• Deployed the applications on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionalities.
• Implemented, integrated and managed Perforce as well as instituting accurate and automated build and release methodologies for Binary compilation for Apache HTTP/HTTPS, Tomcat, PHP and MySQL.
• Worked on configuring data sources for JBOSS with various versions of databases.
• Installed and arranged databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, SQL Server, and Oracle.
• Involved in writing SQL queries to implement the schema related changes for internationalization and debugged the build errors using SQL queries to make sure Database is not corrupted.
• Experience with threat modeling, especially for web application and web APIs.
• Evaluated and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies. Environment: AWS, AWS lambda, S3, EBS, Redshift, IAM, EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, AWS Auto Scaling, Apache, Tomcat, Nagios, MySQL, PHP, Perforce, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Web Logic Application Server, GIT, Oracle, Windows and Linux.
Schneider National – Green Bay, Wisconsin Dec2014 – Dec 2015 Role: DevOps/Cloud Engineer
• Involved in Installation, Configuration and Administration of RedHat Linux 5.x/6.x, Solaris 10, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora comprising of testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
• Maintenance of source code in GIT. Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion
• Creating repositories, branches, tags in GIT and assist the developers to fix merging issues and Creating Local, Virtual Repositories for the project and release builds, repository management in Gradle to share snapshots.
• Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins and Team City for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
• Implemented puppet modules for server housekeeping.
• Deployed puppet for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
• Actively involved in architecting the puppet infrastructure to manage servers in different environments.
• Used both GIT and BIT bucket source control systems to manage code.
• Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
• Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
• Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
• Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
• Developed scripts using Bash/Python for automating Configuration Management policies and practices.
• Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
• Supported Deployments into PROD & Pre-Prod environments with multiple Application server technologies like Web Logic, & Apache Tomcat.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, AWS EC2, Web Logic, Tomcat, Python Scripts, Ruby Scripts, XML, Unix, JIRA.
Thomson Reuters – Chicago Jan 2013 – Nov 2014
Role: Build & Release Engineer
• Performed software configuration/release management activities for three different Java applications.
• Designed and implemented Continuous Integration process and tools with approval from development and other affected teams.
• Recommended to set up the Configuration Management process to the company's one of the development teams on using Git and GitHub repositories.
• Configured VPN Tunneling, LDAP authentication for SVN, Certificate Server for secure site and Patches update using binary source.
• Used Perforce for Software Configuration management and maintaining the versions of the Symantec's Website Code.
• Responsible for building and deploying the artifacts into DEV and QA Environments.
• Responsible for Branching and merging the code as per the schedule in Git and SVN
• Used MAVEN to automate the build process and Performed bi weekly build cycle and testing processes.
• Created Subversion configuration record for builds using derived objects generated during build audit process.
• Configured clusters to provide failover, load balancing and deployed applications on clusters.
• Developed UNIX and Perl Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
• Setting up Jenkins master, adding the necessary Plugins and adding more slaves to support scalability and ability.
• Used Jenkins to maintain and develop the infrastructure and to automate most of the build related tasks.
• Implemented Nagios monitoring solution for mission critical server and Monitored the server, switches, ports and application using Nagios, Cacti and Splunk.
• Created Linux virtual machine using VMware Center.
• Configured, implemented and administered NFS, DNS and Sun cluster, LDAP on Solaris and Linux.
• Responsible for Implementing and administrating VMware 5.x for running the Windows, CentOS, SUSE and Red Hat Linux servers on development and test servers. Environment: Java/J2EE, Subversion, VPN, LDAP, Perforce, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Python, Remedy, UNIX and Perl Shell Scripting, Nagios, Cacti, Splunk, VMware Center, Red Hat Linux Systems, CentOS, SUSE. Canarys - Bangalore, India Nov 2011 - Dec 2012
Role: Linux Administrator
• Performed system builds, server builds, upgrades, patches, migration, troubleshooting, security, backup, disaster recovery, performance monitoring and fine-tuning on Red Hat Linux systems.
• Created Power Shell script that monitored Oracle Enterprise Manager Status and emailed results.
• Developed the automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on LINUX environments using shell scripting.
• Integrated Maven with Shell scripts to automate the deployments of Java based applications
• Programmed Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts to automate various systems administration tasks.
• Supported infrastructure environment comprising of RHEL and Solaris.
• Involved in Linux backup/restore with tar including formatting and disk partitioning.
• Designed and implemented Puppet-based configuration management system for all new Linux machines (physical and virtual).
• Involved in development, user acceptance, performance testing, production & disaster recovery of a server.
• Responsible for setting up Cron jobs scripts on production servers.
• Installed and maintained web servers such as JBOSS, Apache HTTP server
• Performed new builds and decommissions of both physical and VMware servers.
• Played a role of database administrator by managing database and Network operations with 80 servers.
• Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Web logic.
• Involved in configuring real time backup of web servers.
• Installation and maintenance of database servers MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
• Monitored system performances using Nagios and managing network issues.
• Deployed Enterprise Application Archive (EAR), Web Application Archive (WAR), Staging and Production environments.
• Acted as Technical support by coordinating users for any server activities which may involve major changes on software or any hardware related issues.
• Applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity. Environment: Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4/5), UNIX, Python, Red Hat Cluster Servers, Maven, Puppet, Nagios, Splunk, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Shell scripts, Perl scripts, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, VMware. IMRB International - Bangalore, India Sep 2010 – Oct 2011 Role: Unix/Linux System Administrator
• Administered and maintained Red Hat 4.0, 5.0 and responsible for Troubleshooting Hardware, Performance issues Operating System Applications & Network problems.
• Deployed latest patches for Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
• Involved in Installation and configuration DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
• Involved in preparing specifications for New Infrastructure and VMware Servers, Disk Storage and Network Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and VPN's.
• Participated in configuration of IP addresses, Network Interfaces, Assigning Static Routes, Hostnames etc.
• Managed the development activities for the multiple server instances by enabling password less SSH communication between the servers.
• Resolving TCP/IP network access problems for the clients. Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services
(start, stop, restart, recycle) UNIX based shell.
• Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
• Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
• Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on SSH, NFS, SAMBA, DHCP, DNS, HTTPD services.
• Generalizing Audit Trail Reports and Time Sheet Report.
• Played a role of Database administrator and participated in installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation
Environment: RedHat Linux 4.0,5.0, DNS, HTTPD, SNMP, TCP/IP, SSH, Tomcat, Apache Server, TCP/IP, HTTP, Bash. EDUCATION:
Western Michigan University,
Master of Science in Computer Science