RORY D. HAYLES email@example.com Cell. 760-***-****
IT professional for hire.
Information Technology professional with a proven track record providing help desk support across diverse client industries. Acknowledged ability to increase employee productivity while reducing unwanted turnover, department downtime and expenses. Demonstrated successful training of new team members as well as ongoing colleague development. Adapts quickly to new technologies while delivering excellent customer service internal and external to the organization.
Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) CompTIA A+ Certified Technician
BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 2007 Microsoft Exchange 2007 -2016, Office 365,
Windows Server 2003 - 2016 Microsoft SQL 2005-16, SCRM, Solarwinds WHD
Macintosh OS 10X, JIRA, Shoretel Acronis Norton Ghost Clonezilla
Windows 10/8 /7/ Poloycom JAMF Casper Suite 7, Solarwinds
Magic, Remedy, Kayako Connectwise POS Tradewind, Winretail, Xstore
NetSupport Kaseya Dameware Ricoh, Dell, Xerox Printers
Red Hat Linux, Spice work, PRTG Skype for Business, Sharepoint
Citrix, VM Sphere, Netvault, Fortigate, Fatpipe, Spiceworks
Atlassian Bitbucket, Confluence PCI Compliant, HIPAA compliant
System / Network Administrator
The System / Network Administrator I was responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting a company's computer systems. Designs and installs LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments.
Oct 2017 – Jan 2018
• Environment 3 sites, 50 lab equipment 6 hosts with 21 vm server
• Managing End users accounts, Scientist and HR and Executive accounts
• Technical environment Fortinet firewall, Fortinet switches, and WAPS, Alien-vault.
• Analyze and isolate issues
• Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to specific users
• Maintain network servers such as a file server, vpn gagteway, intrusions detection systems
Road Rebel Booking Agents
Responsibilities included maintaining the company's server, network, application, and desktop infrastructure.
July 2017 – Oct 2017
• Microsoft Lync 2013/Skype for Business (Enterprise Voice) and VOIP concepts.
• Domain management and SSL certificate installation/management. Certificate Authority and PKI concepts
• Managing backups and restore jobs. Microsoft Data Protection Manager experience
• Managing Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 or similar database system a plus.
• Managing Microsoft IIS or similar web service/application preferred. Able to troubleshoot HTTP/HTTPS, SFTP/FTP, SSL, etc.
• Experience with Atlassian software tools such as Bitbucket, Confluence, and JIRA a plus
• Experience with SAN or Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI)
• Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, or other)
• Experience with SQL
IT Service Analysis II
Assigned me to an environmental and engineering consulting firm with more than 350 planners, scientists, engineers, licensed contractors, and technical staff May 2016 – July 2017
•Operational and Technical Primary technical contact for the IT Service Center, supporting all local and remote Dudek users.
•Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to IT service requests. Utilize and maintain Tech Hive ’s help desk software (Web Help Desk).
• Promptly and accurately update tickets. Help with the implementation, integration, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of Company systems (hardware, software, telephony and networking systems as-needed)
•Perform advanced level diagnosis and resolution of hardware/software problems Support of various office and technical applications (Microsoft Office, Citrix, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, etc.).
•Work after-hours and travel to remote offices, as needed.
Harvest Meat Company, Inc.
Privately Held; 201-500 employees; 2 billion dollar Food & Beverages industry April 2012 –May 2016
The System Administrator's role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This position is the primary user support contact for minor to major day-to-day computer problems and network related issues.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Basic troubleshooting of hardware and software on a Windows/PC network.
• Troubleshoot LAN connectivity issues such as cables and network configuration.
• Support and assist users in application software solutions (3rd party applications, Eudora, Excel, Word) and IT network / systems structure (from sign-on to sign-off).
• Installation and configuration of Intel-based PCs and related hardware (printers, modems, keyboard, mice, monitors, etc.)
• Citrix and Active Directory environments -Red Hat Linux
•Networking (Cisco, IP routing, etc.) -VMWare
•NAS/SAN environments - Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 8.1
IT HELP DESK ASSOCIATE
Crunch Fitness / Fitbpo, 2010 – April 2012
Qualified IT Help Desk associate that answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, VOIP phones and other computer-related technologies. Self-starter, motivated by a fast paced, growth oriented environment.
• Provided problem isolation and resolution within a multi-location, diverse systems environment
• Willingness to take ownership and provide resolution of help desk tickets
• Participated and assist in continued development of company support knowledge base
• Desktop hardware and software installations and support
• Documentation of Help Desk and End User environment and systems
• Point of sales system, Tradewind, Winretail
• 24x7 monitoring and resolution of service desk tickets
• Proficient in current Windows Desktop, MS Office 2007, Exchange, SharePoint and Active Directory
• Proficient in Windows Server OS's, SQL, MS CRM, Dynamic GP and VOIP experience
HELP DESK LEVEL 1 SUPERVISOR
DC Shoes, Inc., a subsidiary of Quiksilver 2006 - 2010
Developed and supervised $550M IT business unit charged with headquarters and remote desktop support of 300+ end users and 50 satellite locations for a leading technical footwear and apparel brand in the action sports industry.
• Reduced system downtime 85% through efficient coordination and management of vendor service contracts and schedules,
•Lowered unwanted turnover 70% through staff development initiatives
• Implemented compliant Sarbanes-Oxley Service Request Policy & Standard procedures
• Responsible for department hardware and software inventory and consumables
• Manage and assign all IT related tickets to various levels of technicians
• Administrator duties (BlackBerry BES and Verizon card VPN)
• Perform Level 1 desktop support in person and by remote tools
• Magic and Remedy Ticketing Systems
• Maintain MS Exchange Server email database
• Responsible for basic maintenance of all Printers (Ricoh and Xerox) in our facilities as well scheduled expert technical assistance for difficult jobs.
• Responsible for servicing, maintaining and upgrading all Apple products in the company.
•Resolved Compatibility issues with premier proprietary software.
LEVEL 2 HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Time Warner Cable, San Diego, CA 2005 – 2006
Level 2 Help Desk Technician for a dynamic company that was paramount in the push for HD service in San Diego. We introduced VOIP home services at the time when it was just Our company was built on a foundation of technological innovation. As the second-largest cable company in the U.S., we delivered products and services to more than 14 million customers.
• Troubleshoot and repair customer cable, phone, and Internet services remotely for one of the world’s largest providers of digital cable TV, high speed online and digital phone service
• Achieved and maintained a proficiency rating of 97%
• Scheduled team off-site service calls
SENIOR HELP DESK COORDINATOR
EDS, San Diego, CA 2003 - 2005
• Managed SLA's for the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) Multi-billion dollar contract for global technology services consulting company
• Troubleshoot customer systems remotely using Remedy and Microsoft Exchange Server
• Set up and moved user floating accounts with MS Active Directory
• Achieved 24 hour turnaround of new arrival? setup
The Chip Merchant, San Diego, CA 1997 - 2003
• Customized systems and network for personal and business use for industry leader in high-quality components, services and storage solutions
• Systems upgrade and repair
• QA testing for hardware and software
• Recognized with numerous customer service awards
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Associated Technical College, San Diego, CA
Microcomputer Technology Diploma
Southwestern College, Chula Vista, CA
General Education course credits – 100 credits towards A.S. degree