Amarillo, TX ***09
To obtain a position in an exciting field that will allow me to utilize my office skills, customer service experience and purchasing knowledge. I would like to grow with an expanding company!
-Service Coordinator (May 2015-Present)
• Direct the daily operational activity of all delivery personnel. Supervise daily employee scheduling. Establish procedures to ensure efficient and timely deliveries, effective operations and customer satisfaction. Set department and individual goals based on company objectives and communicate effectively to staff. Develop strategies and action plans to achieve goals. Hire, train and evaluate HME technicians to meet the goals of the department. Ensure that the skills of staff personnel meet the needs of the customers. Perform employee performance reviews and yearly evaluations. Calculate department time cards and process times sheets for Human Resources.
-Purchasing Manager & Inventory Control Specialist (April 2011-Present)
• Manage daily operations with budgeted expenses and revenues. Ensure an adequate and timely supply of products and parts for the company by ordering, stocking, and controlling the equipment purchased to provide services to our customers. Establish reorder points and stocking levels, inventory and tracking equipment usage, and receiving and processing equipment shipments. Research and develop new product lines. Plan and direct the daily operation of the warehouse and distribution functions. Works closely with accounts payable to ensure prices on invoices are entered accurately and set up for payment. Serves as part of the negotiation team when working contracts with MCOs and other organizations. Efficiently analyze proposals based on knowledge of costs and distribution. Resolve customer concerns and any complaints by identifying problems and coordinating appropriate corrective action. Maintains accurate and complete documentation of complaints and resolutions.
-Rehab Coordinator (July 2003- Present)
• Collaborated with our Assistive Technology Professional to create the new rehab department. Process medical billing, intake, data entry and reimbursement for all customers and orders within the department. Verify and negotiation of all insurances. Schedule all appointments for three peers within the department. Delivery and pick up of medical paperwork to and from doctor's offices, physical therapy facilities and hospitals. Place orders for all rehab equipment. I generate monthly profit and success reports. I travel to attend reimbursement training conferences to stay updated in this field.
-Intake Supervisor (November 2002 June 2003)
• Coordinated the startup of this new department. I possessed the knowledge in every aspect of this department with three subordinates to supervise. Responsible to process all demographic and insurance data entry of new and walk-in business, referrals, faxes and verbal orders on all durable medical equipment and oxygen. Ensured paperwork accuracy before monthly orders were released. I accomplished billing concepts with all insurances, including verifications and negotiations. I have extensive knowledge in Medicare and Medicaid coverage criteria including HCPC, ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding.
-Purchasing and Rehab Coordinator (February 1996-November 2002)
• Assisted the Rehab department with all daily tasks which included setting all appointments, verification and billing of all insurances, extensive paperwork for Medicare and Medicaid, attended seating, positioning and reimbursement clinics, composed and negotiated all bids, customer and referral relations within the disabled community.
• Supervised three subordinates within the Purchasing department. Responsible for yearly physical inventory, ordered and maintained stock for three locations. Maintained profit/loss, cost savings and inter-company transfer reports. Processed data entry of all purchasing aspects, control of serialized inventory and collaborated with sales representatives within the medical field.
-Purchasing Assistant (February 1995 - 1996)
• Prepared invoices and purchase orders for the durable medical side of the company to be processed by the accounts payable clerk, filing, data entry of all orders and transfers, assisted coordinator with all daily tasks mentioned above.
-Accounting Clerk (February 1994 - 1995)
• Managed Accounts Payable for the pharmacy side of the company, which included distribution of checks to sales representatives or vendors, general ledgers, reconciliation of daily cash bags for durable medical side of the company and bank deposits.
Advanced Care Center East, 2423Line Avenue, Amarillo, TX 79106-facility closed
-Nursing Home Assistant Administrator & Activities Director (September 1991 - February 1994)
• Managed Accounts Receivables and Payables, calculated time cards for submission to payroll, maintained employee files, resident trust funds, and patient financial files, third party billing, close public relations with families and responsible parties. Coordinated nursing home activities for the residents and scheduled outings. This was a 184-bed, skilled nursing facility. Travelers Inn, 1620 1-40 East, Amarillo, TX 79103-went out of business
-Front Desk Clerk (September 1988 –September 1991)
• 3-11 shift-Guest relations, heavy telephone console, reservations, shift reconciliation, bank deposits and data entry CRT main frame OFFICE SKILLS
Microsoft Edge, Excel, Word, Office 365 & Outlook, Windows 10, Corel Quattro Pro, typing 60 WPM, 10-Key by touch, fax, and scanning machines, TIMS & Mestamed Medical Billing Systems, Med Group training & software, and Emtrak applications. EDUCATION
Victory Church School of Leadership
-Certificate of Leadership Completion June 2016
-Various Continuing Education Courses for Durable Medical Equipment, Management, and Billing Systems. Group Purchasing, Payer Contracts, and Business Solutions Networking
-Certificate BSN Jobst Qualified Fitter for Custom Compression Supports May 2000 Amarillo College
-Certificate Nursing Home Activity Director September 1993
-Certificate Medical Terminology December 1992
-Basics Fall 1989-Spirng 1990
Palo Duro High School Graduate Diploma 1989
2077 Rio Ranchero
Pipe Creek, TX 78063
National Home Health Care
1905 S. Woodland St.
Amarillo, TX 79103
National Home Health Care
3301 Oxbow Trail
Amarillo, TX 79106