PAUL N. NGUYEN
Riverbed Technology, Sunnyvale, CA 2014-March 2018 Supplier Base Engineer:
NPI process – managed activities (from NPI to Production):
• Creation of manufacturing instructions.
• System Pilot/NPI build activities: first article approval, issue resolutions for improvements and defect prevention preparation for Production release. Sustaining process – managed:
• Changes in process and products’ BOM’s (Agile system).
• Process transfer of system assembly from one CM production site to other.
• CM process/product issue resolutions - providing technical guidance/oversight on suppliers’ processes (SMT, PTH and system builds) for improvements and defect prevention.
Audit activities – managed:
• Process and product audit of domestic and international suppliers – include: driving closure of non-conformance (CAPA) and providing defect prevention.
• Assessment of new CM/supplier process capabilities. Field failure RCA activities:
• Managed the process of issues’ root causes and solutions of field failures relating to manufacturing/process issues at CM and suppliers - providing solutions to prevent problems.
• Performed some troubleshoot and RCA of RMA units. AsteelFlash, Fremont, CA
As Project Engineer:
• Lead team to develop PPAP procedure for automobile products.
• Attended IPC APEX and reported to management the implementation of new technologies / equipment capabilities.
• Managed: improvement activities in SMT/Conformal Coating/System Integration and defect prevention by analyzing failure trend/work instruction/process to ensure compliance with customer requirements and process capability.
• Conducted training to management and employees:
a) Implementation of Auto Quality principles by leading team of 4 Quality Engineers, FQA Supervisor to validate and or set up process and by managing SOP compliance in Production to achieve zero-defect goal. b) Development and implementation of QCDM (quality, cost, delivery, motivation) visual management systems.
c) Re-certification programs in Production (as Site Re-certification Trainer) As Customer Quality Engineer:
• Managed quality aspects (data analysis, customer interface, CFT leading) for multiple core accounts to address product/process/procedure non-compliance: 8D CAPA, QRQC, 4M, 5WHY, PFMEA.
• Lead customer audit activities.
• Prepared presentation, participated in QBR with customers. Aviat Networks, San Jose, CA
As Lean Six Sigma Black Belt:
• Managed the implementation of the Cost of Poor Quality tracking systems; analyzed data and recommended cost reduction Kaizen projects to management.
• Co- facilitated Kaizen projects applying DMAIC methodology to improve OFQ process and to increase yield in Configuration Functional Test.
• Conducted training courses:FMEA, Quality Awareness, 5S implementation for Production operators/supervisors and managers.
As Product Quality Engineer:
• Facilitated weekly CIT driving target schedule to resolve field failures and generated customer facing reports.
• Generated monthly global RMA report and analyzed data for field failure trends; correlated RMA data with Contract Manufacturer component failure data to drive corrective/preventive actions.
Flextronics NPI, San Jose, CA
Sr. Quality Engineer:
• Worked with the customer and internal NPI teams to ensure effective product transition from NPI center to manufacturing facilities: Developed product quality plans.
Involved in production flow, process set-up and validation. Coordinated customer audit process; reviewed and prepared ISO procedures/documents and RoHS requirements for the audits; worked with cross functional teams in resolving audit findings.
• Lead CAPA activities: worked interactively with cross functional teams and customers on problem-solving, evaluated results and reported on effectiveness to management and customers.
• Generated weekly/monthly/QBR yield reports; analyzed failure trend for resolving quality/process issues.
• Participated in Lean / Kaizen projects to improve process and quality. Celestica Corporation, San Jose, CA
Resided at customer’s system integration facility to support daily manufacturing/process/quality activities: issue investigation/resolutions, rework, RMA, MRB.
• Supported NPI build and failure analysis (CPAS).
• Managed and supervised personnel on Stop Ship Purge/Rework efforts. COMPUTER SKILLS
Microsoft Access/PowerPoin/Excel/Word, Agile, DataSweep. EDUCATION
• Courses completed with certifications:
Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt, FMEA, ASQ Quality Cost Principles, IPC-610.
• Courses in certification program at UC Santa Cruz Extension: Project and Program Management.
• University of California, Davis
Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences
REFERENCES: Available upon request.