Over 4+ years of IT experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Documentation and Production Support of Business Intelligence - Data warehouse applications.
Expertise in designing and developing Business Intelligence solutions in staging, Enterprise Data warehouse, Analytical Data warehouse using Informatica Power Center 9.x,8.6 versions, SQL, PL/SQL, Netezza SQL.
Good exposure to the Agile and Waterfall Software development methodologies.
Expertise in collecting business requirements & specifications for the data warehouse design.
Developed mappings that perform ETL of source data using various transformations to meet business logic in the mappings.
Highly proficient in the use of SQL Server, Oracle & PL/SQL in constructing triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, relational database models and data integrity, SQL joins and query writing.
Practical understanding of Entity-Relationship concepts, Facts and dimensions tables, slowly changing dimensions, Dimensional modelling (Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema), Normalization and De- Normalization Concepts.
Expertise in Dollar universe scheduling tool.
Work with peers from various functional areas to support their data warehousing and data analysis needs and also define IT wide processes like code reviews, performing different kinds of testing, documentation and knowledge sharing.
Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressures coordinating multiple tasks in project environment. Key Skills
Data Warehousing/ETL Tools Informatica Powercenter 9.x/8.6 Data Modelling
Dimensional Data Modelling, Star Schema,
Oracle 11g/10g/9i, SQL Server 2005/2008/2012,
Toad, SQL Developer, Aginity, Dollar Universe,
Putty, MS Visio
Operating Systems & packages MS Windows 8/7/XP, UNIX, MS office SDLC Methodologies Agile, waterfall
TATA Consultancy Services, INDIA
Systems Engineer June 2015-Jan 2016
Project: Health Indicator
Health Indicator is developed to generate the health score to be used by the analytical team to generate the alerts as a precautionary measure and also provide action plan to reduce risk, improve health and lower costs.
• Translated business processes into Informatica mappings by using Informatica Designer which populated the data into the Analytical data warehouse with Netezza.
• Wrote test plans and executed the same at unit testing and also supported for system testing, volume testing and user testing.
• Worked on developing Informatica Mappings, Mapplets, Sessions, Workflows and Worklets for data loads.
• Extensively worked on Netezza Extract Load and Transformation mechanism by taking data from various sources and loading it into database using NZSQL and NZLOAD utilities.
• Performed various data cleansing and data conversion functions in various transformations.
• Developed mapping spreadsheets with source to target data mapping with physical naming standards, datatypes, domain definitions, and corporate meta-data definitions.
• Created complex stored procedures, functions involving complex joins to integrate multiple sources to build business rules to load the data.
• Used different cache properties, such as dynamic cache session property to perform the update and insert into the relational table simultaneously using Lookup transformation.
• Configured workflows with Email task, which would send mail with session, log for failure of a sessions and for target failed Rows.
• Tuned performance of Informatica session for large data files by increasing block size, data cache size, sequence buffer length and target based on commit interval.
• Assisted the team in the development of design standards and codes for effective ETL procedure development and implementation.
• Prepared the documents required for code migration and was responsible for code deployment to QA and production.
TATA Consultancy Services, INDIA
Systems engineer Sept 2011-Apr 2014
Project: Analytical Consumer Ecosystem(ACE) Data Assets The Analytical Consumer Ecosystem (ACE) is a system comprised of applications supporting all consumer touch points. ACE ensures that the data is collected and stored in an aggregated location that is accessible by all areas of the business for consumer analytics. These consumer analytics inform campaign and communication management, message/interaction personalization, and an enhanced consumer experience.
The key components of ACE are:
• Aggregate Consumer Data by creating an Operational Consumer Hub
• Inform Business Processes with Consumer Analytics by providing an environment and tools for analysis, reporting, predictive modeling and enhanced visualization
• Enable an enhanced consumer experience both real-time and scheduled interactions. Responsibilities:
• Worked with Business analysts and Architect for requirements gathering, business analysis and designing of the data warehouse. Translating user inputs into ETL design documents.
• Extensively used Informatica to load data from multiple source systems and flat files into the target Oracle database.
• Developed Informatica workflows and sessions associated with mappings using workflow manager.
• Created test cases for unit testing and coordinated with testing team to make them understand business and transformation rules being used throughout the process.
• Wrote complex SQL scripts involving multiple tables for implementing business rules and transformations.
• Used update strategy and target load plans to load data into Type-2 /Type-1 Dimensions.
• Used Mapplets and Reusable transformations to prevent redundancy of transformation usage and maintainability.
• Checked sessions and error logs to troubleshoot problems and also used debugger to identify the bottlenecks.
• Work closely with project teams in fixing the data issues and stay on top of the given timelines.
• Involved in migrating developed components using Informatica Repository through various environments
Project: Core Metrics
Core Metrics is a system which involves the development of workflows to update and run the files given by the clients. This involves handling of the data and then loading the files in the proper format. Responsibilities:
• Coordinated with source system owners, day-to-day ETL progress monitoring, and data warehouse target schema design.
• Designed and developed ETL strategies and mappings from source systems to target systems. ETL strategies were designed to cater initial load and incremental load.
• Designed and developed pre-session, post-session routines in the session properties.
• Involved in converting the data mart from logical design to physical design, defined data types, constraints, indexes, generated schema in the database.
• Developed complex mappings using a range of transformations on the extracted data according to the business rules and user requirements.
• Used Debugger to validate mappings and also to obtain troubleshooting information about data. Performance tuning is performed at the mapping level as well as the database level to increase the data throughput.
• Created and configured Workflows, Worklets, and Sessions to transport the data to target warehouse tables using Informatica Workflow Manager.
• Created Parameter files to run the workflows and performed scheduling of tasks.
• Prepared documentation on all aspects of ETL processes, definitions and mappings.
• Rigorous unit testing to reduce the defects before deployment and also document all aspects of ETL processes, definitions and mappings.
• Scheduling of all the jobs to automate the process. Implemented rules to handle tricky and complex scheduling tasks in Dollar Universe.
• Documented the production/support documents for the components developed when handing over the application to the production support team.
• Debugged mappings. Identified bugs in existing mappings by analysing the data flow and evaluating transformations.
Awards and Other Activities
• Received Star of the Month excellence award and On the Spot Award.
• Involved in cross functional trainings to expertise in other technologies.
• Involved in training the team, coordinated client visits, cultural activities and fun at work.
• Took initiation for coordinating and maintaining team competency levels in their area of expertise and motivate them to up skill their knowledge.
Master of Technology
M.Tech. in Embedded Systems
JNTU UNIVERSITY, INDIA
CLASS OF JUN 2011
Bachelor of Engineering
BE in Electronics & Communications
JNTU UNIVERSITY, INDIA
CLASS OF JUN 2009