KAREN E. HOFFMAN
As a collaborative and customer-centric instructional designer, I am passionate about effectively deploying learning solutions that drive behavior change and performance across companies. A self-starter with high energy, I drive initiative and commitment by successfully communicating complex business and compliance requirements. I have a proven track record of working with diverse stakeholders and business leaders to successfully manage all phases of the training development process, to build consensus and to bridge solutions across disciplinary teams.
Portfolio on request
Partners with subject matter
experts and clients to build
personalized and engaging
learning solutions to drive
PROJECT MANAGEMENT &
Develops, builds and executes
learning deliverables from
inception to launch with
attention to detail, accuracy,
and adherence to budgets and
EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE IN
learning principles and
evaluation techniques. Adapts
to latest technologies, data
and research to impact
learning and business results.
ANALYSIS & RESEARCH
Evaluates the business impact
of learning programs through
data and performance metrics
and determines necessary
changes and approaches for
BACHELOR OF ARTS, English;
SENIOR INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
ADVANTAGE SOLUTIONS APRIL 2012 – PRESENT
Research, design, develop, and update large-scale and high profile innovative and practical learning solutions and methods that support the company’s learning initiatives.
• Collaborate with business partners and technical subject matter experts to develop and design blended learning training programs, which may include instructor-led and computer-based training delivery methods.
• Develop deliverables based on the needs of both the business and the learners.
• Design and manage instructionally sound curriculum by creating design templates and e-learning projects, while adhering to budget, schedule, and scope.
• Develop and execute measurement and evaluation strategies to analyze the efficiency and effectiveness of learning solutions on performance, synthesizing data to create or update models and recommendations.
OPERATIONS, PROJECT MANAGEMENT, & INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN LOCUS MEDIA JUNE 2004 - APRIL 2012
Fostered business growth to help clients reach goals by imparting skills and introducing tools through learning solutions and training programs.
• Created, planned and executed client e-learning products, from project intake, to production, draft review, editing, voice-over and publication.
• Developed e-learnings based on specific client needs using Articulate Storyline.
• Managed timelines and movement of projects with clients and employees.
• Performed various operational duties to help build the company from the ground up. SALES OPERATIONS EXTRON ELECTRONICS
MARCH 1998 - JUNE 2004
Held several different positions before ultimately supporting and aiding sales department employees maneuver through a company-wide system transition to ensure success.
• Learned the new CRM system in the development phase and produced appropriate training materials to support the adoption of the new system.
• Maintained and updated training materials based on system changes and communicated new processes to sales department employees. VARIOUS OTHER POSITIONS