TONY JUSTIN (TJ) CORNELIO
Structural engineer with a strong background in numerical modelling. Enjoys challenges and problem solving. A confident and excellent communicator and motivator across people of different sectors and businesses. My DUTIES are:
- Scatch models and hand calculation for a pre-analysis of the structure;
- 3D FEM modeling of the structure using software like STRAUS7 (STRAND7), SAP2000, ProSAP and similar;
- Geotechnical numerical analysis, investigation of soil-structure interaction;
- to analyze with structural and geotechnical instrumentation the short term and long term behaviour of the civil works;
- to check the structure in accordance with relevant codes;
- to prepare complete calculation reports;
- to prepare reports on materials used in the projects;
- to prepare geotechnical and geological reports;
- to define drawings layout for CAD teams;
CERTIFIED OF PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER (chartered civil engineer Structural engineer) in Italy 06-03-2013
- Written examination of the general theory and technical exams. (Design of structures resistant to seismic load)
- Oral examination. (Analytical solution of a simple frame subjected to horizontal forces) PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
LM Heavy Civil Construction, LLC, Quincy, MA Jul. 2015 – Now Estimator
• Estimate of private and public jobs, regarding tracks, utilities, drainage, civil, earthworks (by hand or with AGTEK) and concrete works
• Understanding of technical drawings, progect specification documents, supplemental condition.
• Revise design drawings, vendor products, support field engineer with submittals for public or private clients Piacentini Ingegneri S.r.l., Italy Apr. 2014 – Aug. 2014 Structural Engineering
Discipline engineering activities and ensure that they are carried out in accordance with pertinent specifications, statutory and other contractual requirements, with due regard to safety, operability, maintainability and constructability aspects.
Carry out structural assessment, analysis and design of buildings structures, bridges and industrial pavements for static and dynamic loadings
(principally with straus7).
Analyze and design of structures using various design codes and standards such as ISO, British Standards, Eurocodes etc.
Producing engineering deliverables such as structural design reports, calculations, work instructions, weight estimations.
To preparing work packages for fabrication, instillation, as-built and other relevant documents as required on the project.
Assistance to development 3D model and preparation of 2D structural drawings.
Sharing information within the discipline and other discipline that interface with own discipline in due time. Elletipi S.r.l., Italy Oct. 2013 – Dic. 2013
Experimental laboratory tests on construction materials
Head of Ex L.1086/71
direct contact with customers
control that the laboratory tests are in agreement with the standards. Tecnocontrolli S.r.l., Italy Oct. 2012 – Oct. 2013 Technical Support
Experimental laboratory tests on construction materials (concrete, steel, mortar, bitumen and asphalt, aggregates, masonry blocks, studio mixes for asphalt and cement) and in general, of structural controls. EDUCATION
Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna – Faculty of Engineering, Bologna (Italy) MSc degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering Dec 2007 – Dec 2011 Major: Structural steelwork and reinforced concrete construction, limit state design, structural applications of FRP, management and control of civil works, hydraulic works, highway construction and repair. Optional subjects covered Design in Sismic Zone, Ground Improvement, Geotecnichal Engineering. Master Thesis Title: Effects of infill panels on the seismic response of a typical R.C. frame. COMPUTER SKILLS
Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Publisher,etc.). Relating to the civil engineering software: AutoCAD, Planswift, SKETCHUP, STRAUS7, Pro_SAP, SAP2000, CDSwin, Drain 2d/90, Drain 2000, RCcola, FrameAnalyzer, UltraeditCrimson Editor.