Araz R. Khojasteh
Engineer Athlete Artist
M.Sc. Petroleum Engineer fully flexible for new training courses and on the job training in workshops and offshore trips. Proven skills to work on many projects at the same time, and I think it allows me to be more creative and effective in each one, also helps my problem-solving abilities. Quick learner, enthusiastic about technology, curious, diligent and positive.
2017- 2018 MSc. Petroleum Engineering University of Aberdeen Courses include:
1. Fundamentals of Petroleum Geoscience 2. Petro-physics, Core Analysis and Formation Evaluation 3. Reservoir Engineering 4. Well and Production Engineering 5. Reservoir Simulation 6. Enhanced Oil Recovery 7. Well Testing 8. Field Development Plan and Economics
MSc Project: Molecular dynamic simulation of wettability between immiscible phases using fractal theory. Concept: The objectives of this project were: 1.to extract pore information, such as pore size distribution and fractal dimension from rock images; 2.to formulate analytical expression of flow functions using fractal theory; 3.to compare the analytical flow function with that from lab measurements and numerical modelling. 2010-2015 BSc. Petroleum Engineering IAU (Science & Research Branch)
(Oil & Gas Reservoirs)
Courses include: 1st in class
1. Reservoir Engineering 1, 2 and 3 (Gas)2. Fundamental of Well Testing3. Reservoir Studies 4. Exploitation Operation 5. Reservoir Management and Protection 6. Methods of Reservoir Surveying and Increase7. Structural Geology 8. Well Logging
Statistics and Strength of Materials / Petroleum Geology / Material and energy Balance / Reservoir Rock Properties / Fluid Mechanics / Thermodynamics 1&2 / Process Control / Industrial Management / Fundamentals of Petroleum Industry Process / Fluid Mechanics Lab / Reservoir Fluid Properties / Heat Transfer / Two-phase Fluid Mechanics / Application of mathematics in Engineering / Heat Transfer Lab / Mass Transfer / Process Control Lab
BSc Project: Enhanced Oil Recovery with Gel Polymers in Black oil fields Concept: Study and modelling of production methods of black oil reservoirs, EOR, measuring effective factors, economical methods of chemical flooding, basic mechanisms of polymer injection, modelling of gel performance in porous media and the mathematical model of the motion gel. 2009-2010 Pre-University Allameh Tabatabaei High School 2006-2009 High School Allameh Tabatabaei High School SKILLS Technical: Professional reservoir simulation Flogrid / Eclipse100 / Eclipse 300 / Pipesim / MBAL / MATLAB / PVT / PETREL RE / T Navigator / Interactive Petrophysics / Kappa Saphire Data Analysis: Interpretation of well logs / Approving a numerical model based on analytical approach. Communication: Experience in volunteer teaching / Model United Nation / Passionate to have more friends. Team Work: Working in Lab in University / Working on field development plan and economics in a group as a medium size company / Football league / Patience / Respectful / Creativity / Goal setting / Acknowledging Others I.T: Familiar and comfortable with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Prezi) / ICDL Languages: Persian / Azeri / English / German
Analytical and Problem-Solving skills:
• Being on the watch / Thinking and acting systemically / Curiosity / Confidence / Courage / Constancy
• Understanding of immiscible fluid configuration in mixed wet condition in heterogenous reservoirs.
• Analysis of changing in wettability in complex geometric models and simulating them using fractal theory.
• Developing non-wet phase equations for mixed wet petroleum reservoirs based on fractal theory.
• Modelling of motion gel in porous medium in black oil reservoirs. WORK EXPERIENCE Oct 2014-Dec 2014 Trainee Engineer Pasargad Oil Company
• Operational support and maintenance for compressors, pumps and digital processing instrumentation.
• Procedure for Determining Reliability of Mechanical Structures Based on risk assessment matrix. Jul 2012-Sep 2012 Trainee Engineer Petro Pars Hiva
• Provided support and contouring maps for south pars gas reservoir.
• Gathering PVT data from specific core samples from different layers of potential reservoirs. CERTIFICATIONS Professional Reservoir Simulating Using: Flogrid – Eclipse 100 – Petrel - PIPESIM
• Awarded by: MAGMA ENERGY GROUP / Schlumberger next training section Aberdeen Drilling Consultancy
• Organized by: ADC Virtual Academy
IELTS Certification: 6.5
• Organized by: IRSAFAM IELTS
Deutsch Zertifikat B1: 4 out of 5
• Organized by: Goethe-Institute
The Leadership Academy
• Awarded by: University of Aberdeen
• Model United Nation Society / Society of Petroleum Engineers / Energy Institute / AFBE – UK Scotland
• Passion for travelling in order to learn about the history, culture and lifestyle of different countries
• Tehran selections for Athens Olympics 2004, Track and field: 200 m,400 m,4 100 relay race.
• Fundraising Volunteer - Ultra white-collar boxing in collaboration with cancer research UK.
• Captain of Azad University Football team.