Md Abir Hasan
Embedded Software Engineer
A results-driven, customer-focused, articulate and analytical Embedded Device Engineer with 8+ years industrial and academic experience. Strong in design and integration problem-solving skills. Proficient in working with micro- controllers and Raspberry Pi. Good working knowledge of serial communication protocols like UART, SPI, CAN, and I2C. Strong written and verbal communications. Enjoys being part of a team, as well as managing, motivating and training a productive team, and thrives in high pressure and challenging working environments.
6661 n seeley av.
Apt 1S, Chicago, Illinois-60645
Date of birth
Embedded C Expert
MATLAB & Simulink Expert
PLC Programming Advanced
Eagle Autodesk Expert
Magic VLSI Advanced
present Graduate Teaching Assistant
University of Alaska Fairbanks
• Collaborate with training students to perform various lab exercises. Review and grade student homework, quizzes, lab reports, and presentations while recommending areas of improvement and constructive feedback.
2015-12 System Engineer
• 1st level Fault Handling of Radio, Core, IT System.
• Provide support to the vendors.
• Escalate fault to 2nd line and follow up.
Route cause analysis for SMS failure, GT definition checks in both SMSC & STP, SMSC process restart, reinitiate, port binding check, Transient error check, port owner check etc.
• Prepared weekly and monthly report and escalated directly to the management. 2013-04 -
2013-11 Senior Engineer
Novelty Engineering Corporation
Rendered technical drawings and electrical systems specifications that exceeded company standards.
Performed in-depth electrical acceptance testing of completed hardware, including continuity and high potential isolation testing.
Monitored installation and operations to consistently meet rigorous customer requirements.
• Designed Electrical Layout using AutoCAD for multiple industries. 2016-01 -
2018-05 Master of Science, Electrical Engineering, University of Alaska Fairbanks
1) Designed a Flexible Shape Sensor for Fabric structures using MSP430G2553 sponsored by NASA.
2) General Purpose Bio-monitoring System
• Lead a team of 3 members and successfully achieved the project goals.
• Development of a sensor system for a parachute packed into a nylon parachute. Development of serial communication protocols to interact with Flexible shape sensors.
• Development of algorithms to read physical movement data of inflatable structures. Implementation of a real-time monitoring system with the deviation greater than 1'' in the shape.
• Built a visual of the structure in a real time.
• Extensive use of ultra-low-power modes to keep the battery life longer.
• Worked with a team of 5 members and successfully achieved the project goals. Development of serial communication and I2C protocols to interact with bio-medical sensors.
Advancement of algorithms to read ECG, heart rate, Accelerometer, Muscle data and physical movement data.
• Removed noise from all the collected sensor data.
• Implementation of time synchronization techniques to maintain collision free and Experience
Microsoft Office Expert
Microsoft Windows Expert
Frequency Counter Expert
Logic Analyzer Expert
Training Institute of Chemical Industries
Energypac Engineering Limited
Global Ambassador, UAF International
Programs & Initiatives, 2016-Current.
Joint General Secretary, CUET
Debating Society, 2011-2013.
Chief Convener, Inter University Youth
Graduate Teaching Assistantship,
University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Bangladesh Government Scholarship,
Higher Secondary Certificate.
Bangladesh Government Scholarship,
3) Design of a smart monitoring system for a car using MSP430G2553. 4) Designing and Building of Digital Content Delivery System (DCDS) for DJI S900 and S1000.
5) Analyzed Effects of Multiple Factors on Heart rate & Muscle Dynamic with MATLAB. 6) Design of a S1000
well-synchronized sensor data.
Development of a smart monitoring system by integrating different sensors with a MSP430G2553.
Battery Monitoring System, distance sensor, temperature sensor, pressure sensor, and camera used simultaneously to monitor the environmental effect in the car.
Development of algorithms for detecting minute changes in weather and physical impacts.
Design and implementation of a security system (audio system) to alert the user when abnormalities are detected.
• Designed a system to deliver emergency information to the remote location.
• Setup a WIFI network system using Raspberry Pi.
• A repeater is integrated to enlarge the range of the wifi. A python script is developed to create an app such that sender and receiver can transfer the information conveniently.
• Supportive of the remote location in Alaska where cellular coverage is unavailable. Firefighters can exchange information with the help of UAV during their rescue mission.
Collect Heart rate and muscle data from different persons with the help of ECG and EMG sensor.
• Designed two separate filters to remove noises from raw ECG and EMG data.
• Development of algorithms to compute the differennces among different subjects.
• Studied different age people's muscle and heartbeat data.
• Developed an algorithm for peak detection of ECG wave.
• Formed a Student Company as a part of the course.
• Upgraded two existing UAS platforms: S900 and S1000.
• Configured flight controller and Mission Planner Software. 2009-03 -
2013-09 Bachelor of Science, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology Projects:
1) Design and build multipurpose alarm system using MSP430F5438A. 2) Seawater Desalination using photovoltaic method. 3) Electricity produce from the wastage energy from a running vehicle.
• Integrated a switch and a speaker with the MSP430F5438A.
• When user press the switch the predefined music will be played.
• A desalination chamber is designed and built.
• Chamber is powered with solar cell.
• A temperature sensor was integrated to monitor the temperature of the water. Presented at International Conference on Global Challenges, Strategies and Solution in Engineering Business and Disaster Management -2013(ICBDM – 2013).
Using rotational characteristics of a flywheel from a vehicle, it's wastage mechanical energy can be stored as electrical energy in the batteries.
PIC16F877A micro-controller is used to control the power supply to the two batteries.