WILLIAM EROL TRIPLETT
Safety-conscious and resourceful leader with 25+ years of experience in all aspects of managing large maintenance facilities and the talents and careers of the next generation of business leaders. Proven track record of quickly identifying and improving existing maintenance and production organizations. Exceptional troubleshooting skills combined with established ability in large-scale capital and major shutdown planning, with a proven safety track record of 26 plant shutdowns without a first aid injury. Established expertise in mentoring and nurturing talent, delivering improved processes, surpassing strategic goals, and successfully negotiating and building relations with union workforce. Outstanding manager distinguished for demonstrated leadership and development of highly-skilled teams through effectively managing change and recognizing individual talents. Expert at implementing procedures that improve efficiency, increase productivity and enhance overall organizational performance. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Collaborative Leader ● Team Mentor & Coach ● Maintenance Manager ● Union Relations & Negotiations Strong Interpersonal & Team Building Skills ● Proven Safety Record ● Major Shutdown Planning Quick Problem Resolution ● Troubleshooting Skills ● Patented Designs to Measure Quality Computer Proficiency: MS Office, Maximo, AutoCAD and maintenance/ finance programs, SAP, custom designed Access databases, and SharePoint
Tepro INC 2016-Present
Maintenance Manger, Winchester, TN
Manage a 16 man maintenance team for 265,000 square feet facility for Tier-1 automotive supplier. Provide leadership for all aspects of the facility operations with the focus on equipment maintenance and downtime reduction. Coordinate all plant expansions and layout changes. Responsible for capital investments and process efficiency improvements.
• 2-year record of safety with zero injuries for the department.
• 5 consecutive shutdowns involving maintenance technicians, operators and contractors with zero injuries.
• Reduced unplanned downtime from by 35% for all equipment.
• Implemented a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to proactively focus PM and corrective activities to increase OEE from 69% - 82%.
• Utilized DMAIC and Six Sigma principles to increase output from finishing teams by 10% utilizing Man/Method/Material Machine concepts.
Chicago Bridge and Iron 2013-2016
Site Supervisor, Middletown, Ohio
Directed contracted and sub-contracted maintenance workforce for a 100-oven, 50 megawatt SunCoke Energy facility. Workforce varies from 24 to 50 building trades craftsmen. Provide SunCoke with a dedicated workforce to provide emergency, corrective and predictive/preventive maintenance. Responsible for small capital projects under $200K. Key Accomplishments:
• Utilized CB&I iCare and SunCoke SSEP safety programs to achieve 2-year no accident record.
• Conducted five consecutive accident-free Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) outages.
• Led cross-functional teams to increase wrench time efficiency from 36% to 43% for corrective and preventive maintenance activities.
• Led Improvement Task Force teams to develop procedures to decreased planned outage time by 15% and decreased emergency outage time by 22% for HRSGs. WILLIAM EROL TRIPLETT, Page 2
• Attained and maintain 100% Ohio DOT welder certification for all millwrights and 100% ASME welding certification for all pipe fitters and boilermakers on permanent crew. BRIDGESTONE AMERICAN TIRE OPERATIONS 1990-2011
Maintenance Manager, Des Moines, IA, 2009-2011
Managed 175-person workforce for maintenance of 2 million square feet of AG tire facility. Instituted tracking tools for maintenance supervisors to meet budget for first half of 2011. Worked with two separate unions to transition from traditional single craft workforce to multi-craft workforce. Responsible for all aspects of plant maintenance program including emergency repair, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance programs, and contractor usage. Directed 12-person supervision staff covering all aspects of maintenance, including safety, education, recruitment, and equipment downtime reduction.
• Used Standards Driven Processes to identify and countermeasure root causes contributing to unsafe conditions to reduce OSHA recordable injuries by 95%, 12 ORI in 2009, 1 in 2010, 0 in first half 2011.
• Utilized Six Sigma practices to identify and countermeasure key equipment and processes that resulted in 30% reduction of machine downtime and 37% reduction of frequency of emergency calls contributing to plant goals of increase in production of 540,000 lbs./day to 750,000 lbs./day.
• Negotiated, as part of a team, a successful four-year contract with two separate unions to enable the transition from a single-craft maintenance workforce to a multi-crafted workforce.
• Developed a testing and hiring program for multi-craft workers, resulting in the hiring of nine new technicians and the transition from single craft to multi-craft for 27 technicians.
• Designed in-house predictive maintenance program utilizing vibration analysis, oil testing, thermography, and ultrasonic testing that effectively reduced critical failures of gearboxes and motors by 90%; went from 10 critical failures in 2009 to one in 2010, and zero for first half of 2011.
• Employed multi-craft technicians in emergency repair roles and reached agreements with unions to utilize a minimal amount of contracted labor, allowing increased planned maintenance by 250% PMs went from 20 to 50 per month.
• Established a comprehensive PM program that focused on basic maintenance practices and planned replacement of critical components based on testing, wear measurement, or time.
• Nurtured two Six Sigma Green Belts (Supervisors) and three Yellow Belts (PM planners) as part of the development of my supervision and PM planner teams. BRIDGESTONE AMERICAN TIRE OPERATIONS (Continued)
Maintenance Supervisor, Warren County, TN, 2000-2009 Supervised a 15-member maintenance crew and 12-member contractor crew for various departments in facility. Additionally, oversaw contracted mobile equipment repair shop, calibration lab, and shutdown planning. Performed various other duties in addition to department specific PMs, shutdown, and downtime reduction duties.
• Led a Six Sigma Team, as a certified Six Sigma Black Belt, that resulted in 20% decrease of MRO inventory without impact to machine repair delays. Created processes for identifying systems to identify unneeded spare parts and utilizing MTTF criteria for stocking of new spare parts still in use.
• Directed a Six Sigma Team that increased efficiency of mixing department from 64% to 83%.
• Received a US patent 06662456 for design of a measuring device used in the factory and in the field to allow accurate measurement of tire quality concerns for truck/ bus radial tires.
• Utilized Six Sigma practices and reduced downtime and frequency of emergency calls in mixing, stock prep, and tire building departments.
• Hired multi-craft maintenance technicians through the unions for over seven years as part of the hiring team and later led the hiring team.
• Achieved LEED Silver Certification for Existing Buildings, as a member of the prep team, for the Warren County Facility in energy conservation.
WILLIAM EROL TRIPLETT, Page 3
Engineering Technician, Warren County, TN, 1990-2000 Responsible for emergency repair of production equipment including PLCs, motion control involving servomotors, AC motors up to 600hp, DC motors up to 2000hp, hydraulics, pneumatics, power distribution up to 13,800 volts, and calibration of critical instruments. Key Accomplishments:
• Developed calibration process and calibration lab to meet corporate, QS-9000, and TS-16949 requirements. Managed lab for four years without a major finding from any auditing agency.
• Recognized for perfect attendance for eight consecutive years. Previous experience includes Service Technician for VIACOM Cable and ParCable of Hendersonville and Crew Chief for F4 Fighter Aircraft for the United States Air Force for four years. EDUCATION
BS in Organizational Leadership & Information Technology Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN, May 2013 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & TRAINING
• Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
• Continuous formal leadership training and seminars for 21 years, provided by employer
• Proficient in Various CMMS Maintenance Programs including SAP and Maximo
• Both small capital and large scale project planning utilizing budgets, action plans and IP/IIPs
• Strategic thru Situational Leadership
• Front Line Leader Program
• ISO-9000/TS-16949 Internal Auditor
• Taught Analytical Troubleshooting