LAB RESEARCH / PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT OR SALES / BIOMEDICAL - PHARMACEUTICAL
Ability to leverage academic knowledge and aptitude for medical science research and biomedical engineering to develop and promote new findings for pharmaceutical, hospital, laboratory, and medical equipment manufacturers / distributors Summary of Qualifications
Scientific / Engineering Knowledge: Strong academic record with ability to conduct research from online and traditional sources, as well as collecting and managing data and using statistical tools.
Interpersonal Skills: Strong communicator both written and verbal with ability to cultivate productive relationships with senior staff and colleagues; ability to provide leadership or contribute as team player. Fluent in English and Arabic. Other Skills / Attributes: Adept at quickly learning new processes and requirements. Excellent time management capabilities with strong work ethic and commitment to meeting all challenges with determination and focus. Hard worker and dedicated performer adept at providing leadership or serving as valued team player. Gift for communicating and collaborating with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds; fluent in English and Arabic.
EDUCATION / COMPUTER SKILLS
Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering (August, 2016), University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Relevant Coursework: Biomedical Engineering I & II, Biomedical Statistics II, Infectious and Disease Prevention, Regenerative Medicine, and Pathology, and Invention, Innovation, & Entrepreneurship (to name a few)
Master of Science in Medical Sciences (August, 2014), University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Relevant Coursework: Pharmacology, Genetics, Physiology, Medicine & Gender, Clinical Nutrition, Anatomy, Pathobiology of Human Cancer, Health Science Ethics, and History of Medical Sciences (to name a few)
Graduate Certificate in Medicine and Gender (August, 2014), University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science (August, 2013) – Honors College, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) • MATLAB (basic)
& SAS (basic)
• Lab & Research Safety
• Biosafety Principles & Practices
• CITI Program Biomedical Investigators & Key Personnel Refresher Course
• AALAS Learning Library Laws, Regulations, Policies, and the Guide
• AALAS Learning Library Aseptic Technique in rodent Survival Surgical Procedures
• Basic Rodent Bio-methodologies – Wet Lab Training Certificate of Completion
• Aseptic Rodent Batch Surgery - Wet Lab Training Certificate of Completion
• Aseptic Surgical Training Wet Lab Certificate of Completion
• Health and Risk Assessment for Employee Safety
• IRB Certification of Research Personnel
• IACUC Certification of Research Personnel
Honors Thesis 2012-2013
Title: “The Factors Involved in the Increase Incidence of Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease,” mentored by Drs. Amal Hakki and Ingrid Bahner (thesis committee). DIRECTED RESEARCH • 2013-2014
Master’s Program Research in Complementary and Alternative Medicine Research
• Charged with developing CAM course taught by Dr. Amal Hakki, contributing significant to design of class materials, PPT, summaries, examinations and quizzes, and videos.
• Conducted research on traditional medicine (TCM) and contributed to journal article development.
Laboratory Research (2013-2015)
Performed cell cultures, gel transfers, and western blotting laboratory techniques; mentored by Dr. Mark Mclean.
Master’s in Biomedical Engineering Qualifying Exam (2016) Title: “Replacing the heart with a Total Artificial Heart (TAH) as a Bridge to Transplantation”
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT / ACTIVITIES
Director, USF Car Meets – Participated in extramural school activity to plan and set-up automobile events, including signs, tickets, and food trucks, as well as ensuring participant safety. Coordinated one event with 500+ participants. Volunteer, Ellis Pediatrics – Gained exposure to full range of patient care, including information gathering and physician briefing and urine / blood sampling and analysis. Triaged incoming phone calls to staff.
Tae Kwon Do Martial Arts- Became a black belt 2nd degree. Trained and learned physical fighting skills. It is a discipline that shows ways of enhancing our spirit and life through training our body and mind.
USF Scientific Lab Research (January 2017 – present) USF Health OB/GYN - Dr. Charles Lockwood’s Research Division, Dean of USF Health Supervisor: Umit Kayisli, PhD
Conduct research on Maternal Fetal Medicine; high risk OB-Pregnancies related to medical, surgical, obstetrical, fetal, and genetic complications. Maternal and fetal complications caused by early pregnancies, decidual hemorrhage, accreta, & preeclampsia.
Areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:
• Cell culture; isolating/growing cells for experiment
• Western Blot / ELISA / Immunohistochemistry
• Manage laboratory equipment / solutions & reagents / tissue samples / liquid N
• Work with animal & human subjects
• Edit abstracts/proposals
Granted by The March of Dimes & The National Institute of Health