Cell: 484-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/chenxin96 OBJECTIVE
To obtain an internship position within fields related to software, computer or data science in this summer. EDUCATION
Lafayette College, Easton, PA Degrees Expected Dec 2018 B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, A.B. in Philosophy, Minor in Mathematics GPA: 3.5/4.0 SKILLS
Language: Fluent in both written and spoken Chinese and English Operating System: Windows, MacOS, Linux, Ubuntu, Raspbian Programming: Python, C/C++, SystemVerilog, Java, SQL, MATLAB, HTML/CSS RELATED WORKING EXPERIENCE
Research and Development Intern, IBM Studio - Dalian, Liaoning, China Summer 2017
- Worked with IBM employees at IBM Studio on the following 2 projects as samples of customer solutions. Project 1: Building a self-navigating robot using SLAM algorithm, which involved integrating Raspberry Pi, Lidar, SLAM algorithm in ROS.
Project 2: Developing an air quality monitor, which involved HTTP and MQTT protocols for data communication, integrating dust sensor, WiFi module, and Watson IoT Platform service in Bluemix.
- Attended weekly staff meetings involving decisions made on parts purchase, deadline schedule and designing.
- Demonstrated sample solutions to visiting groups of potential customers each week in English and Chinese. Research Assistant, ECE Department in Lafayette College - Easton, PA Spring 2017
- Worked with professors on a funded research project to build a radar detecting positions of nearby aircrafts.
- Designed circuit boards and conducted test trials for the developments and optimization.
- Built a prototype that successfully displayed detected drone signals varying based on the distance. RELATED COURSE PROJECT
SCADA Software Developer, Senior Design (In Progress) Spring 2018
- Developing, in a group of three, a SCADA software in Python for Lafayette Formula Electric Vehicle to enable communication between Raspberry Pi and CAN bus data from the vehicle.
- Integrated old code with new in Python to optimize the software that collects raw data from dynamometer. Emergency Response System Developer, Software Engineering (In Progress) Spring 2018
- Programming components in C++ to build an emergency response system that organizes and provides data for the public, the media, the first responders and the emergency planners in various emergency situations.
- Developing application that can run on Windows, MacOS, Linux, iOS and Android using QT Creator.
- Managing and building database using SQLite.
- Playing a role as project organizer keeping works of the team on track. OTHER WORKING EXPERIENCE
Fitness Assistant, Lafayette College - Easton, PA 2015 - 2016
- Responsible for maintaining a safe environment in gym by conducting regular checks of the activity space and equipment, answering questions related to equipment use, and enforcing our exercise safety guidelines. ACTIVITIES & ACADEMIC HONORS
First Prize, awarded for winning robot race in engineering department Spring 2015 Dean’s List Spring 2015, Fall 2015, Fall 2016