Sayem Mohammad Siam
Address: *** ******* ******, *******, *******
• Ranked 43 among 20452 global Samsung contestants in Samsung topcoder.
• Three years work experience as a software developer (one year in Canada).
• Designed and developed several Android, iOS and Unity3D applications following standard design pattern.
• Expertise in software design pattern.
• Eligible to work in Canada and open to relocation. Work Experience
SEP-2017 Mobile developer (Android & iOS)
Current Kinetic Commerce, Toronto, Canada.
• Lowe’s Contractor Reward application (app link Android & iOS)
– Designed project architecture and implemented core features
– Used Grpahql Api to fetch the server side data
– Integrated Firebase SDK, google analytics & bitrise
• Mall Application for Android (Eaton center and others)
– Implemented different features (parking, finding route)
– Used rest Api to fetch the server side data
– Introduced new features and performing maintenance on large existing code MAY-2017 Software Engineer
AUG-2017 Rubikloud, Toronto, Canada.
• Rubicore: A ETL framework for big data (spark, scala, sql, Redshift)
– User acceptance testing and bug fixing.
JAN-2017 Teaching and Research Assistant
SEP-2014 University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada.
• Teaching Assistant: Game Theory (C Data Structure (Python), Image Processing (Python) Responsibilities: Delivered lab lecture, solved students’ code bug, graded exam scripts, con- ducted weekly help sessions.
• Thesis: Proposed Fast-SeqSLAM, a faster version of SeqSLAM algorithm, for SLAM application.
(published in ICRA 2017) (git source code).
– Has a reduced time complexity of n log n than SeqSLAM (n2). Research Projects:
• Bear Detection Using Convolution Neural Network (CNN) (Python, Matlab, AWS).
• SLAM using Recursive Bayesian Filter (Python and ROS) git link.
• Auto-pilot for Husky and Kingfisher Robots (Python and ROS) git link. SEP-2014 Software Engineer
NOV-2012 Samsung R&D Institute, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Designed and Implemented Android Benchmark Application(Java, OpenGL).
– Designed project architecture.
– Implemented I/O, 2D graphics and 3D graphics benchmark modules for the app.
• Real-time visual effects on live video (Unity3d, C#)
• Android Remote Access Application(Java).
– Implemented the Android application for the remote phone.
• Sound Engine Prototyping for Tizen OS(C
• Implemented my own Idea: Fingertip detection, tracking and gesture recognition (Matlab).
• Developed Unit test cases for Tizen Native API(C Oct-2012 Part-time Android and Web Developer
JAN-2010 Omicron-IT, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Designed and developed following Android Applications: Google Play Store: Salesman Game, Tourist Assistant, Location Quiz, Ultimate Converter Education
JAN-2017 M.Sc. (Thesis Based) in Computing Science, CGPA: 3.7/4.0 SEP-2014 University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada.
Master’s Thesis (Computer Vision, Machine learning and Robotics): New algorithm for SLAM application which is based on SeqSLAM but has a reduced time complexity of n log n than the SeqSLAM (n2). (published in ICRA 2017) (git source code). OCT-2012 B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering, CGPA: 3.85/4.0 JAN-2009 Islamic University of Technology, Gazipur, Bangladesh. Undergrad Thesis: Human Computer Interaction Using Marker Based Hand gesture recognition
• Developed IUT-4th National ICT FEST’s website, using html, css, php and mySql .
• Arranged programming workshops at Samsung R&D Institute Bangladesh.
• Conducted Linux training at Samsung R&D Institute Bangladesh for the new Interns.
• Organizing member of IUT-4th National ICT FEST 2012, where 2000+ people turned out. Publications
Sayem Mohammad Siam and Hong Zhang, ”Fast-SeqSLAM: A Fast Appearance Based Place Recognition Algo- rithm.” 2017 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Singapore, May 29 - June 3, 2017 [pdf] .
SM Siam, J Adnad, H. Kabir ”Human Computer Interaction Using Marker Based Hand Gesture Recognition”
References are available upon request.