Minchao (Frank) Yu
Location: ***** Parkwood Drive, Cupertino CA, USA 95014
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Canadian citizen with US L2 visa and EAD approval that can work for any US employer;
• More than 12-year extensive project/program management experience in IT, logistics, healthcare and telecom industries;
• Familiar with project management knowledge (PMBOK) and methodologies (Waterfall/Agile Scrum);
• Hands-on experience with project scope, schedule, cost, resource allocation, risk/issue, stakeholder/vendor management;
• Able to work independently or with a management team, learn quickly and adapt to a fast-paced changing environment;
• Proficient of diverse project tools (MS Project, JIRA, spreadsheet, PowerPoint, MS Word/Visio);
• Experience of key project roles and leadership responsibilities in matrix organization structure;
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills with cross-functional teams;
• PMP credential holder (PMP ID: 1593296, Certificate Number: 1311514);
JIRA Administrator & Business Analyst, Web Solution Team 2016/04 ~ 2017/07 Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) (full-time) Vancouver, Canada For CST (Clinical & System Transformation) Project (http://cstproject.ca/), which was managed by a consortium group of PHSA, VCH and PHC, and was involved in $870M to establish a standard, end-to-end clinical information system and environment in British Columbia provincial health authority of Canada.
• Communicated with cross-functional teams about JIRA project business requirements and solutions;
• Developed JIRA project workflows, dashboards and team spaces with Atlassian suite (e.g. JIRA/Confluence);
Leaving reason: My family moved to USA for my wife’s work transfer and my son’s education.
Sr. Project Analyst, PMO (Project Management Office) 2015/12 ~ 2016/03
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) (3-month contract) Vancouver, Canada
For CST (Clinical & Systems Transformation) Project (http://cstproject.ca/), same as the above.
• Analyzed and defined CST project scope, goal, deliverables and managed scope changes with project steering board;
• Developed and maintained CST project risk and mitigation plan, and escalated risks/issues in JIRA environment;
Leaving reason: 3-month contract with VCH was finished, I got a permanent full-time job from government agent (PHSA).
Head of PMO (Project Management Office) 2013/10 ~ 2015/08
Something Big Tech (Mobile Game industry) Shanghai, China
For multiple ongoing mobile game development projects, which net profits were up to $10M.
• Accountable for mobile game program (multi-project) comprehensive management with Waterfall/Agile methodologies;
• Established the company project management strategy from organization structure to project standards/procedures;
• Conducted and instructed PMO team to deliver the portfolio level of project metrics, status report and project dashboard;
• Reported overall program situation, variances and trends to company management team directly;
• Resolved or mitigated issues/risks for the conflicts of time, resource allocation and requirement changes among projects;
• Coached project teams with project knowledge, processes and SOP, such as PMBOK/Agile Scrum methodology;
Leaving reason: My family moved to Canada for my son’s education.
Program Manager, PMO (Project Management Office) 2010/11 ~ 2012/12
DHL Aviation Services (Shanghai) CO., LTD (Logistics industry) Shanghai, China
For North Asia Hub (NAH) project, which was involved in $175M budget to accommodate the increasing business of DHL express and global forwarding in East Asia.
• Responsible for NAH project portfolio management of scope, master plan, cost tracking, risks/issues and quality control;
• Developed and maintained NAH portfolio project procedures, and published timely project reports and analysis updates;
• Identified/escalated important project issues/risks and performance variances to project board for final decision;
• Communicated with internal cross-functional workstreams and external contractors as a core interface of NAH Portfolio;
Leaving reason: DHL NAH project was finished.
Program Planning, PMO (Project Management Office) 2008/04 ~ 2010/10
Thales Software Systems (Shanghai) Co., LTD (Telecom Industry) Shanghai, China
For 10 rail lines of signaling system projects, which was involved in $120M budget to keep all operation trains running in safety and security with the advanced signal communication network.
• Set up and maintained the integrated signaling system program planning for 10 product lines;
• Developed and updated project WBS (Control Account/WP/Tasks), dependencies, and human resources in Primavera
• Consolidated actual costs, labor hours, schedule variances, Critical Path, monthly baseline in project dashboard;
• Assisted project director to deal with project purchase requests, purchase order, vendor contracts/agreements, etc.;
Leaving reason: I got a challenging opportunity from DHL.
Project Manager 2006/08 ~ 2008/04
InBetween Business Solution Limited (Web Software Industry) Shanghai, China
For Retail BI (Business Intelligence) Development Project with $2M budget.
• Accountable for web based BI (Business Intelligence) software development project from beginning to delivery;
• Set up and tracked project schedule, milestones and validated project phase deliverables for engineering team;
• Interpreted business requirements to R&D team and presented the BI product Demo/release to customers;
Leaving reason: The Retail BI project was finished, and I got an opportunity from Thales.
Project Lead 2002/08 ~ 2006/05
Perfisans Networks Corporation (Semiconductor industry) Toronto, Canada
For data storage device development project.
• Responsible for network storage development project based on hardware, software and PCI/ATA protocol;
• Managed software development, test, deployment and maintenance processes;
• Organized project meetings to review and resolve all kinds of issues/conflicts;
Leaving reason: I got married and settled my family in China.
Senior Software Engineer 2001/03 ~ 2002/04
HighPoint Technologies, Inc. (Semiconductor industry) Nanjing, China
• Developed data storage (RAID Controller) device driver;
Leaving reason: I immigrated to Canada.
Software Engineer 1998/04 ~ 2001/03
NJWINS Technologies Inc. (IT Software industry) Nanjing, China
• Developed the ERP/MRP software system;
Leaving reason: I got an opportunity from HighPoint.
Electronics Engineer 1995/07 ~ 1998/03
KC Research Inc. (Semiconductor industry) Nanjing, China
• Researched and developed intelligent electronic products;
Leaving reason: I got an opportunity from NJWINS.
PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS & CERTIFICATES
• PMP credential (issued by PMI)
• Project Risk Management (Harbourlink Consultant Associates)
• Passport to Program Management (issued by Thales)
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS & KNOWLEDGE
MS Project; JIRA 7.1.2 / Confluence 5.9.5; MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Visio; Slack; Primavera (P6); Waterfall and/or Agile Scrum; SDLC, SaaS/Cloud, BI (Business Intelligence)/Big Data, LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, TCP/IP, PC architecture, Windows/Linux, Data Storage, Web application.
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) 2013 ~ present (Part-Time)
MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Nanjing University 1996 ~ 2000 (Part-Time)
Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Electronics (Certified by World Education Services-WES)
Nanjing University of Science & Technology 1992 ~ 1995 (Full-Time)
College Diploma in Applied Electronics