Fatima Zehra Mecci Phone: 309-***-****
**** ******** **, ****# *** E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
To further my professional career with a Lead Quality Assurance Engineering position in an organization that will challenge me further; while allowing me to contribute to the continued growth and success of the organization.
Master of Science, Electrical Engineering September 2008
Bradley University, Peoria, Illinois
Specialization: Controls and Embedded Systems
Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics & Communications June 2005
AMC Engineering College, Bangalore, India
Programming languages : C#, C, C++, PYTHON
Tools : Selenium, Nunit, Resharper, BitBucket, Jira, Metrowerks CodeWarrior IDE, Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, CAN Tools, Trace32, Rational Clearcase, CADeTWin, FAST, Electronic Technician, LENS, SIMATIC WinCC flexible Micro, STEP 7- MICRO/WIN, Shell
Office Tools : Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
Hardware : Usage of Multimeters, Digital Oscilloscope, Frequency Generator,, Spectrum Analyzer, CANalyser, Lauterbach.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
Employer : Relativity September 2013 to present
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
• Lead the effort to identify and resolve software inconsistencies, ambiguities and defects during the design and implementation phase of software building.
• Drive bug prioritization and work cross-functionally with engineering/design
• Constantly communicate with team members to make sure all the areas of a feature and functionality are well covered before the software is sent out to a customer.
• Design, code, and document automated test cases within a defined framework to assure the quality. ( C#, Python are some languages used for design and test phase )
• Carry out root cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are happening in the right way.
• Take leadership in working with team for identifying areas of improvement and fixing the process for better product deliverable.
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
• Use of Jira for day to day story and defect tracking
• On day to day basis follow principles such as TDD and ATDD to ensure better quality product.
• Assure automated regression test cases are integrated and passing in a nightly build process.
• Practice Agile methodology on day to day basis for software development work.
Employer : Caterpillar, Inc. November 2008 to September 2013
Job Title: System Integration Engineer
Responsible for developing engine application software features on embedded electronic controls for the Commercial Engines section of Caterpillar Electronics. Specific job duties include:
•Work with Caterpillar Business Units to determine feature requirements for commercial engines.
• Design and develop code based on customer requirements.
•Identify and resolve software inconsistencies, ambiguities and defects during the design and implementation phase of software building.
•Determine how added features impact the engine electronics and develop software and electronic system specifications in order to achieve the proposed implementation.
•Write regression test cases and translate the test cases to automate and test the feature at unit level and also at system level.
• Run automated test plans to verify the results( STAR automation Tool). Do on-target debugging and provide logs at code level using tools like TRACE32 to ensure the quality of the software.
• Run these test cases for every integrated feature and every software build.
•Initial debug and classification of test failures using ODC( Orthogonal Defect Classification), to perform root cause analysis and fix targeted issues.
•Create Python scripts to analyze test results to allow quick indication of pass/fail results.
•Interact with different layers and groups that lie below application layer to understand code and design implementations to better integrate overall system.
• Document the software changes, new design improvements, SRS (specifications) and test results on day to day basis.
•Identify defects using root cause analysis and investigate and fix issues reported from the field.
Additional Leadership Role at Caterpillar: Velocity Champion May 2012 to September 2013
Led Caterpillar Commercial Engines section as the “Velocity Champion”. The goal is to identify problem areas and help improve existing processes to increase team efficiency. Specific job role include
•Facilitate Agile Retrospective Process Improvement meetings on biweekly basis for the section members.
•Based on selection process pick top two processes that need to fixed and run Agile projects to address issue areas.
•Follow up on project status, record the results and publish the process changes to the section members.
Employer : Siemens Ltd. Automation & Drives Division January 2005 to June 2005
Job Title: Intern
Designed a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) for the real time monitoring of a buildings automation system. This was a two part real-time project implemented at Siemens Ltd. using Micro PLC SIMATIC S7-200 programmed with STEP 7-MICRO/WIN. The project was tested and implemented as a Human Machine Interface (HMI) between the operator and SIMATIC WinCC flexible Micro.
•Part 1: Automation of the diesel generator at the facility. Allowed the generator to take over the main supply automatically in case of a power failure.
•Part 2: Automation of the lighting system resulting in power savings by controlling unnecessary usage after working hours.
•Received Green Belt certification while working on the Caterpillar Commercial Engines Black Belt Project.