+1-312-***-**** email@example.com 225 S. Racine Ave #2S, Chicago, IL EDUCATION:
Master of Science, Electrical Engineering August 2016- May 2018 University of Illinois - Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Electrical Engineering August 2012-May 2016 Anna University – Chennai, INDIA
Coursework: Analysis and Design of Power Electronics Circuits, Advanced Power Electronics Design, Power systems Advanced Semiconductor physics, Nano electronics, Microelectromechanical systems, Mechatronics, Robotics control. SKILLS:
Programming languages: C, C++, Arduino IDE, SQL.
Design tools: AutoCAD, Revit, LTSpice, Pspice, Simplis, SABER. Simulation packages: MATLAB/Simulink, Silvaco TCAD, LabVIEW. Electrical/Electronic testing: Oscilloscopes, function generators, multimeters, Characterizer, Solder Guns. Others: Microsoft office tools, MS SharePoint, MS Server, MS Visio,Adobe Creative Suite. Areas of interest: Electrical Circuit design and layout, Power electronics and systems, Renewable energy. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Graduate IT Assistant – UIC Department of Pharmacology May 2017-Present
• Administered and provided support to the entire department’s computer network.
• Planned and executed various basic and higher-level projects and documentation of the executed activities.
• Managed various medical equipment like imagers, qPCR, incubators, centrifuges etc., and their interface on both hardware and software level.
• Deployment, Test and maintenance of high volume of new technologies and getting familiarized with them.
• Assistance is general office works, delivery and purchase of products, field/site inspection. Retail Sales Associate – UIC Tech Center (Apple authorized Store) September 2016-September 2017
• Interact with Customers to find their needs and work with them to create trust and give them a satisfactory experience by providing apt products/solutions.
• Study and research about various new technologies in the market to stay updated and to create reports regularly to provide better suggestions in managing the store.
• Planned and organized various events and projects to improve sales by various marketing techniques. In Plant Trainee - Tamil Nadu electricity regulatory Commission November 2014 – January 2015
• Help with transformer and rectifier design for 110KV/33KV/11KV/6.6KV for power conversion on the distribution side along with assistance in generation side.
• Assistance to restore power on many occasions after power failure and maintenance of system by performing load flow, short circuit, arc flash studies and fault analysis
• Design and analysis of single line diagrams for the substation based on grid separated areas.
• Modification and replacement of existing protective equipment with new ones meeting current requirements. Power Plant Engineer Intern – JSW energy Ltd. May 2014-August 2014
• Understand and document the design and working of generation side transmission systems(110KV/66KV).
• Involved study of generator and turbines to improve the efficiency of the 300MW coal-based power plant.
• Assisted the support team during the yearly shutdown maintenance to service various equipment.
• Electromechanical design for motor drives and turbines and create reports for assessing data on a weekly basis. Editor in Chief – EEE department student chapter August 2014- February 2016
• Managed the editorial team for the release of monthly magazine ELECTRAGYAN (over 500 subscriptions).
• Created detailed reports of events happening in the field based on the obtained data and statistics. PROJECTS:
Enhanced power sharing for non-conventional energy sources Tools: Simulink, SilvacoTCAD
• Solar cell and wind turbine are used as energy sources after analysis of the problem present in the market.
• Design of Buck Boost converter circuit with both power and closed loop control stage.
• Coupled along with DC micro grid, achieved stable and consistent supply despite the intermittent supply nature of renewable energy sources.
• Field/site exploration to obtain geographical data for various remote places to implement this project. Design of 200 W isolated GaN MOSFET based full bridge converter Tools: Simulink, SABERSKETCH
• Achieved a peak efficiency of 97.2% after computing the switching and conduction losses for the circuit.
• Implemented closed loop control using a PD compensator to achieve desired output of 12 V.
• Gate driver designs for selected GaN MOSFET’s and studied their implications Soft Switching Dual Active Bridge Converter Tools: LTSpice, MATLAB, SABER
• System simulation for load variation from 60W to 400W for 50khz frequency to achieve efficiency of 98.54%.
• Implementation of soft switching in all the SiC based MOSFET’s adjusting deadtime and transformer ratio.
• Addition of a single-phase inverter with a filter to obtain to obtain maximum output AC voltage. High frequency transformer isolated CUK regulator with closed loop control Tools: MATLAB, SABER
• Achieved peak efficiency of 95.8% using a lower forward voltage device.
• Evaluated switching, conduction loss for the whole circuit; Selected GaN MOSFET’s based on loss parameters.
• A Snubber circuit was designed to prevent over voltages due to transformer leakage inductance.
• Used two CUK converter modules to obtain sinusoidal output voltage. Buck regulator design with Voltage mode control Tools: MATLAB, LTSpice
• Designed a buck regulator achieving peak efficiency of 97.2%.
• Analyzed the impact of poles and zeros in the frequency analysis by scripting in MATLAB.
• Modelled a Type III compensator for the closed loop voltage control achieving crossover frequency of 1khz. Design and testing of digital and Analog PID controller Tools: MATLAB, Simulink, Arduino IDE
• Designed PID control to check the response of sine & square wave input using Arduino UNO micro-controller.
• Designed and tested PID controller using traditional hardware and tested it to find response of various signals. MEMS Thermal Actuators by SOI process Tools: L- Edit, SEM
• Design of latching heatuators with variations in anchor and chevron actuators with changes in buckle beam size.
• Performed the fabrication, exposure and etching process on 5cm x 5cm silicon wafer in a class 100 clean room. Optimal controller design for autonomous small-scale helicopter
• Research project where the kinematics and controller were designed for stationary and trajectory control.
• Linear quadratic control was implemented along with adapting a Kalman filter into the system. CERTIFICATIONS:
• MS OFFICE Specialist, Certified by Microsoft. May 2014
• Technology Associate, Certified by Microsoft. May 2014
• Retail Sales Specialist, Certified By Apple. September 2017
• LEED Green Associate, Certified by USGBC. Expected-April 2018
• Engineer in Training (EIT) / FE, Certified by NCEES. Expected-June 2018