E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ~ Phone: 323-***-****
Employee Relations Onboard/Offboard Process Implementation Employee & Management Coaching Training and Development Compliance Performance Management Investigations HRIS Administration PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
HR & Strategy Consultant, Bay Area, California February 2017 – January 2018 Provided HR support to drive functional excellence in areas of general policy, employee relations, performance management, and process implementation. These experiences included work in the following industries: startups, tech & non-profits.
• Developed streamlined onboarding/offboarding process to drive a positive employee experience.
• Partnered with internal/external clients to conduct training’s, develop & implement process, and improve data integrity.
• Interpreted and delivered HR best practices for staff, and clients developing HR policies in collaboration with management.
• Provided coaching, guidance and conflict management. Conduct investigations and research employee complaints, partnering with legal as needed.
• Initiated data audits based on organizational needs to ensure compliance.
• Researched and provided recommendations on a variety of HR management strategies for achievement of change process in compensation, performance management, staff development, and employee engagement. LinkedIn, San Francisco, California
Recruiting Coordinator / Recruiter (Contractor) January 2016 – September 2016 Brand ambassador provided the best on plant customer service experience for both internal and external clients.
• Coordinated the recruiting process, including sourcing, scheduling phone/onsite interviews, and organizing travel.
• Elevated the candidate experience by adopting our “Members First” company value.
• Partnered with hiring managers to provide guidance, expertise, and talent advising to hire the best talent for the team.
• Designed, edited, and updated online resource content for Coordination wiki.
• Created and launched two pilot programs focused on bridging the gap between RCs, Recruiters, and Hiring Managers to develop stronger cross partnerships. Contributed to various recruiting projects as needed. Tiffany & Co, San Diego, California
HR Coordinator (Contractor) August 2015 – December 2015 Partnered with clients across the Central, Northwest, Pacific, and Southwest market to attract talent, assess seasonal headcount, and deliver offers.
• Responded to all U.S Retail employee service requests.
• Responsible for the onboard/off-board of seasonal workforce (276 employees ).
• Created requisitions, screened candidates, conducted phone & onsite interviews.
• Negotiated offers, initiated pre-employment process (drug test and background check), rescinded employment offers when necessary, and input new hires into HRIS system.
Whelan Security, Houston, Texas June 2012 – January 2015 HR Generalist, (October 2013 – January 2015)
Partnered with clients on all key people processes (onboarding, development & performance, training, benefits, etc).
• Provided HR support for client group of 700 employees (FT/PT exempt & nonexempt).
• Partnered with leadership to rewrite the employee handbook including code of conduct, disciplinary process, FMLA, and benefit administration.
• Co-developed and rolled out company’s first structured employee review program.
• Investigated and addressed all employee questions, concerns, or complaints in a confidential and timely manner. Regained employees' confidence in management by handling each matter with a serious and high sense of urgency.
• Provided coaching to managers resolving performance, discipline, and other work related issues streamlining the process across all work sites.
• Created and implemented employee performance plans, tracked improvements, supported managers in proper documentation. Continually was a resource to managers providing excellent customer service as well as valuable and consistent feedback.
• Conducted all employee disciplinary and termination meetings. Aided in decreased flash quit occurrences being transparent, honest, and upholding company values throughout each session.
• Oversaw all employee safety tracking (OSHA), worker's compensation, and unemployment claims management. Built strategic relationships with all 3rd party partners creating a more fluid process for employee and HR team.
• Analyzed data/metric trends resulting in the development of several programs, and additional trainings (CPR certifications, career growth track program, onsite seminars).
• Created and fostered a positive work environment, boosted employee moral by administering polices fairly and consistent.
• Maintained confidentiality of all employees' records, ensured all necessary documentation was complete and up to date. Recruiter, (June 2012 – January 2015)
Developed and implemented all recruitment activities for all job openings within the company, heavy emphasis on recruiting.
• Managed the full cycle requisition process. Responsible for the staffing needs of existing clients as well as start-ups and updated and revised company job descriptions.
• Increased employee retention 23% by adhering to a selective recruiting process.
• Impacted applicant pipeline by 47% through external partnerships.
• Oversaw the new hire process, drafting offer letters, background verification, and pre –employment drug test.
• Responsible for successful completion of the full on-boarding & off-boarding cycle process.
• Responsible for assisting all employees with HR questions concerning benefits, payroll, vacation, and licensing, researching each question thoroughly and following up timely and accurate.
• Coordinated and performed training and compliance with state guard licensing guidelines. Ran monthly audits to ensure the company is in compliance with all applicable state and federal employment rules and regulations for all security officers. Stayed up to date with multi-state regulations regarding security guard licensing requirements.
• Served as the primary liaison between the various HR departments. Provided additional HR support to HR Managers as necessary.
Ray & Associates, Los Angeles, California
Assistant to President/CEO June 2009- May 2012
Provided direct support to President/CEO of an established tax office.
• Demonstrated the ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with potential clients as well as existing ones providing excellent customer service.
• Managed the Presidents/CEO calendar, scheduling appointments and coordinating travel.
• Assisted with all confidential matters affecting the company while adhering to strict practices and procedures set in place.
• Created, drafted and composed correspondence sent out to all clients. DocuLynx, Los Angeles, California
Project Supervisor/HR Administrator January 2010- June 2011 Lead a team of 42 responsible for all prep, scan, image capture, and index of legal documents to business needs in a multimedia of delivery format.
• Effectively communicated with team by delegating various task and responsibilities to get work done through others.
• Conducted onsite interviews with prospective candidates.
• Coordinated background screens, education verifications and conducts reference checks on candidates.
• Responsible for processing of all new hires, and ensuring the completion of all new hire paperwork.
• Conducted all new employee orientation/training.
• Appointed as the sites primary point of contact for all employee relations concerning payroll, HR policy & procedure, compensation, benefits, and other California labor laws. EDUCATION
Bachelors of Art, Psychology, California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) 2008 AFFILIATIONS
Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) Local Chapter, HR Houston 2013 - 2015