**** ********* **** *****, ******, TX 77379, Cell: 832-***-****, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Mechanical Engineer with 24 years of product design and development experiences. Possesses strong background in downhole drilling tool design and application, including design optimization utilizing CFD, and Finite Element simulations.
• Product design and development
• Downhole Rotary Steerable Tool design
• Magnetic Resonance Tool Design
• Fixed cutter PDC drill bit design and development
• Specialty drill bits such as Ream While Drilling (RWD) and Coring Bit design
• Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation with ANSYS-Fluent
• Thermal and Structural Analysis with ANSYS products PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Halliburton Inc, Houston, TX
Nov 2005 – Jan 2018
R&D Mechanical Engineering Advisor, Sperry Drilling Services
• Designed and developed mechanical packaging solutions for electronic components in next generation push the bit rotary steerable tools. Electronic sections housed the rectifier, inverter, housekeeping power supply, capacitor bank, bus bar, Gamma sensors etc.
• Performed thermal simulations to optimize electronics housing designs to achieve efficient dissipation of heat into the drilling fluid. Maximum temperature rise of electronics components were maintained to be less than 25-degree C to survive downhole drilling environment.
• Supervised thermal and structural simulation studies performed by third party vendors and analyzed results to identify optimum design options.
• Performed lab tests such as shock, vibration, pressure verification etc. on various modules of rotary steerable and downhole imaging tools.
• Identified and documented efficient assembly methods of downhole tools that are used in prototype and production assembly floors.
• Liaised with in-house and third-party material testing labs to analyze and qualify various elastomers for optimum packaging of rotary steerable and imaging tools.
• Worked closely with vendors to design and build component parts, 3D printed test parts and to procure prototype machined parts.
Product Development Engineer – Halliburton Drill Bits & Services, Woodlands, TX
• Developed and implemented hydraulic optimization process utilizing CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) methods for fixed cutter drill bit designs.
• Participated in cross functional teams of design and field engineers to evaluate dull bits and performed CFD simulations to identify areas of design improvements.
• Participated as a core member of downhole reaming tool development team and provided design improvement recommendations utilizing CFD simulation results.
• Developed a drilling mud shearing equipment in collaborations with a cross functional group consisting of design, manufacturing and operations personnel, and was granted a US patent
(US9476270 B2) for the Intellectual Property.
Hughes Christensen, Baker Hughes, Woodlands, TX
Mar 1995-Nov 2005
Engineering Supervisor – Analysis Team
• Lead a team of Engineers that performed CFD simulations on various fixed cutter drill bit designs to identify design improvements to achieve optimum hydraulic layout.
• Performed Finite element analyses to ensure structural integrity of drill bit designs that resulted in increased durability of the products.
• Participated in dull bit evaluations and did comparative analyses with the simulation results to provide design improvement feedbacks to design engineers. Product Engineer – RWD tools and Coring Bits
• Product Engineer for RWD- Ream While Drilling and Coring bit product lines.
• Designed and developed new products and performed design enhancements of existing product offerings.
• Performed as the primary point of contact for all aspects of product design, evaluation, manufacturing, field and customer support issues.
Product Design Engineer – PDC Drill Bits
• Designed and developed fixed cutter PDC drill bit product line.
• Participated as a core member of cross functional teams comprising of designers, field, region and test engineers to design and develop application specific products.
• Provided engineering support to round-the-clock manufacturing teams to ensure meeting of on- time production targets.
• Liaised with field and product evaluation engineers to identify areas of improvements with regards to design and manufacturing.
• Mentored new-hires in areas of design, manufacturing, dull bit evaluations, and product improvements to bring them up to speed in the shortest amount of time. Hutchison-Hayes Inc., Houston, TX
Mar 1993-Mar 1995
• Designed parts for Centrifuge and various Separator units for applications in oilfield and dairy industries.
• Reverse-engineered OEM components utilizing Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM), and generated part and assembly drawings.
• Provided manufacturing support and supervised machining and fabrication of the parts and assembly.
• Conducted training classes for field and sales personnel to increase their technical application skills.
• M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX May 1993
• B.Sc., Mechanical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Eng. & Technology Dec 1990 Publications / Recognitions
• US Patent – High energy in-line hydraulic shearing unit for oilfield drilling fluids (US9476270 B2)
• MVP - Most Value-added Performer - 2006, Halliburton Drill Bits & Services- for implementing Design Optimization process utilizing CFD methods
• MVP – Most Value-added Performer - 2016, Sperry Drilling Services, Halliburton- for contributions in the Next Gen Rotary Steerable project