***N Claremont St., San Mateo, California – 94401
682-***-**** • email@example.com • www.linkedin.com/in/tabreznadvi Areas of Expertise
• Award winning UAV Structural Designer. Experience in Rapid Prototyping of robotic structures (3D P, CNC)
• Programmer for Flight Mechanics, Guidance and Control. Practical knowledge in Automation. (MATLAB, Simulink)
• Expertise modelling with CAD (CATIA, SolidWorks, Pro-E, AutoCAD) and Structural Analysis with FEA (ANSYS, ACP)
• Knowledge in Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), PLM (Windchill, Arena)
• Hands-on experience in Lean manufacturing operations, Design for manufacture and assembly (DFMA) and QA
• Strong understanding of Composite Lamination Theory. Proficient in structural analysis of Composite Structures (Ansys Composite Pre)
• Specialist in Technician skills (Soldering, Power tools, scratch building, machining, foundry, forging, molding, welding) Education
Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering (2017), University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas GPA: 3.3 Bachelor of Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering (2015), Visvesvaraya Technological University, India GPA: 3.8 Professional Experience
Prenav Inc., Redwood City, California, United States. Mechanical Design Engineer (UAS) – (07/2017 – present)
• Design and Analysis of Airframe components (CAD and FEA). Integrated Electro-Mechanical component designs.
• Rapid Prototyping and Fabrication (3D printing, machining, milling parts). Conducted inspections for Quality Assurance
• Designed Assembly line by DFA to speed up processes (jig designs). Coordinated with cross functional teams.
• Created and maintained Bill of Materials (BOM) and Engineering Change Requests (ECR)
• Drone Piloting (test-flying aircraft for FMEA and customer demonstrations), FAA Part107 Licensed Saikei Engineered Composites, Design Engineer – Composite structures (Remote - part time) – (6/2015 – 6/2017)
• Led a team to design (CAD) and produce composite / metal structures for complex ultralight Aircraft frames.
• Awarded Best Designer in 2017 for completing 20+ complex design projects across a 2-year span. ACS College of Engineering, Bangalore, India. Aerospace Engineer (Part time) – (8/2011 – 6/2015)
• Mentored, motivated, and directed a team to develop and design composite structures for radio-controlled (RC) aircraft.
• Computed programs for the Autopilot Control Systems and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamic) analysis.
• Increased design and assembly line speed. Provided RC aircraft fabrication and Quality Control support.
• Professional RC Pilot. Team won several National Level Aeromodelling competitions (e.g. Boeing-Indian, IIT) Project Experience
• Design and FEA Analysis of Fiber Reinforced Composites Beams (Tools: MATLAB, COSMOS, Excel, ANSYS, ACP) Developed MATLAB / Excel stress analysis program to calculate structural properties for Composite Beams. Modelled the beams, performed FEA. Made a comparison study of the theoretical and FEA model stress dossier calculations
• FEA Analysis of Wind Turbine Blade Design (Tools: CATIA V5, ANSYS FLUENT, ANSYS MECHANICAL, ACP) Simulated aerodynamic pressure loads on wind turbine blade using ANSYS FLUENT solver. Determined stresses by passing the loads calculated in FLUENT into ANSYS MECHANICAL. Determined the failure criterion
• Fabrication, FEA stress Analysis and NDT of Fiber Reinforced Composite Laminates. (Tools: SolidWorks, Pro-E) Made a comparison study of the theoretical vs FEA model vs Practical stress dossier calculations. Introduced Defects and repeated the same comparison. Carried out NDT operations like Ultrasonic, Radiography ND testing
• Structural Design of a foldable airframe mechanism of VTOL aircraft (Tools: Solid Edge, ANSYS, Windchill, PLM) Prototyped a foldable frame for a Tricopter aircraft. Executed FEA to check for failure and design reiterations. With help DFMA designed an assembly line to speed up the production time by 50% Portfolio