Maneepailin Sriuthenchai (Lin), LLM
firstname.lastname@example.org 917-***-**** linkedin.com/in/maneepailin New York, NY 10006 OBJECTIVE: JUNIOR PARALEGAL/LEGAL ASSISTANT
A graduate of top-tier law schools with experience in legal research and writing, utilizing legal research databases and tools on Westlaw, LexisNexis, and Bloomberg Law, using Bluebook citations, word processing, reviewing and revising contracts, developing and maintaining a filing system, assisting in the preparation of conference reports, maintaining contact lists, organizing and scheduling appointments, and providing general support.
Seeking opportunities to support lawyers by conducting legal research, investigate the facts of a case, maintaining and organizing documents in a paper or electronic filing systems, assist with accounting and billing, and implementing and improving upon administrative processes for more efficient workflow. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Avon Global Center for Women & Justice at Cornell Law School Ithaca, NY (Sep 2014 - May 2015) An interdisciplinary law school center working at the intersection of women, justice, the economy and technology. Research Associate: Collaborated on c linical projects, conducting legal research for domestic and international judges, assisted in setting up thought leadership events, and maintaining an online repository of resources relating to gender justice.
● Researched and drafted legal memoranda on a clinical project, collaborated with the LGBT Clinic, on the topic of how the U.N. Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW Committee) would likely deal with a Communication brought to it challenging the criminalization of female homosexual conduct
● Summarized Thai case law on women’s rights and compiled and maintained them on the Center’s database
● Participated as a Rapporteur at the 2015 Women and Justice Conference in Washington D.C., set up the venue, and assisted in the preparation of conference reports
Chandler & Thong-ek Law Offices B angkok, THAILAND (Mar 2010 - May 2010) A leading law firm specializes in banking and finance, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, securities, dispute resolution, restructuring and insolvency, tax and regulatory law – with a focus on complex, cross-border, international business transactions. Summer Associate: Collaborated with senior lawyers to gain experience in each department of the firm and gain hands-on knowledge and experience on different legal topics.
● Researched and drafted legal memoranda, primarily on corporate and administrative law
● Reviewed and revised agreements relating to mergers and acquisitions EDUCATION
LLM (Masters of Law) (July 2014) University of California - Berkeley B erkeley, CA GPA n/a LLM (Masters of Law) (May 2014) Cornell University I thaca, NY GPA n/a LLB (Bachelors of Law) (May 2011) Thammasat University B angkok, THAILAND GPA 3.87/4.00 TECHNICAL SKILLS
Legal research, legal writing, Bluebook citations, Westlaw, LexisNexis, Bloomberg Law, data management, organization, keen attention to detail, computer, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, communication ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE
Trayer Solutions LLC N ew York, NY (Oct 2015 - Dec 2015) Assistant Freight Broker
● Prepared and processed documents for transportation of goods
● Monitored status of the freights (e.g. loading, moving, off-loading, delays) and notified customers of the updated status
● Administered and managed appointments with loading and off-loading facilities
● Developed internal database system
Translator-Interpreter Program at Cornell University Ithaca, NY (Oct 2013 - Jul 2015) Volunteer Translator/Interpreter
● Provided English to Thai and Thai to English translation or interpretation in person Cornell University’s Survey Research Institute I thaca, NY (Dec 2013 - Feb 2014) Student Translation Assistant (English - Thai)
● Proof-read translations from English to Thai on a web-based survey project