Richard A. Archbold
**** ** ** **, #**, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33311 Available for Relocation Anywhere!
firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 551-***-****
August 2010 – April 2016
•Handled all aspects of running a nationwide license leasing operation including accounting,
title work and paperwork involved in regulated sales documentation.
• Hired new representatives.
•Trained all new representatives on proven car selling skills.
•Placed ads to recruit new sales representatives.
Swim N’ Sport – Doral, FL
January 2008 – January 2009
• Oversee the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of a range of goods.
• Responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process.
• Managed 6 employees.
• Ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately and productivity targets were met.
•Attended weekly Head meetings.
•Ensure all stores were supplied biweekly with toiletries and office supplies.
Candle Factory Co. - Hialeah Gardens, FL
October 1999 – December 2007
• Responsible for receiving purchase orders, picking/packing of products, and shipping of sales orders.
• Ensure that orders shipped on time to the appropriate destinations and in the expected quantities with a minimum of error.
• Perform daily inventory cycle count as well as perform weekly physical inventory on all items.
• Prepare and submit AWB and BOL as well as process documents through UPS and FedEx computerized software.
• Process all administrative documents including reconciliation of freight invoices.
• Overall maintenance of warehouse and facility.
• Oversee those who buy, inspect, and grade merchandise.
• Develop and implement purchasing policies, procedures, and guidelines and establish buying limits.
• Select and order merchandise utilizing knowledge of various articles of commerce and experience as buyer.
• Participate in Request for Quotations bidding and selection process.
• Provide department budget recommendations and establish controls to assure optimum deployment of resources.
• Plan, develop, and direct the activities of the acquisition of goods and services.
• Update and publish website (Webmaster).
Consolidated Cigar Corp. - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Earl Helgesen 888-***-****
May 1997 - October 1999
• Participate in contract negotiations and vendor selection.
• Expedite orders to assure timely deliveries to plants in Mexico, Brazil, Jamaica, P.R., Dominican Republic and U.S.A.
• Coordinate with Plant Managers adequate supply of materials for smooth production and handle logistics.
• Maintain Budget, Capital Equipment purchases and Project Management.
• Supply chain purchasing.
Perfumania Inc. – Medley, FL - Benny Shuflita 866-***-****
October 1994 - November 1996
• Manage activities of buyers and staff engaged in purchasing and distributing materials and supplies for 250 stores.
• Manage first level supervisors and clerical staff reporting to me.
• Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future availability and prepare market analysis reports.
• Keeps informed of economic, industrial and other trends that affect markets, prices, and delivery conditions.
• Review and monitor requisitions, supply sources, supplies, quotations and terms.
• Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
Page 1 of 2
• Monitor performance and capabilities of vendors to ensure maintenance of delivery, quality, and price commitments.
• Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
• Hire and train new staff members and supervise and evaluate job performance of purchasing department personnel.
• Act as a liaison in dealings between vendors and user departments when necessary.
• Established MRP system.
• Manage 6 employees including the warehouse Supply Dept.
• Attended weekly Department Head meetings to improve company efficiency.
• Project and construction purchasing.
Inducom Corp./I.I.C. - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Robert Ghitis 954-***-****
September 1993 - October 1994
• Managed 5 personnel.
• Handled all aspects of purchasing from initial receipt of RFQ’s to FCR’s and invoicing.
• Purchasing of industrial products such as HVAC parts and components, electrical and electronic components.
• Expedited orders and negotiated purchases.
Gencor Industries Inc. - Orlando, FL - Roger Beille - 407-***-**** (temporary - 5 month contract)
April 1993 - September 1993
• Purchased Steel Plates, Steel Rods, Electric Motors, office supplies, screws, nuts and bolts.
• Negotiated with wholesalers and OEM's, analyzed quotes, expedited orders and controlled Inventory.
Universal Valve Co. - Elizabeth, NJ - Ray
August 1990 - March 1993
• Reorganized JIT policy and set-up MAPICS computer system.
• Saved over $850,000 through negotiations and sourcing of new suppliers.
• Worked with engineers in new product development.
CVG International - South Plainfield, NJ - Sandra Onoratti
Senior Buyer/Acting Purchasing Agent
March 1987 - August 1990
• Supervised 5 personnel
• Negotiated pricing and researched new international and national suppliers.
• Purchased truck parts, HVAC parts and components, compressors, electrical motors, electrical and electronic parts purchasing.
• Worked directly with engineers to comply with specifications of products.
Turtle & Hughes - Linden, NJ
September 1985 - March 1987
• Negotiate purchases and Inventory control.
• Analyze quotes and expedite electrical components purchases.
People Express Airlines - Elizabeth, NJ
CSR/Computer Operations Supervisor (Work/Study program)
March 1982 - December 1983
• Responsible for computerized telecommunications maintenance (on-line).
• Maintain and distribute traffic reports.
American Community Services, Inc. - Gary, IN - Otis Garrett
Salesman/Assistant Sales Manager
March 1979 - October 1981
• Door-to-door book and magazine sales.
• Train salespersons for door-to-door selling by holding daily sales meetings.
Queens College (CUNY) 1977-78 Bio/Chemistry
Kean University 1982–85 Management Science, Computer Science and Business Law
Fluent in Spanish, Excel, WP, PowerPoint MS Word, IBM MAPICS, EDI, MRP, MRO, AS400, some AutoCAD and read blueprints.
Page 2 of 2