Sherron Marneese Davis, MBA firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced Compliance Manager with 10+ years of experience as well as a profound understanding of Legal and Compliance issues. Proven track record that demonstrates strong initiative, collaborative skills, management expertise, and a deep knowledge of compliance issues. Exceptional follow through with attention to details, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Focused on strategic agendas while managing daily job functions under the high expectations and pressure of tight deadlines. Experience in paralegal duties and keeping the legal department functioning with a track record of making process improvements. Outstanding background in compliance matters with impressive hands-on experience in optimizing business affairs and the proven ability to facilitate solutions that consistently achieve business goals. Enthusiastic leadership skills as well as analytical skills to develop detailed reports.
● Problem Solving – Proven ability to develop both creative and innovative solutions to compliance challenges. Establishes and manages business relationships for change and for improved performance and efficiency.
● Exceptional Interpersonal and Communication Skills – A proven leader with superb communication skills that are augmented with a unique blend of legal and compliance experience to resolve difficult business issues.
● Work Ethic and Professionalism – Solid professional standards and an excellent record of dependability. Maintains focus on achieving bottom line results while ensuring the implementation of new initiatives.
PMI Mortgage Insurance Co. Walnut Creek, CA
Sr. Legal Compliance Manager / Sr. Legal Assistant March 2013 – June 2017
● Collaborated with internal departments for the timely preparation of regulatory documentations for filings.
● Monitored and reviewed incoming correspondence to identify requests for information or action.
● Identified and researched information required to respond to regulatory inquiries or issues, such as consumer or regulatory complaints and/or state compliance requirements. Efficiently identified and maintained records of current regulatory requirements for filings in all relevant jurisdictions.
● Worked with counsel to ensure that the company met all licensing requirements. Gathered corporate materials. Researched laws and regulations required to complete applications and forms for licensing.
● Helped attorney with the filings of forms B, C and F. Provided assistance in the preparation of various contracts and agreements (i.e. vendor contracts, structured transactions, or technology agreements).
● Maintained company complaint logs. Worked with attorney and procurement to ensure all elements of a transaction were included. Evaluated attorneys' correspondence, including: phone calls, email, or hard copy mail for prioritization and/or filing. Responded on attorneys' behalf when requested or appropriate.
● Prepared and filed necessary documents for withdrawal or dissolution of a corporation. Maintained current agent for service of process information in all jurisdictions for the corporation and its subsidiaries.
Sr. Legal Assistant August 2012 – March 2013
● Assisted in the preparation and revision of documents, mailings, and materials (e.g. committee and board materials). Utilized expertise in preparing and editing memos, letters, and meeting minutes.
● Prepared materials, resolutions, and meeting minutes for Board of Directors and Committee meetings binders, completed meeting minutes, and obtained executive approval on documents. Created disclosure schedules and closing binders for mergers/acquisitions as well as sale of the subsidiaries and real estate.
● Regularly reserved flight/room reservations for General Counsel and other members of the legal team through the Concur Travel website.
● Scheduled Board and Committee meetings monthly as well as reserved and set up the meeting rooms. PMI Mortgage Insurance Co. Walnut Creek, CA
CSSR Representative February 2012 – July 2013
● Was responsible for listing documents in communications log; forwarded documents for review by specialist.
● Answered CSSG incoming calls, drafted CSSG CWP (closed without payment) letters for review by legal. Provided leadership in issuing claim status letters to customers and open follow-up if needed.
● Worked calls on billing, technical issues, service issues, and general questions about products and services.
Claims Representative / Claims Processor July 2011 – February 2012
● R eviewed claims received while verifying entries for duplications and entering all claims information.
● Requested documents needed for review. Assigned claims to a specialist for review. Opened proper follow-ups while commenting of the communication log. Helped new co-workers to solve problems. First Collateral Services Inc. Concord, CA
Sr. Default Coordinator July 2001 – December 2008
● Collaborated with the creation of department policy, managed departmental incoming calls, and maintained external contractors. S upervised the C ollections team activities, which included: monitoring phone calls, sending letters to customers, and submitting defaulted loans for foreclosure action.
● Managed and prepared proof of claims and reaffirmation process, and requested relief of automatic stay.
● Monitored stipulated payment if granted by the courts. Provided debt counseling, responded to questions and concerns by phone, maintained monthly status report of all bankruptcy, and analyzed bankruptcy notifications. Charged off debts included in bankruptcy filings on unsecured debt.
● Coordinated with Attorneys for legal action, and closely monitored accounts submitted for legal action.
● Prepared bidding instructions for sale of property, paid legal fees, and maintained monthly status reports.
● Processed Notices of Intent and Forbearance Agreements. Provided reinstatement figures and payoff figures. Followed eviction actions, contacted attorneys for updates and RE Agents for listing BPO, entered current property values into system, and assigned claims to the proper department for review.
● Outsourced and monitored the sale process of REO property, paid outstanding bills (i.e. taxes, water, garbage, etc.), re-keyed, and secured property. Determine if rehabilitation was needed to sell property.
● Reviewed marketing strategy, purchasing contracts, and settlement statement. Processed payoff check and requested final release documents. Maintained monthly status report of all real estate owned.
● Prepared payoffs statements for Title Company. Regularly reviewed documents for prepayment penalties.
University of Phoenix Sacramento, CA
Master's in Business Administration 2018
University of Phoenix Concord, CA
Bachelor's in Criminal Justice 2010
School of Mortgage Banking Chicago, IL
Accreditation in Mortgage Banking 2005
Dickinson-Warren Business College San Pablo, CA
Associate in Paralegal 1991 – 1992
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Pacer, Doc Edge, West Law, LexisNexis, Hot Doc’s, E-mortgage logic, PeopleSoft, Salesforce, Ariba, ABT customer service system, Compare, and SharePoint