Hannah Lyn Magee
** ******* **, ******, ************* 01826-4740
Norwich University Northfield, VT
Bachelor of Science, Biology
• Beta Beta Beta- Biological Honor Society (Active member)
• Academic Recognition Award
• David & Ruth Hollis Scholarship
• Richard & Barbara Keenan Scholarship
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Possesses excellent listening skills while working in a fast paced environment.
• Highly resourceful.
• Enjoys challenging work that involves problem solving and critical thinking.
• Works well under pressure.
LAB SKILLS & TECHNIQUES
• Bacteria culture
• Golgi Staining
• Simple and Fractional distillation
• Writing professional lab reports
• Interpreting/reviewing scientific journals
• Spanish language proficiency: Reading (intermediate), speaking (intermediate), writing (intermediate)
• Public speaking
• Microsoft word
• Microsoft excel
• Microsoft PowerPoint
Childcare Winchester, Mass
Personal Nanny October 2016-present
• Household chores (cleaning kitchen, laundry)
• Picking children up from school/driving to events
• Providing meals and snacks for children
• Passing daily information to parents
United States Post Office Woburn, Mass
Summer Temporary City Carrier Assistant
• Organizing mail routes
• Driving mail truck
• Delivering mail
May 2015 - August 2015
• Weighing food
• Taking orders
May 2014 - May 2015
ACTIVITIES AND LEADERSHIP
• Corps of Cadets
• Guidon Bearer (2012-2013)- marched in front of formations and present at all parades and formations
• Runner (2012-2013)- set up bulletin boards, passed down information, followed direction of superior
• Corporal academic mentor (2012-2013)- met with group of 5 freshman every week to discuss school, corps and activities, providing advice and weekly lessons
• Staff Sergeant (2013-2014)- in charge of twenty-two college freshman. Ran training sessions, made sure they got through freshman year while accustoming them to military lifestyle.
• Mountain Cold Weather Unit S1 (2013-2014)- took accountability for 100+ people three times a week while facilitating and participating in rigorous physical activity including, mountain climbing, first aid, and rappelling.
• Captain for S4 (2014-2015)- Issue all freshmen uniforms and size the freshmen for jackets.
• Norwich University Varsity Swimming and Diving team (Captain) (Michael Zemanek Mental Toughness Award recipient- for GPA, hard work and perseverance) (2014-2016)
• Norwich University Varsity Soccer (Midfield/fullback) (2011) CONFERENCES/SEMINARS
• Presented and wrote a review on Cannabis sativa and its effects as an anticonvulsant in epileptic patients.
• Presented a review on Epilepsy and Neurodegeneration
• Presented a review on Crohn’s Disease
• Tutor special needs children 2007-2011
• Volunteer with cadet mentor program 2014-2015
• Volunteered with retired Greyhounds 2011