Data Center Operations Coordinator - Daimler Truck NA
High Point, NC
MCSE Certified with 10+ years of experience in maintaining large scale Enterprise Data Center environments.
Skilled at working in an operational environment alongside other technical and operational teams in distributed locations ensuring that all parties collaborate effectively to deliver services.
Use ITIL service management framework to deliver best practices. Exposure to disaster and recovery practices.
Experience working with ticketing systems (Service Now)
Representation in Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings
Strong verbal, written communication skills, able to work in highly dynamic and complex environments.
Ability to interact with customers so as to ensure that services are flexible, efficient and responsive
Produces demonstrable results in a business customer facing role, with a track record of delivering services to defined service levels.
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Data Center Operations Coordinator
Daimler Truck NA - High Point, NC
August 2017 to Present
• Provide hardware and software estimates and quotes upon request
• Create and maintain estimator tool for current hardware capacity
• Obtain vendor quotes for new hardware capacity and software licenses as needed
• Communicate updates for request to project Liaison
• Procure hardware and software when quote is approved to order
• Communicate orders in process to shipping and receiving team
• Notify Demand Manager of capacity request and order status
• Plan and reserve space for new hardware capacity
• Maintain ticket queue and update tickets with current status
• Maintain Data Center Management team estimate & quote dashboard with current status
• Maintain all purchase requests, purchase orders, and goods recites information spreadsheet
• Maintain Data Center Management team estimate and quote workflows
• Maintain hardware and software requirements form
• Coordinate documentation of requirements in the requirement form with hardware teams
• Installation of cabinets and racks in the data center
• Plan and coordinate installation of electrical distribution from main service to branch circuit level
• Plan and coordinate installation of hardware into racks within the data center
• Coordinate installation communication cables in the data center
• Facilitate technical support and consulting to projects and remote locations
• Attend project meetings as needed
• Adhere to documentation policies in accordance with standards and best practices IBM CONTRACTOR
American Express Data Centers - Whitsett, NC
August 2015 to July 2017
• Provide 24x7x365 monitoring, including space, power and cooling infrastructure to ensure normal operations. Check power status at site/device, monitor LEDs to identify alarms
• Manage utilization of environmental equipment (UPS, power systems, and Inserted:, backup generators)
• Perform systems preventive maintenance and space, power, cooling capacity planning, forecasting and physical security of Data Center facility and equipment
• Rack, de-rack equipment or decommission hardware, configure network cards, KVM or DRAC / RIB / ILO
• Perform hardware troubleshooting, upgrades, replacements, if required hard reboot for devices
• Monitor Building Management Systems, UPS, Generator, Batteries, Access control, Fire Protection Systems and Environmental
• Enable access to authorized personnel and escort vendors during site visits
• Ship, receive, hardware, unpack, unbox, inspect equipment for physical damage before installation and make necessary arrangements for return of damaged equipmentInserted: d Datacenter Support Engineer
Herbalife - Greensboro, NC
May 2014 to August 2015
• Worked on a team of 15, reporting to Data Center Manager supporting 10K users (or endpoints)
• Handled service support and upgrades, configured, supported servers, O/S support, firmware support, setup blades and enclosures, cabling
• Monitored electrical usage, environmental quality and issued reports to facility management as appropriate.
• Performed troubleshooting and repair of server hardware up to the operating system driver level.
• Provided on-site system support for backup solutions, and issues. Performed tape rotations and participated in tape library maintenance.
• Updated documentation (CMDB) and labeling for server, storage, appliances and related network patching
• Mounted, provisioned and deployed pre-scripted operating systems to servers
• TroubleshootInserted: o
RAID technology and conducted operating system disk management Lead IT Support Engineer
Miller-Coors Brewery - Eden, NC
April 2013 to May 2014
• Along with 5 member team, reported to Manager of Technical Network Services supported 700 users
• Supported server/blades in raised floor Data Center environment
• Monitored, assessed, and reported on network bandwidth and resource utilization.
• Direct ownership of problem resolution, Analyzed and resolved customer problems upon initial contact.
• Hands on System Administrator of Active Directory and Windows.
• Handled project/problem load volume of 75-100 per week, utilized SCCM and ticketing systems for management and tracking
• Built, configured and supported network, servers, PCs, thin client, wireless hardware for onsite and remote locations.
• Direct ownership of customer critical situation management. Executed problem source identification and problem resolution at the client location
• Conducted follow-up calls to customers to assure incident closure. Updated and resolved call records of work performed. Utilized standard processes and escalation procedures as documented.
• Performed special assignments as requested, provided direction to team members as requested.
• Maintained technical awareness of future product releases and technology strategies/trends.
• Provided reports and status to management. Performed root cause analysis and implemented preventative procedures
Senior Support Engineer
MorphoTrak - Albany, NY
October 2010 to April 2012
• Maintained and supported data center operations, LAN/WAN architecture, network monitoring, VPN tunneling, hardware and software support
• Provided technical guidance, networking expertise, and project management on Cisco UCS, Nexus, blade server, hardware and software
• Day-to-day operations of network and hardware support and services impacting over 2200 users statewide
• Provided weekly and monthly reports on activities related to the business unit
• Proposed solutions the exceeded customer expectations by creating additional value and the need for future engagements through implementations that met technical requirements, target maintenance, and budgets.
• Managed staff of 14 engineer on-site and remote locations, simultaneously supporting Biometric Devices for New York State Department of Criminal Justice (NYDCJS)
• Facilitated scheduled rollouts of new equipment throughout New York for various state and federal agencies, such as the FBI, DEA, and the Department of Corrections (DOC).
• Selected, evaluated and deployed new technology. Responsible for vendor relations and equipment.
• Provided support to (NYDCJS) remote offices and administered data and voice network to ensure reliability, accessibility, integrity, speed, and cost efficiency. Sr. Information Technology Specialist II
NYS Insurance Department - Albany, NY
July 2007 to October 2010
Performed technical duties crucial to the operation of the Statewide Data and Networking Services unit, responsible for overall management of the wide area network (WAN) and metropolitan area network (MAN) components of the NYeNet including, planning, installation, and configuration of all Inserted:,
Layer 2 and Layer 3 network switching equipment.
• Monitored functions of the network, installed networks, added users, troubleshot network and issues on routers, switches, VPN's, VOIP
• Planned and implemented solutions to enhance performance, security, scalability, and manageability of the Inserted:,
Project Manager/IT Consultant
NYS Department of Transportation - Albany, NY
February 2000 to October 2007
• Deployed network and operating system upgrades.
• Installed and upgraded of Windows products, supported 3,000 users.
• Provided management support to 20 Network Engineers to ensure timely service was administered.
• Provided comprehensive technology support for clients with Web-server, UNIX large storage devices, such as NetApp 760 and 780 with 500 GB and up
Senior Systems Engineer/Network Manager
BIZNESSONLINE.COM - Albany, NY
May 1999 to December 2000
• Ordered and controlled hardware purchases for the Albany Data Center and other data center facilities throughout the northeast.
• Worked directly with Engineers to build co-location of management services and provided support services for clients.
• Configured and supported a complete Windows network to overlay existing UNIX Network in an ISP environment utilizing Compaq, Proliant and Alpha servers.
• Installed, configured and ongoing administration of hardware and software upgrades for Windows. Performed UNIX support for storage devices.
• Consulted with hardware and software vendors in distributing new products to increase steadfastness, reliability and dependability and speed for the network.
• Installed Windows 2000 Advanced Server to run simultaneously in preparation for rollover
• Provided management with information regarding enhancing support activities.
• Supported end-users on web applications
Service Delivery Manager
DECISION ONE - Purchase, NY
October 1995 to April 1999
• Planned, directed, organized and controlled all the day to day operations. Monitored, and supervised network operations. Coordinated and tracked all hardware equipment operations.
• Managed 50-90 travel-to-site Customer Service Engineers (CSEs), 25 Help Desk Support Technicians.
• Monitored hardware support activities and interfaced with outside vendors for proper support of service delivery processes.
• Maintained inventory levels to meet service delivery requirements and ensuring the proper and timely return of CSEs defective parts.Inserted: the
• Ensured customer retention for assigned geographical client area through efficient scheduling and delivery of services.
• Oversight for cross-training required for CSEs and Help Desk Technicians to maintain up-to-date skills.
• Created and developed the Inserted: the database to track and log help desk trouble calls.
• Configuring management of MS SMS and Netview.
• Implemented new plans and processes, which raised production from 30 to 90 percent. Education
Westchester Community College
Cisco (1 year), Microsoft Windows (1 year), Nexus (1 year), UNIX (9 years), VPN (1 year) Additional Information
Microsoft Windows, Red Hat, UNIX, AIX Operating Systems, VPN, Routers, SSL / Switches, Dell, Compaq / HP Servers, Blades, Network Appliance Storage Devices, Cisco UCS, Nexus