Richfield, OH 44286
330-***-**** - Home
330-***-**** – Cellular
THE OAK PRINTING COMPANY - Strongsville, Ohio
Purchasing and Estimating Manager – June 2017 – November 2017
Estimated production jobs so they could be entered into Radius, Oak’s proprietary order entry system. Estimated potential incoming work to establish pricing that would win the work while maintaining high profit margins.
* Responsible for sourcing and purchasing all materials, supplies, services and repairs that are required to ensure that the plant operates smoothly.
* Utilize the Radius Solutions Scheduling program, which includes live Shop Floor Data Collection, to schedule and track the progression of tasks which allowed me to efficiently manage and assign the work force to tasks.
* Worked with the finance department to reconcile estimate versus actual cost variances, determine the cause and make necessary adjustments to standards to eliminate further variances.
* Supervised one full time and one part time estimator.
Production Manager – May 2009 – June 2017
Manage the production of cut and stack paper labels from scheduling all incoming jobs until the finished materials are passed on to the shipping department. Some of the clients that I manage label production for include; PPG Paints, Sherwin Williams Paints, Great Lakes Brewery, Flying Dog Brewing, Harpoon Brewing, as well as other paint and beverage clients.
* Responsible for managing the production of an average of 70,000,000 beverage and paint labels per month, totaling $8,200,000 in annual sales, while maintaining an accurate and up-to-date schedule of work in progress to help meet customer deadlines by assuring the work moves smoothly.
* Used the Radius Solutions Scheduling program, which includes live Shop Flood Data Collection, to schedule and track the progression of tasks which allowed me to efficiently manage and assign the work force to tasks.
* Manage a total of 31 Union production employees, covered by two different collective bargaining units, in both the press room and finishing with responsibilities for scheduling utilization (hours, vacations and tasks) to keep production flow meet client deadlines. Responsible for handling payroll and all personnel issues, including reviews, hiring and firing of employees and any disciplinary actions that needed to be taken as well as training and mentoring, career development and motivating my team.
* Responsible for the testing, purchase and installation of two pieces of new Polar Mohr high speed finishing equipment, and initiated a Reduction in Force in the effected collective bargaining unit.
* Oversaw the purchase, testing and installation of an Air Motions System LED UV unit and a CMYK Ink Zone Color Management system for Oak’s Mitsubishi 3F press.
* Responsible for sourcing and purchasing all materials, supplies and equipment services and repairs, except for paper, that are required to ensure that the plant operates smoothly.
* Handled the daily operation of the property as a whole. Including the scheduling of service on all mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems, lawn care, snow removal and compliance with Federal, State and local agencies to assure their regulations are maintained.
* Maintain the duties of the beverage client prepress coordinator and back up estimator while still handling the duties of the Production Manager.
* Act as the in-house regulatory expert for beverage labels, keeping up to date with current Federal Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms requirements and advising clients if their beverage labels will not meet those specifications.
Estimator – March 2006 – May 2009
Estimated production jobs so they could be entered into Pecas, Oak’s proprietary order entry system. Estimated potential incoming work to establish pricing that would win the work while maintaining high profit margins.
HKM DIRECT MARKET COMMUNICATIONS - Cleveland, Ohio
Estimator – February 2000 – December 2005
Estimated printing, mailing and fulfillment jobs to determine the most cost effective way to execute the work and enable HKM to win more jobs at a higher profit margin.
* Coordinated with outside suppliers to receive the best pricing on paper & finishing services allowing HKM to provide competitive pricing.
* Worked with the Billing Department to evaluate the estimate to actual variance on completed jobs in order to determine if they could have been completed in a more profitable manner.
* Served on the Safety and Emergency Response Team to monitor plant safety and OSHA compliance.
CARPENTER RESERVE PRINTING - Cleveland, Ohio
Purchasing & Estimating Manager - February 1996 – February 2000
Purchased materials and services required to complete client jobs in the most cost effective manner. Estimated incoming jobs, as well as those in process, to determine actual and accurate costs in order to render quotations to customers. Supervised two full time estimators.
THE EMERSON COMPANIES - Cleveland, Ohio
Purchasing & Estimating Manager - January 1990 -February 1996
Purchased required materials, supplies and services to maintain daily operation of a $14,400,000 graphic arts production company. Oversaw the daily operations of the Estimating department.
* Achieved a $1,200,000 reduction in overall purchases for the calendar year 1995 versus 1994.
* Supervised a staff of 3 full time estimators and 1 part-time clerical employee.
COPCO PAPERS - Cleveland, Ohio
Outside Sales Representative - March 1988 - January 1990
THE ARCIAR COMPANY - Lancaster, Ohio
Graphic Artist/In-Plant Printing Equipment Operator - July 1986 - March 1988
Ohio University, Athens Ohio
Bachelor of Fine Arts - Graphic Design