Jessica Price, PA-S
Gurnee, IL, 60031
To utilize my PA education, athletic experience, previous studies in sports psychology, and ability to empathize to enhance the lives of active individuals and those with orthopedic complaints. EDUCATION
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI Anticipated graduation May 2018 Master of Physician Assistant Studies
Capstone title: The Impact of Repetitive Purposeful Heading on Cognitive Function in Soccer Players Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL December 2012 Masters of Science, Sports Psychology
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL April 2011 Bachelor of Science, Sport Management
BLS, Expires December 2018
ACLS, Expires January 2019
Geriatrics, Capitol Lakes Health Center June 2017
Electrophysiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison Hospital July 2017
• Gained experience with ECG interpretation
Family Medicine, Delton Family Medical Center August-October 2017
• Gained experience with common family medicine musculoskeletal complaints
• Performed musculoskeletal physical exams, casting, splinting, and joint injections Emergency Medicine, Aurora Memorial Hospital of Burlington October-December 2017
• Gained experience with common emergency medicine musculoskeletal complaints
• Gained experience in interpretation of musculoskeletal imaging General Surgery, Aurora Memorial Hospital of Burlington January 2018
• Gained experience with common closure techniques in general surgery
• Gained experience with surgical assisting
• Gained experience with surgical wound care
Orthopedic Surgery, Illinois Bone and Joint Institute February 2018
• Gained experience with total hip and knee replacements
• Gained experience in management of osteoarthritis Sports Medicine, Illinois Bone and Joint Institute March 2018 Sports Medicine, Detroit Medical Center May 2018
Medical Assistant February 2015 – March 2016
Derick Dermatology, Barrington, IL
• Served as a key member of the clinical healthcare team for a busy dermatology practice. Assisted seven MDs as well as 3 Physician Assistants and 2 Nurse Practitioners in ensuring optimal patient care and smooth daily functioning of the office.
• Collected patient blood samples in a safe and sanitary matter for diagnostic testing.
• Collected and recorded patient histories and provider’s plans.
• Assisted doctors, PAs and FNPs with in-office procedures.
• Maintained strict quality control in laboratory. Assistant Women’s Soccer Coach September 2014 – May 2016 Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL
• Assisted in coaching and development of approximately 35 female soccer players.
• Helped develop and implement soccer practice plans specifically for attacking players.
• Provided individual sessions to enhance ball control skills. Recruiting Coach June 2013 – July 2014
NCSA Athletic Recruiting, Chicago, IL
• Counseled student athletes throughout the different stages of the recruiting process.
• Answered recruiting questions regarding all sports via phone and email. Guest Services Representative February 2013 – May 2013 Marriott Courtyard Capital, Tallahassee, FL
• Contributed to the overall success of the hotel by understanding guests’ needs and responding promptly and positively to them.
Team Member and Leader August 2007 -December 2012
Florida State University Women’s Soccer Team, Tallahassee, FL
• Full scholarship recipient.
• Educated teammates on goal setting, imagery, and positive self talk.
• Created a positive environment to foster team cohesion by leading discussion on The Five Dysfunctions of a Team.
• Mentored new players on adjustment to college life and team dynamics to build confidence. HONORS/AWARDS
2012 Doc Fauls Award Recipient, Florida State University
• Awarded to Seminole athletes who have overcome the most adversity to participate in athletics for FSU 2011 Dean’s List, Florida State University
2010 Femina Perfecta Recipient, Florida State University
• Awarded to the team member who best embodies the FSU motto of Vires, Artes, Mores. PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
American Academy of Physician Assistants
Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants