MARK D. JOHNSON
Summerville, SC *****
LOGISTICS, INVENTORY, QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONS MANAGER Multi-dimensional professional offering 22 years of supply chain management experience to include quality assurance by leading and developing teams through communication and training programs, managing operations, and increased organization productivity with on-the-job training, process improvement, professional development courses, and implementing core of values into supply chain management. Maintained and managed $940 million-dollar logistic warehouse distribution systems and fleet operations supporting a variety of airframes. Trained 570+ personnel on leadership, writing and communication skills; intuitive and effective training techniques resulted in 100% pass-rate. Successfully managed equipment accounts effectively increasing the operation’s accuracy 86% to 99%. PROFICIENCIES SYNOPSIS
• Leadership, Supervision, and Training
• Instructor and Briefer
• Personnel, Risk, & Change Management
• Inventory Management
• International Relations
• Contracting Officer Representative
• Secret Security Clearance
• Program Manager
• Quality Assurance
• Safety Manager
• Resource Advisor/Purchase Card Holder
• Professional, Adaptable, & Driven
• Critical Thinking
• Authored Policies, Procedures & Regulations
• Conflict Resolution
• Team Building
• Microsoft Office Proficient
• Reverse Logistics
• Team Building
• Project Management
CAREER OVERVIEW AND HIGHLIGHTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS
LEADERSHIP FOR OPERATIONS AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT:
• Director of the Expeditionary Logistic Distribution Center, directing operations at full capacity for 200+ employees covering four geographically separated operations, performing inventory and audits on 12 warehouses storing 1 million assets/$118 million dollars.
• Quality Assurance Manager & Inspector General team lead; principal advisor to CO, evaluated functional areas, researched, analyzed and fixed business processes/programs while improving performance and work flow directly supporting defense life- cycle logistics.
• Senior Advisor overseeing health and welfare for 260 employees; set up bare base operations in less than 10 days. First ever aircraft refueling operations in Afghanistan. Negotiated/managed supply goods and service contracts while building valuable relationships with top joint force leadership.
• Managed multiple supply chain operations; inbound receiving, shipping, storage/distribution, repair cycle, customer service, equipment accountability, and inventory control.
• Occupational Safety and Health Manager for 360 employees, identified safety measures, created functional strategies/solutions, scheduled and tracked organization’s training program. Verified compliance with health and safety regulations and ensures necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines. Managed inspections adhering to OSHA policy and ensured on-time completion of projects according to budget.
• Customer Service Manager/Document Control Manager, sourced, procured, and tracked 34,000 requirements to over 9,000 customers guaranteeing customer focus in support of four airframes worth $23 billion dollars. Safeguarded critical documents adhering to records retention policies improving logistical accuracy.
• Equipment Accountability Manager; oversaw 141 equipment accounts at $451M; provides training, audits organization’s program, jacket file, and accountability to include capital assets, COMSEC, classified, and weapons ensuring compliance with SOP/regulations. Provides feedback via program analysis by after action report reinforcing asset control and appropriate documentation.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
• Administers Department of Defense's Financial Improvement Audit Readiness 2014-2016 via problem analysis/statistical trends.
• Established annual degraded operations program regarding system, IT failure and testing capabilities of functional business processes in accordance with project life cycle.
• Overhauled equipment program, created technical approach, reduced error 40% saved $182 thousand dollars/2,500-man hours.
• Scrutinizes methods and policies, technical manuals, corrected changes in procedural errors, integrates directives into operations.
• Focal point for transportation logistics; optimized on-time delivery utilizing cross-functional teams for quality control of materials/$4 billion dollars.
• Experienced in Integrated Logistics Support; mitigates risk, provides Cost-To-Serve, strategic, financial, and operational analysis certifying critical data input into ERP/MRP.
• Developed continuity program for logistical procedures by applying quality assurance methods, established new procedures, enforcing customer satisfaction, and continuous process improvement to support forecast planning adhering to production schedules.
• Directed organization's inspection program; researched 2.2K checklist items/identified core deficiencies via operational risk management further enhancing training, set timelines utilizing after action reports from internal audits resulting in 97% compliance rate.
• Executed Discrepancy Report Analysis via document control audit; cited and resolved problematic trends for special handling procedures related to classified, shelf life, and suspect materials, returning $280 thousand dollars to budget.
• Experienced in ISO 9000/9001; audited seven organization's quality management programs, document control process, and ensured compliance via procedural analysis adhering to operational instructions to include policies and publications.
• Conducted periodic inventory analysis; assessed warehousing procedures, validated loss prevention, discovered systematic technique to reduce shelf life replacement time and improved inventory accuracy through quality risk management.
• Expert in supply chain strategy and quality management; developed projects, verified cost/operational analysis, employing strategic sourcing through verification of material requirements to support effective on-time delivery.
• Authored Concept of Operations for Chemical Warfare Distribution Plan validating life-threatening operations to include implementing a base-wide exercise that prioritized levels of mobility for individual issue based on project risk. XPO LOGISTICS
SHIPPING SUPERVISOR, Charleston, SC (09/2016-- 02/2017) UNITED STATES AIR FORCE (USAF) 1994 TO 2016
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER, Charleston, SC (03/2014 – 08/2016) QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER, Charleston, SC (04/2012 – 03/2014) EXPEDITIONARY THEATER DISTRIBUTION CENTER, DIRECTOR, Doha, Qatar (04/2011 – 04/2012) AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE SUPPLY MANAGER, Mountain Home, ID (09/2008 – 04/2011) MATERIAL MANAGER, Mountain Home, ID (05/2004 – 09/2008) MATERIAL CONTROL MANAGER, Wiesbaden, Germany (07/1999 – 05/2004) INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR, Little Rock, AR (01/1997 – 07/1998) INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST, Little Rock, AR (09/1994 – 01/1997) EDUCATION
BACHELORS OF ARTS – BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, American Military University, Charles Town, WV, 2016 (Graduated with honors) ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE – LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT, Community College of the Air Force, Montgomery, AL, 2012 SPECIALIZED TRAINING
Professional Manager’s Certification Lean Six Sigma Course Senior Military Leadership Academy Diploma Equal Opportunity and Treatment Education Air Force Leadership Academy Diploma Occupational Safety and Health Training Air Force Smart Operations Greenbelt Course Quality Assurance Management Training Quality Management Systems Training Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Education Course