A RVIND S TOKES
Senior Management Executive
OPERATIONS ~ STRATEGY ~ CUSTOMER SUCCESS ~ LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT S UMMARY OF Q UALIFICATIONS
A seasoned leader with extensive experience building high-performance operations, measurement systems, and infrastructure to maximize results in various business models. Skilled strategist who transforms strategic plans into workable solutions and benchmarks performance against key operational targets. Proven ability to create long-term scalability, structure agile work environments, negotiate aggressively and productively, and inspire and drive change within startup environments and global public companies. Selected Achievements:
• First executive hired at Y Combinator start-up ZeroCater Inc. leading the business from $28M annual GMV and 40 employees to $70M annual GMV and 200 employees in three years. Raised Series A
($4.1M) and Series B ($15M).
• Played a pivotal role in the expansion of broadcast monitoring start-up Multivision Inc. from $5M annual revenue and 30 employees to $26M annual revenue and 280 employees in three years.
• Instrumental in the successful sale of Multivision Inc. to a leading PR and Marketing SaaS company, Cision Inc., with nearly 3,800 employees worldwide and just under $200M in annual revenue.
• Consistently achieved highest divisional gross and operating margins of 91% and 68%. P ROFESSIONAL E XPERIENCE
ZeroCater, Inc., San Francisco, CA
ZeroCater brings food and technology together to help companies build high-performing cultures. It provides a digital food marketplace for managed B2B catering and snacks. 2014 to Present – Vice President of Operations
• First executive hired by the company and reported directly to the CEO.
• Responsible for Customer Success, Facility Management and Expansion, Vendor Partnerships, Logistics, and PeopleOps.
• Achieved gross profit margin improvement from 19% to 30% by designing a centralized customer support center in Austin, Texas.
• Created industry-leading Customer Success department consistently producing a quarterly NPS score of 72 and a CSAT score of 95%.
• End-to-end ownership of opening 4 new offices: Chicago, Los Angeles, Austin, and Washington D.C. Cision, Inc., Emeryville, CA
Cision, Inc. provides cloud-based public relations and media software, services, and tools to public relations and communication professionals through an award winning SaaS platform. GTCR acquired it in 2014. 2013 to 2014 – Vice President, Digital Content and Monitoring Operations
• Effectively directed digital content and operations team consisting of 98 employees throughout multiple locations globally with 8 direct reports, and a $9M P&L budget.
• Explored, identified, pursued, and managed global product and service outsourcing opportunities. Increased profit margin by 72% through outsourcing of a professional services support group, reducing annual costs by $1.6M while maintaining the same high-quality client service. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE CONTINUED ... ARVIND STOKES – PAGE 2 OF 2
• Researched and developed new OEM strategies, negotiated favorable pricing models, and managed vendor partnerships. Successfully integrated a broadcast digital XML feed into Cision’s SaaS platform, allowing the company to eliminate costly internal support groups and provide clients with an enhanced product.
• Formulated new service, product, and support strategies within the social media and content marketing space through acquisitions, strategic partnerships, and in-house development.
• Identified and implemented ERP and CRM software to create greater business workflow efficiency. 2010 to 2013 – Vice President, U.S. Broadcast Operations 2007 to 2010 – Director of Operations, U.S. Broadcast Operations 2005 to 2007 – Senior Operations Manager, Product Fulfillment
• Spearheaded revenue growth and cost management of U.S. Broadcast Division's operations by controlling and improving $5.9M P&L budget, implementing meticulous product quality controls, creating and analyzing client usage reports, and successfully directing a team of 140 personnel with 8 direct reports.
• Collaborated with CFO in identifying financial weaknesses and defining cost-cutting strategies.
• Introduced in-house Client Services Department, which saved $595K per year in employee support costs and increased client retention by 6% year over year.
• Heightened operating margins and EBIT by an average of 17% through meticulous and frequent analysis of expenses related to overtime, staffing, vendor relationships, and technology utilization.
• Authored training and mentorship programs that fostered internal promotions and the highest staff retention rate in the organization.
• Built international workflow between U.K., Canada, Portugal, and U.S. that streamlined customer support and vendor management in the sale of compressed digital clips. Multivision, Inc., Walnut Creek, CA
Multivision, Inc. was an innovative pioneer in the media monitoring industry. It launched services that over time became industry standard, such as the digital delivery of television content, subscription-based media online solutions, and premium broadcast valuations and monitoring services. Cision Inc. acquired it in 2005. 2004 to 2005 – National Production Manager
2002 to 2004 – Production and Regional Production Manager
• Oversaw delivery, quality control, and customer relations for all Cision products and services, with accountability for due diligence, logistics, and nationwide product standardization during Cision’s acquisition of Multivision.
• Supported sales directors in closing large accounts.
• Designed employee incentive plan that improved productivity and employee retention by 11%.
• Created quality control measures and training systems that decreased product errors from 16% to less than 1% and propelled topline revenue growth by over 20% year over year. E DUCATION
Bachelor of Arts, English, St. Mary’s College of California, Moraga, California NCAA Men’s Division I Tennis
T ECHNICAL E XPERTISE
Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite, Netsuite, Salesforce, Zendesk, SharePoint, Jira, Trello, and HRIS Systems