THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY – Baltimore, MD Mechanical Engineering Class of 2015 SKILLS AND COURSE SUMMARY
Project and Team Management
Report Preparation & Presentations
Rapid Prototyping of various techniques
Solid works Advanced Modeling Certified
DFM & DFA Oriented
Manufacturing and Fabrication Engineering
Statics and Dynamics of Materials
Robotic Sensors and Actuators
Circuits, Electronics, and
Engineering Econ. Business and
Engineering Design Process &
Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
Mechanics Based Design
Mechatronics & Design of Dynamical Systems
Energy Generation (Hydro, Geothermal, Nuclear, Wind, Fuel Cells, Solar, Nonrenewable)
Verification and Validation
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY AND PROFESSIONAL
• Mechanical Engineer/Product Design Engineer, JUICERO INC- San Francisco CA- July 2016 – Present (Signed NDA)
Design of components used in the first and second generation of devices produced by the company and interfaced with vendors and manufacturers Responsible for creating drawings and art to convey the manufacturing needs to vendors,
Responsible for revisions and new iterations made to currently marketed company products.
Custom prototyping on a rapid and high level.
Responsible for early concepting of components used in products sold by the company.
Responsible for first design iterations of next generation presses Sustaining Engineer on first ever countertop cold-press juicing system. Root cause analysis of current issues with products in the field complete with mitigations to fix said issues with a focus of feasibility manufacturability and sustainability
• Mechanical Engineer and Designer, JOHNS HOPKINS DESIGN TEAM – Baltimore MD September 2015 – May 2016
Collaborated on development of new R&D technology for the United States Air Force Research Lab (Signed NDA)
Fabrication of custom parts, mechanisms, and devices for terrestrial approach from aerial departure of personnel
Expansive Research, Design, Development, and Manufacturing of Prototype Series
SCHOLASTIC ACCOLADES AND EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Mechanical Engineering Intern, JUICERO INC... – San Francisco CA June 2015 – September 2015
Worked on innovative R&D technology for one of the largest startups in Silicon Valley (Signed NDA)
Responsible for developing product testing protocols, apparatuses and test devices Design, Manufacturing, and Fabrication of custom prototyping parts Contacting vendors and suppliers to procure materials to aid in development
• Engineer and Designer, JOHNS HOPKINS DESIGN PROJECT– Baltimore MD August 2014 - December 2014
Created device used to help eradicate malaria and trypanosomes Responsible for Research, Design, Development, Manufacturing, and Spec Qualification
Worked on cutting edge research project for a drug concentration test unit Fabricated custom parts for a consulting research team Project management for prototyping and design of the testing unit
• Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer and Designer, ROBOTIC ACTUATORS & SENSORS DESIGN PROJECT JHU- August 2014 - December 2014
Design, Manufactured and Tested a robotic power assist device for a bicycle. Developed a HUD unit and Safety device for skateboarders during night time Developed Prototype Series through varied practices Researched time table and process to bring product to market. Ran detailed cost analysis on materials and production.
• Executive Board Member of JHU S.O.B.A. (The Johns Hopkins University Society of Black Alumni) Responsible for establishing and maintaining contact between current undergraduate students and Alumni with the idea of fostering a safe space for ideas to flourish and prosper. Responsible or obtaining and maintaining membership of the alumni or Johns Hopkins University strengthening the alumni network and creating access to better resources through a shared network.
• Executive Board member & Senior Advisor of M.O.C.H.A (Men of Color Hopkins Alliance) Responsible for monitoring and strengthening under represented ethnic groups in successful completion of their studies Worked with vast alumni network to create mentorship opportunities Responsible for exponential growth in membership to 60 members (up from 4 the year prior)
• Co-Founder and 3-year president of robotics program (Quasics Robotics) Led a team of 25+ students through three years of fundraising and competing. Raised over 23,000 dollars in funds for construction and fabrication. Regional Finalist in FIRST Robotics Competition
• Volunteer at local middle school teaching S.T.E.M. classes (M. Brent Middle School) Taught the value and practicality of S.T.E.M. studies to inner-city youth References available upon request