John J. Boyle, R.Ph
Warrington, PA 18976
firstname.lastname@example.org • 215-***-****
Director of Pharmacy Operations
Accomplished executive with 15+ years of success driving innovation and growth within the Rite Aid Corporation through savvy operational management and hands-on leadership. Honored with 5 District Supervisor of the Year awards in recognition of commitment to furthering standards of excellence. Licensed pharmacist with an in-depth understanding of best pharmacy practices founded in hands-on experience within retail pharmacies and hospital environments. Articulate communicator with a talent for cultivating positive relationships with clients, vendors, executives, and all levels of personnel. Pharmacy Operations Management Competencies
• Fiscal Planning / Budget Administration
• Business Development / Revenue Growth
• Inventory Management / Logistics
• Program Development / Administration
• Strategic Planning / Implementation
• Staff Recruitment / Team Building
• Internal Leadership Development
• Marketing Strategies / Special Events
• Pharmacy Regulations / Compliance
• Technological Upgrades / Healthcare IT
Rite Aid Corporation, Philadelphia, PA
Regional Vice President of Pharmacy Operations, 2008 – Present Direct the daily operations of 400 pharmacies across four states generating an annual revenue of $1.5B+. Supervise a 15-person district management team and encourage the development of future leaders through the establishment of staff training programs, coaching, and mentoring. Assess pharmacy performance and develop innovative strategies to boost staff efficiency, improve service quality, and maximize customer satisfaction. Spearhead the implementation of special projects and programs, including grand openings and promotional campaigns. Key Contributions:
• Met or exceeded EBITDA goals for seven years by creating strategic operating plans and spearheading cost reduction initiatives.
• Forged strong business partnerships with independent pharmacy owners which resulted in 70+ acquisitions over 7 years.
• Appointed to serve as Pharmacy Development Manager by the executive leadership team and personally opened 20+ new pharmacies throughout tenure.
• Instrumental to the successful opening of 50+ new stores across four states; selected pharmacy sites, designed marketing strategies, and oversaw logistics.
• Drove the development of compliant payroll guidelines for all employees within the corporation as an active member of the Payroll Efficiency Task Force.
• Mentored 6 team members who have since earned promotions to senior management positions; provided coaching in regulatory compliance, best practices, and leadership techniques. John J. Boyle, R.Ph • Page 2
Pharmacy District Manager, 1995 – 2008
Oversaw the business operations of 100 retail pharmacies within the greater Philadelphia area generating an annual revenue of $104M+. Coordinated the allocation of $25M+ in pharmaceuticals and implemented new inventory management protocols to ensure regulatory compliance. Facilitated site visits in order to provide hands-on coaching and training to pharmacy managers, as well as to oversee the execution of special projects. Implemented metrics, analyzed team performance, and collaborated with store leadership to promote the achievement of revenue and growth objectives. Key Contributions:
• Negotiated pharmacy contracts with 10 long-term care facilities to secure $1.5M+ in additional annual revenue.
• Consistently ranked in the top 5% of 200 Pharmacy District Managers due to leadership abilities, subject matter expertise, and dedication to influencing positive change.
• Named the Pharmacy Development Manager for the Philadelphia region by the executive leadership team.
• Led the recruitment, onboarding, and training of all levels of staff at each new location, including pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, interns, and management teams.
• Championed numerous new programs to boost client satisfaction, including blood pressure screenings, diabetes awareness events, and healthy cooking demonstrations. Additional Experience:
• Pharmacy District Supervisor, Rite Aid Corporation, Philadelphia, PA
• Pharmacy Store Manager, Rite Aid Corporation, Trevose, PA
• Critical Care Pharmacist, Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, PA Education and Credentials
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, summa cum laude
Temple University – Philadelphia, PA
Licensed Pharmacist in Pennsylvania (RP 03304L)
Professional Training through Skillport
Maintaining an Engaging Organization
Perseverance and Flexibility in Times of Crises
Effective Succession Planning
Customer Driven Process Improvement
Fish! In the Workplace
Gold of the Desert Kings Seminar