INGRAM YUZEK GAINEN CARROLL & BERTOLINNI, LLP, New York, NY May 2016 –Present Legal Billing Coordinator
• Run and distribute billing information memos to all partners on a monthly basis utilizing LMS V..
• Review, edit, draft and send bills (by mail, email or fax as requested by client) for 17 partners.
• Troubleshoot billing issues presented by clients and partners including voiding and re-issuing bills.
• Respond to requests from clients and partners.
• Work with LMS V support and/or programmers to resolve billing/reporting issues and create/modify bill formats.
• Coordinate and oversee the distribution, submission and approval process for all e-bills. Review, resolve and appeal rejections on e-bills.
• Review and edit e-billing matters to ensure time and costs meet with the billing guidelines for various ebilling vendors.
• Maintain timekeepers and rates in various e-billing systems.
• Establish new client and matters in LMS V and run conflict searches.
• Coordinate with partners to establish flat fee and special fee arrangements in LMS V as needed.
• Train new timekeepers and secretaries to use LMS WebTime program.
GIBBONS, P.C., Newark, NJ Feb. 2012 – May 2016
Legal Billing Coordinator
• Utilize Aderant Expert (CMS) Billing System for sorting and distribution of monthly pre-bills to billing attorneys.
• Print and pre-bill editing between 300 and 400 pre-bills monthly; finalization of invoices including transfers and write-offs.
• Handle complex and split billing.
• Producing/mailing out client reminder statements.
• Transmission of electronic invoices with various e-billing systems such as: Serengeti, TyMetrix360, DataCert, Collaborati, Corridor, ASCENT, ect.
• Maintain working relationships with each billing attorney and/or secretary as assigned.
• Researching and resolving billing issues as they occur.
• Maintain lists of special billing requirements.
ROBERTSON, FREILICH, BRUNO & COHEN, LLC, Newark, NJ Sept. 2002 –May 2009
Legal Billing Coordinator/Bookkeeper
• Manage all aspects of legal billing for a law firm that specializes in complex litigation; including coordination of time entry process for all attorneys; print and edit between 125 and 150 pre-bills monthly; prepare final bills, perform electronic billing including the following vendors: Serengeti, Tymetrix and LEDES. Prepare trust account invoicing.
• Utilize RainMaker Gold Time & Billing to perform all aspects of billing and costing; open and maintain client matters; run conflict searches on all new client matters, enter and maintain parties into Conflicts of Interest program, open and maintain Doc Types in WorlDox, maintain and update daily A/R and WIP Reports, perform month end closing.
• Perform all general bookkeeping functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger using Peachtree; process and coding of accounts payable, process check requests and expense reports, perform check runs, maintain vendor files, enter and maintain G/L accounts, posting to the general ledger and journal entries, prepare daily bank deposits and upload deposits electronically and post cash receipts.
• Assist Chief Operating Officer and Firm Administrator in general administrative duties; prepare a wide variety of financial and management reports.
Susan Russo Professional Experience (Continued) Page 2
JERSEY REHAB, P.A., Newark, NJ Jan. 1999 - Apr. 2001 Medical Office Manager
• Responsible for the overall management and coordination of all administrative and office functions for a physical therapy rehabilitation center with five locations in northern New Jersey.
• Supervised, scheduled and directed activities of 65 employees to ensure operational objectives were achieved; trained personnel in all aspects of office procedures; interviewed, evaluated and hired prospective employees.
• Prioritized /delegated daily work assignments; oversaw work performed by support staff to ensure compliance with quality standards and company standards; conducted annual employee performance evaluations.
• Developed/implemented operational and human resources policies and procedures to maximize productivity.
• Maintained an environment dedicated to providing optimal levels of service to a diverse patient population.
• Served as benefits administrator; researched and selected insurance carriers to obtain maximum benefits with minimum premiums; coordinated additions, changes and terminations to group policies.
PRUDENTIAL HEALTHCARE, Cranbury, NJ 1998 - 1999
Case Installation Manager
• Coordinated all phases of installation for new and existing clients; developed and executed project plans.
• Interacted directly with sales, clients, brokers and other administrative areas to coordinate the installation process.
• Served as liaison between various Prudential departments and ensure administrative areas provide accurate client deliverables; oversaw the implementation of plan changes.
• Conducted quality assurance audits and continuous process improvements to maximize efficiency.
• Led various project teams to resolve administrative issues and increase client services.
CHANGEBRIDGE MSO, INC., Montville, NJ 1997 - 1998
Director of Business Services
• Planned, coordinated & executed hands-on account management functions for a medical management company.
• Communicated with MRI facilities to establish operational policies and procedures.
• Maintained contact with insurance companies to verify claim information and expedite payments.
• Served as liaison with physicians and attorneys’ offices to coordinate account management functions and resolve client related problems.
• Hired to troubleshoot account problems and increase client satisfaction; analyzed existing procedures to identify deficiencies and implement corrective action.
NEUROLOGICAL ASSOCIATES, West New York & Rahway, NJ 1990 - 1997
Medical Office Manager
• Managed and coordinated office operations for a no-fault practice.
• Developed office policies/procedures; supervised, scheduled and trained support staff.
• Utilized Medical Manager to prepare patient billing; utilized ICD-9 and CPT coding and EMC billing system.
• Resolved billing discrepancies and patient related problems in a timely and professional manner.
• Communicated with attorneys to negotiate fees and discuss insurance claims.
• Prepared daily and monthly financial reports; verified insurance coverage’s; maintained accounts receivable; and performed collections of delinquent accounts.
• Originally hired as Insurance Coordinator; promoted for consistent performance.
Windows NT & XP, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, CMS(Aderant), RainMaker Gold Time & Billing 6.05, Peachtree, QuickBooks, MD Base, Medical Manager, Medical Director, Physicians Services Software System & MEDIX.
• Hudson County Community College Culinary Arts Institute, Jersey City, NJ – A.A.S. (Associates in Applied Science – Culinary Arts Degree), December 2011
• Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society – 3.9 GPA, Spring 2011
• Middlesex County College, Edison, NJ – Completed 24 credits, 2009-2010
• KeySkills Learning, Clifton, NJ - Certificate in Computerized Financial Accounting, 2002
Personal and professional references are available upon request.