“A highly inspired graduate with
exceptional interpersonal and
communication skills seeking an
engineering position in the field of
Electrical and Electronics to thrive and
achieve the organization's collective
goals being competitive and competent
under diverse conditions to grow as a
MatLab, Simulink, LabVIEW, COMSOL
Multiphysics, OptiSys, Optiwave,
Wireshark, MS Office Applications with
MS Project, SolidWorks, AutoCAD
Arduino, PSoC, C/C++, Verilog HDL- FPGA,
Leadership, Technical Report Writing,
Project Management, Budgeting, Data
Analysis, Accounting-Basic Knowledge
English – Professional working proficiency
Sinhalese, Tamil – Native, Bilingual
Final Year Project: Dynamic Impacts of
Electric Vehicle Integration to the
Electricity Distribution Grid
Design and software simulation of a Fast Car
Charging station capable of G2V and V2G
comprised of DC-DC converter and VSC
Converter with bidirectional power transfer
with relevant control systems placed.
Software used: Simulink/SimPower tools,
• Monash University
Bachelor of Engineering - BE (with Honours) in the field of Electrical and Computer Systems
Class of 2017 Nov.
- Computer Systems & Programming
• IDM Pre-University
- Diploma in PC Assembling, Networking and User Technical Support
M Rikaz M Rameez BE(Hons), AMIE(SL), GradIEAust, Grad.Eng.(BEM) Address: #3-1132 Ang Mo Kio Avenue-3 Blk234 SG 560234 06, New Lane, Milidduwa, Galle, Sri Lanka
Email: email@example.com Skype: rikaz9991
Electrical Engineering Graduate
• International Construction Consortium (Pvt) Ltd. Industrial training at Havelock City Development Phase III Project- Nov 2016- Feb 2017.
• Review submitted applications with the technical specifications required and preparation of reports to the upper management.
• Supervision of the lightning protection system/ Earthing, Installation of concealed conduits.
• Analysing issues of subcontractors.
• Development of quantity extraction checks for both electrical and mechanical disciplines liaising with the QS department & Documentation (MA, RFI, RFC, Procurement), Implementing illumination schedules.
• ERP system data entry of resources allocation for the Havelock City Phase III.
• Exposure to ELV, DB, Electrical wiring, Lightning protection system, Energy Management Systems, Substation,
Generators, HVAC, Fire detection & protection systems etc.
• Kurunduwatta Tea Factory (Pvt) Ltd.
- As an Engineer from Aug 2017-Apr 2018
- Operations, maintenance and management.
- Preventive and predictive maintenance of electrical systems.
- Energy management.
- Assisting the group directors in operations and management. Interests
• Energy Systems and Power.
• Telecommunication, Fibre Optics,
Next Gen Communications Techs.
• Automation and AI.
• Building Services M&E.
• Solid State Lighting.
• High Achievement – 2014 (Monash
• IT Mastermind 2012 semi-finalist
and was placed 2nd runner up in the
• Student Member of IEEE of IEEE Student
Branch of Monash Malaysia.
• Student Member of IMechE of IMechE
Student Branch of Monash Malaysia.
• Student Member of Engineers Australia
of Engineers Australia Branch of
• School – IT club, Photography club,
Interact club, Islamic Society, St. John’s
Ambulance First Aid Cadet in grade 8.
• Leaderships –
- Islamic quiz team captain.
- Led the IT Mastermind team in
- Participated in University cricket
- Played U-13 rugby and football in
inter house sports meet.
1. The Institution of Engineers Australia
- Graduate (Professional) Member
- Membership No: 5434140
2. Board of Engineers Malaysia
- Graduate Engineer
- Registration No: G20356A
3. The Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka
- Associate Member
- Membership No: 22010
Built a fully automated robot to compete and perform impressively while adhering to the design constraints, specification and rule. Requirements: Detection of specific coloured pucks, moving in all the directions, picking up the specific puck, Returning to the Base, Wall Detection, Collision detection (other robots)
Contribution: In charge of all circuitry, sensors, power management and lead planner.
A study on Energy Saving Potential of Occupancy Sensors A study on Energy Saving potential of Occupancy Sensors were carried out using Passive Infra-red sensors in different locations. Aim was to help facilitate energy savings in the campus.
Optical Fibre Network Design – Optical Communications Design and Simulation of a long haul Optical Fibre Backbone Network from Kuala Lumpur to Kuching (Sarawak) through Johor, Malaysia. Transmission: DWDM technique with Synchronous Digital Hierarchy Technology. Capacity: 10Gbps x 16 channels.
Software: OptiSys (Optiwave)
Flexible Micro Electronic Device – Organic Electronics & Micro Developed and fabricated a flexible temperature sensor. LabVIEW Vuvuzela Noise Removal – Signal Processing Designed a filtering scheme to recover as much audio clarity by removing the Vuvuzela noise in the 2010 football world cup. Character Recognition with a Back-Propagation Neural Network Designed and trained a network with 10 characters using 4 different algorithms for character recognition.
Fuzzy Logic Controller Design using Fuzzy Logic Toolbox Designed a system to predict the Weather. Prediction of Relative humidity using the dry bulb and dew point temperature was carried out and compared the simulated results with the actual data. Referees
Dr. Mohamed Hisham Jaward, PhD
Department of Electrical and Computer Systems, Faculty of Engineering, Monash University Malaysia.
Eng. (Cmde Rtd.) A.M.S.P. Alahakoon
MBA, PMP, CEng, MIE (Sri Lanka)
Deputy General Manager (M&E),
International Construction Consortium (Pvt) Ltd.