Brandon D. Smith
SUMMARY OF SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Human Resources, Payroll, Public Relations, Medical Management, Office Management, Government Contracting, Property Management, Staffing, Sales/Retail Management, Health/Life Insurance, Consulting, Clerical, Administration, Transportation, Dispatching, Shipping/Logistics, Financing, Collections, Business 2 Business, Recruiting/Talent Acquisition, Customer Service, Billing, Account Management, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Bookkeeping, Scheduling, Outreach Coordination, Telemarketing, Technician, IT Help Desk/Troubleshooting, Security Guard, Event Services, Lodging, Housing, Hospitality, Brand Ambassador, and Call Center experience.
• 19 years of experience in Customer Service, Sales, and Retail.
• 15 years of experience in Account Management including Financing, Billing, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Bookkeeping, and Collections.
• 11 years of experience in Business Management and Store Operations including Management, Supervisory, Trainer, Key Holder, Shift Leader, and Specialist.
• Excellent clerical/administration support skills, mediation skills, liaison skills, corporate skills, computer skills, presentation skills, consulting skills, marketing skills, training skills, staffing/recruiting skills, merchandising skills, outreach skills, reliable cash handling, data entry, Microsoft Office/Windows/Android/Apple MAC skills, electronic scanning experience, dispatching, communication through email, and conference calling.
• A very enthusiastic team oriented professional and leader with a strong focus on problem-solving and troubleshooting; also managing, recruiting, public relations, relating with staff, and satisfy customers/clients/guests.
• Outstanding ability to read, communicate, and write in both Spanish and English.
• Previous company achievements include certifications, record breakers, history of top sales, bonuses, ambassador, customer compliments, customer testimonials, great example of outstanding customer service, leadership, and reliability. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
Furniture Fair 3/2017-9/2017
Sales Specialist/Interior Design Consultant
• Provide consultation and aided customers in decision making for purchases and financing for furniture and furnishings such as sofas, loveseats, recliners, lamps, bedding, mattresses, tables, fabrics, rugs, accessories, wall decors, and Montage protection plans.
• Marketing and administrative duties such as follow up emails, updates, thank you cards, follow up calls to customers/businesses regarding promotions, answering inquiries, and purchases.
• Enter customer and business information including address, delivery dates, and comments, using data entry and customer management software.
• Negotiate, arrange, and collect payments regarding financing terms, layaways, and pay before deliveries with customer.
• Enter and verify customer/business sales orders in company POS system using SKUs, smartphone, and tablet.
• Write up sales, special orders, quotes, estimates, and ball park figures for customers and businesses.
• Communicate with office personnel, co -workers, managers, warehouse managers, and delivery drivers.
• Create and perform sales presentations.
• Hand out vendor brochures, catalogs, booklets, and information to customers.
• Take photos of furniture and create photo collage using cameras and photo collage application on tablet and smartphone.
• Attend daily meetings with managers, co-workers, presidents, and brand ambassadors. Also, attend monthly reception events.
• Perform routine merchandising, organizing, replace price tags, and furniture upkeeping such as wiping, fluff pillows and dusting. Quality Inn and Suites (Choice Hotels) 9/2016-1/2017 West Chester, Ohio
3rd Shift Night Auditor/Front Desk
• Answering/Placing calls on switchboard phone registering/booking guests for hotel rooms, responding to request of guests, and providing the upmost customer service. .
• Manage and perform night audit functions on the hotel’s property management system and computer such as posting room charges and taxes, reconciling payments, and performing other financial and accounting related duties such as account management, printing reports, and bookkeeping for General Manager and Owner.
• Function as a front desk agent in terms of check-in and check-out procedures as well as update bucket list.
• Operate computers, switchboard phone, cash registers, safe, calculators, copiers, printers, scanners, and key processing equipment.
• Print up, verify, update and file reservations for the next business day.
• Process, verify, and update guest credit cards, 3rd party charges, account postings, and balances.
• Use copier for scanning identifications and cards.
• Update guests with current status of coupon, discount, and other promotional programs.
• Communicate effectively and updating documentation with General Manager, maintenance, housekeeping, breakfast hostess, and other front desk staff regarding registrations, changes, guest relations, transactions, and maintenance issues.
• Prepare coffee, cookies, popcorn, and continental breakfast early mornings during shift.
• Secure hotel and guests as main key holder, monitor surveillance cameras throughout shift.
• Troubleshoot hotel Wi-Fi, printer, computer, televisions, kitchen equipment, phones, and surveillance cameras.
• Set up meeting rooms, outdoor dining area, and indoor dining area. Staples 12/2015-9/2016
• Provide consultation and aided customers and businesses in decision making process for purchases including computer repair services, printing services, shipping services, office furniture, office products, Verizon cell phones, cell phone accessories, art materials, sound products, technology products, Staples credit card, Staples Rewards Card, and merchandise extended warranties.
• Create job tickets for computer repairs orders using data entry skills in computer software for customers and businesses.
• Troubleshoot and repair computers accordingly with Staples repair guidelines.
• Use scanning device and department keys to verify inventory and create pull list to stock merchandise according to planograms.
• Unload trucks and totes of new merchandise to stock merchandise on store shelves and displays.
• Communicate with store supervisor, department supervisors, co-workers regarding goals, promotions, customer/business follow-ups, meetings, and trainings.
• Operate cash register and use data entry to retrieve and verify customer accounts.
• Provide customers cash if requested from cash registers processing debit card transactions.
• Perform routine straightening of merchandise, routine cleaning/dusting of floors, windows, and shelves. Extreme Networks 8/2015-current
*NFL Wi-Fi Coach Certification
Paul Brown Stadium Cincinnati, OH
NFL Wi-Fi Coach
• Promote Wi-Fi around Paul Brown Stadium by handing out flyers and answering inquiries from audience within stadium.
• Assist the audience within stadium using Wi-Fi on mobile phones, tablets, watches, etc.
• Troubleshoot/help problem solve Wi-Fi on Wi-Fi capable devices and around stadium.
• Communicate with Wi-Fi engineers using text messaging application on mobile phones or Wi-Fi capable devices.
• Attend meetings with Wi-Fi engineers.
• Recruit and staff Wi-Fi coaches for from staffing agency (Whelan Security/Whelan Event Services) for NFL games. Whelan Security/Whelan Event Staffing Services (Paul Brown Stadium) 07/2015-current
*Ohio Department of Public Safety and Security Services and Private Investigator License Paul Brown Stadium Cincinnati, OH
Office Administrative Support, Staffing, Payroll, Scheduler, Security Guard/SRT/Gatekeeper
• Supervise, schedule, and provide employee relations/liaison for over 600 employees.
• Verify and submit payroll, payroll discrepancy reports, incident reports, sign in and sign out sheets from employees.
• Receive/place calls to employees to staff and fill job orders for events such as the National Football League (Cincinnati Bengals and Kansas City Chiefs, and Wi-Fi coaches), concerts such as 2015 MLB All Star Concert, Luke Bryant, Cincinnati Music Festival, One Direction and Kenny Chesney in Kansas City, Missouri. Also, sporting events such as Miami Redhawks Football/Ice Hockey, Ole Miss Football, University of Cincinnati Football, and Kentucky Speedway. In addition, staff and fill job orders for private events at Paul Brown Stadium such as Kroger, Pink Ribbon Awareness, American Heart Association, etc.
• Administrative Support for Human Resources and Account Manager in tasks such as copying, stapling, preparing applications and paperwork, staffing, equipment management, inventory, laundry, scanning fingerprints, interviews, payroll inquiries, onboarding, termination, and verifying w-4 forms, copying identifications for I-9s.
• Respond to voicemails daily and inquiries.
• Collect and submit payments to accounts receivable department from clients/accounts such as NFL teams, collegiate sports teams, foundations, non-profit organizations, etc.
• Organize and clean office.
• Perform security and account management duties such as gatekeeping, securing posts, metal detecting, customer service, responding to emergencies, risk banding, setting up events, and fulfilling client requests.
• Communication through devices such as walkie-talkie.
• Recruit new employees using computer software, social media, job posting websites, and contacting colleges.
• Assist and schedule new hires for hiring events.
• Attended daily meetings with Human Resources and Account Manager. SRA International, Inc. Health Insurance Marketplace (Department of Health and Human Services)
(Aerotek Government Services) *Federal In-Person Assister Certification (REHIRED)10/2014-3/2015 Cincinnati, OH 1/2014- 4/2014
1st shift Federally Certified Bilingual In-Person Assister Specialist, Medical Management and Consulting (Government Contractor for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services)
• Provide federal certified In-Person enrollment assistance and consultation to individuals and businesses involving Affordable Care Act/Health Insurance Marketplace in both English and Spanish using federal government applications on federal government website and federal government paperwork from Enrollment Assistance Center (EAC) or outreach events at several locations. Also, was incoherent with Social Security Administration, Department of Homeland Security, IRS, and consumer reporting agencies.
• Create/Review customer and business accounts/applications using and updating (PII) in Health Insurance Marketplace/ Healthcare.gov federal government website. Also, consulted with financing with available tax credits and set up/process billing for insurance companies such as Anthem Blue Cross, Humana, United Healthcare, Caresource, etc.
• Set up table/booth with federal government peripherals regarding Health Insurance from CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) and educate public about affordable health insurance at remote locations such as libraries, community centers, churches, locally televised phone-a-thons, public events, colleges, etc.
• Outreach coordinate with Heath Insurance Marketplace peripherals such flyers, brochures, and business cards to the public. Also, hung posters and posted flyers in store fronts and community boards of local businesses.
• Outbound/Inbound calls to schedule, confirm, prescreen, follow up, and data entry appointments in appointment scheduling software, and respond to inquiries from office and enrollment assistance center.
• Conduct training to obtain certification “In Person Assister.”
• Medical Billing/Collect/Accounts Receivable from insurance companies such as Anthem Blue Cross, Humana, United Healthcare, Caresource, etc.
• Participate in SRA International, Inc. and federal government webinars regarding Affordable Care Act.
• Office IT-troubleshoot and problem-solve computers, cell phones, networking, and other government equipment.
• Effective communication and office meetings with office personnel, supervisor, office manager, outreach coordinator, and project coordinator.
• Telemarketing/Cold Call local businesses for participation/partnerships in events.
• Document encounters accurately with required data in QMART.
• Staple, copy, scan, and print government paperwork.
• Train and help certify new employees for “In Person Assister” certification.
• Inventory office and government equipment.
• Open and close federal government office/enrollment assistance center (Key Holder). U.P.S (United Parcel Service) (Advent Global Solutions) 6/2014-8/2014 Cincinnati, OH
• Supervisory of truck drivers including attendance, office administration, tracking/inspection reports of tractor and trailers, hand out paychecks, emails, contacting truck drivers for assignments, collect signatures for paperwork, etc.
• Assist in monitoring and dispatching orders when primary is overwhelmed.
• Ensure all service orders are routed to the correct destination.
• Get on boards and POD information from drivers and agents.
• Place notes into online systems using data entry and contact call center.
• Quickly and pleasantly answer inbound calls from truck drivers, businesses, clients, etc.
• Enter orders.
• Update Air bill info, Proof of Deliveries, and scheduling.
• Meeting dispatch productivity and quality standards.
• Make sure service orders are transferred to proper desk.
• Handle routine customer problems and inquiries.
• Trace lost shipments and communicate service problems to customers.
• Daily Tractor and Train audits.
• Escalate problems and questions beyond the dispatcher to handle to lead supervisor or manager. DHL Global Mail (Fleetstaff) 9/2013-11/2013
Erlanger, KY *TSA-STA Certification
3rd shift Onsite Office Manager/Human Resources/Payroll
• Recruiting, Supervising, Emailing, Staffing, Consulting, Inbound/Outbound phone calls, check messages from employees, DHL, and Fleetstaff office to place/fill job orders for DHL Global Mail.
• Manage/Supervise over 100 employees on production floor.
• Take attendance of employees on production floor and populate daily attendance record on remote desktop.
• Providing orientations for reviewing company policies and procedures to new employees.
• Communicate effectively with HR Generalist regarding attendance reports, turnover reports, injury reports, etc.
• Separate paychecks by department and hand out paychecks.
• Faxing, stapling, mailing, copying, printing, and filing company paperwork.
• Meetings along with other department meetings and communicating effectively with HR Generalists, Floor shift managers and supervisors, department supervisors, department leads, and DHL company representatives regarding meeting staffing and production goals. Also, submitted daily recaps requested by Regional Human Resources of DHL.
• Train and certify employees for TSA-STA certification.
• Update Master Disciplinary, occurrences, DHL reports, and DHL attendance on shared hard drive.
• Compile and record time studies disciplinary actions, and safety issues.
• Transport paychecks and Fleetstaff paperwork between DHL and Fleetstaff office.
• Dispatch/contact emergency 9-11 calls and immediate medical response for employees injured during work.
• *SET DHL GLOBAL MAIL WORLD RECORD FOR MOST SCANS IN ONE HOUR BY TWO ASSOCIATES* LifeSafer 8/2013-10/2013
Blue Ash, Ohio
Bilingual Customer Service Representative
• Inbound/Outbound call center to clients selling or servicing LifeSafer Breathalyzer units in vehicles.
• Aided and consulted clients in the decision making process for LifeSafer Breathalyzer units for sales and service.
• Emails and reminder calls to clients, state directors, and maintenance personnel regarding service dates, answering questions, and setting up appointments for clients at maintenance shops for installs and maintenance.
• Communicated effectively with Call Center Supervisors, Call Center Director, Maintenance or Vehicle Service shops in several locations, State Directors and staff using conference calls, meetings, training, and email to set/overcome goals to drive sales and new promotions.
• Data entry and manage accounts, set up/process billing, client information, installations and work orders, and appointments. JRK Property Holdings, Inc. (The Willows of Springdale) 4/2013-5/2013 Springdale, Ohio
Bilingual Property Manager/ Bilingual Leasing Consultant
• Manage over 400 apartment units on property including collecting monthly rent, set up/process billing, troubleshooting and problem-solving apartments, property, and tenancy issues.
• Aided and consulted leads in the decision making process for leasing apartments.
• Answering inbound/outbound phone calls, faxes, and emails to leads regarding leasing, answering questions and setting up appointments to view apartments and property and fill out/process leasing applications.
• Communicated effectively with Property Office Manager and Assistant Office Manager, Maintenance, and staff using conference calls, meetings, and email to set/overcome goals to drive sales and new promotions.
• Data entry work orders, leasing applications, and guest cards into apartment leasing software.
• Dispatch/communicate with maintenance regarding work orders.
• Show leads apartments and property.
• Faxing, stapling, mailing, copying, printing, and filing company paperwork. The Job Store LLC 6/2012-2/2013
Springdale, Ohio *E-Verify Certification
Assistant Office Manager/Clerical/Human Resources/Bilingual Staffing Specialist/Payroll
• Recruiting, Supervising, Emailing, Staffing, Consulting, Interviewing, Orientations, Place calls, Dispatching, and Inbound/Outbound phone calls to place/fill job orders for companies.
• Meetings and communicating effectively with secretaries, management, sales representatives, co-workers, company representatives, human resource representatives, and possible applicants regarding job orders.
• Reviewing applications using and representing company identification for I-9s and E-Verify.
• Coordinate new hire orientations reviewing company policies and procedures to employees.
• Answer inquiries, email, phone calls, and check answering machine regarding employment or call-offs.
• Hand out paychecks and sign over employees to payroll card or direct deposit and enter information into human resource/payroll/timekeeping software.
• Faxing, stapling, mailing, copying, printing, and filing company paperwork daily, weekly, and monthly.
• Monitor/review time clock daily to ensure clock ins/clock outs regarding employees and create timecards for employees.
• Administering background checks and drug test.
• Administering company phone and training videos.
• Transport paychecks and paperwork.
• Hire and terminate employment.
• Maintain cleanliness of office and order office supplies when needed. Wireless Express (Sprint) 7/2010-5/2012
Assistant Manager/Bilingual Sales Specialist
• Aided and consulted customers and businesses in decision making process for purchasing Sprint merchandise such as phones, phone plans, accessories, internet, etc.
• Executing managerial tasks such as recruiting, supervisory, deposit cash/checks daily with U.S. Bank, retrieving bank deposits, complete daily, nightly, weekly paperwork, approve hours, review resumes and applications, interviewing, training, audits, inventory control, petty cash, order phones and office supplies, planograms, and merchandising.
• Communicated effectively with CEO, Vice President, District Manager, and staff using conference calls, webinars, and emails to set/overcome sales goals to drive sales with new promotions.
• Create flyers, customer call-backs, outreach publically, and complete online courses to increase sales revenue.
• Use of Data Entry and Account Management skills to assist in financing, set up/process billing, set-up/review customer accounts, call and customer service for customers, and collect bill payments.
• In Person and over the phone IT helpdesk for problem-solving and troubleshooting mobile phones, smartphones, watches, tablets, Bluetooth earpieces, and computers.
• Review contracts with customers requiring their signature.
• Conducted stock; also shipping, receiving, and transporting inventory.
• Operated cash registers and using electronic scanning equipment.
• Performed routine cleaning and organization of stockroom and store. Laborworks 10/2009-2/2010
Assistant Office Manager/Clerical/Human Resources/Transportation/Payroll
• Recruiting, Supervisory, Emailing, Consulting, Staffing, Phone Interviewing, Inbound/Outbound phone calls to employees and companies to place/fill job orders for companies.
• Reviewing applications using and representing company identification.
• Coordinate company orientations reviewing company policies and procedures to employees.
• Review and add up hours on time cards for employees.
• Process payroll daily using human resources and payroll software.
• Print, stamp, cut, and hand out paychecks.
• Faxing, stapling, mailing, copying, printing, and filing company paperwork.
• Meetings and communicating effectively with secretaries, management, sales representatives, co-workers, company representatives, and possible applicants regarding job orders.
• Dispatching tickets, job orders, employee hours, employee payroll, and employee information into human resource software on computer system.
• Administering background checks, alcohol/daily breathalyzer tests using breathalyzer unit, and drug test.
• Administering company phone, rental equipment, security, and training videos.
• Transport employees, paychecks, and paperwork.
• Drive, precisely record mileage, and maintain company vehicles daily. SRV LLC. (Calendar Club/Go Games) 11/2007-12/2007, 11/2008-1/2009 Cincinnati, Ohio
Assistant Manager/Key Holder
• Aided customers in the decision making process for purchases.
• Executing managerial tasks such as training and drop/retrieve bank deposits.
• Operated cash registers and electronic scanning equipment.
• Completed nightly paperwork, planograms and merchandising.
• Conducted stock and shipping inventory.
• Performed routine cleaning of floors, windows, and shelves. CM Personnel 5/2007-7/2010
• Fulfilled job orders such as forklifting, cherry picker, stocking, lifting over 75 lbs, line assembly, shipping and receiving, pressure washing, labeling, reviewing and signing off Bill of Ladings for truck orders for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. Redskye Wireless (AT&T) 10/2004-5/2007
• Aided and consulted customers in decision making process for purchasing AT&T merchandise.
• Executing managerial tasks such as recruiting, supervisory, bank deposits, complete daily/nightly/weekly paperwork, training, audits, inventory control, approve employee hours, planograms, and merchandising.
• Communicated effectively with District Manager and staff using conference calls and email to set/overcome sales goals to drive sales and new promotions.
• Create flyers, public outreach, and complete online courses to increase sales revenue.
• Use of Data Entry and Account Management to assist with financing and set-up/review customer accounts, set up/process billing, call customer service for customers, and collect bill payments.
• Review contracts with customers requiring signatures.
• In Person and over the phone IT helpdesk for problem-solving and troubleshooting mobile phones, smartphones, and computers.
• Conducted stock; also shipping, receiving, and transporting inventory.
• Operated cash registers using electronic scanning equipment.
• Performed routine cleaning and organization of stockroom and store. Deveroes 4/2004-10/2004
Manager In Training
• Aided and consulted customers in the decision making process for clothing, shoes, and accessory purchases.
• Executing managerial tasks such as recruiting, bank deposits, complete daily/weekly/monthly paperwork, training, inventory control, planograms, monitoring sales goals, gross profits, and merchandising.
• Communicated effectively with District Manager, Store Manager, and staff using conference calls and email to set/overcome sales goals to drive sales and new promotions.
• Operated cash registers and electronic scanning equipment.
• Conducted stock and shipping inventory.
• Performed routine cleaning entire store including floors, windows, and shelves. Macy’s 11/2001-5/2004
• Aided and consulted customers into purchasing clothing, shoes, jewelry, housewares, etc.
• Use Data Entry and Account Management to help finance and set-up/maintain credit card accounts, set up/process billing, call and communicate with customer care for customers, and collect bill payments.
• Operate cash registers and electronic scanning equipment.
• Merchandising, audits, tagging, markdowns, folding, and stocking merchandise.
• Performed routine cleaning and organization of fitting rooms, checkout lane, and departments in store. EDUCATION
• Tax Preparer Certification, 2009, Liberty Tax School (Norwood, OH)
• Associates Degree (Applied Business in Communication Design), 2003, University of Cincinnati in Blue Ash (Raymond Walters College) (Cincinnati, Ohio)
• High School Diploma, 1999, (General Studies, Spanish), Withrow High School (Cincinnati, Ohio) VOLUNTEER
Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce 2015, 2016
• Annual OTR 5K Marathon (2016) (Stage Manager: assist bands with performance schedules, sound/stage setups, hosting, and hospitality)
• Annual OTR 5K Marathon (2015) (review identification for proper age drinking at alcoholic beverage booth)
• 2nd Sundays on Main (2015) (assisted in setting up tents and locations for businesses on Main St. downtown Cincinnati, OH)