Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
Branding Manager Growth Hacker Master Storyteller October, 2017
My name is Gene Gates and I was given one Super Power: to tell great stories that grow sales and deepen brand passion.
I have a knack for attracting good publicity. I was deeply honored to be featured on Oprah. I was a guest on HuffPost Live. The New York Times sent a reporter to cover my story. And I have been featured on American Idol, CNN, Nightline, NBC News, The Wall Street Journal and countless others. I am full of passion and creativity, and I love emerging technologies and digital. I have a good old fashioned work ethic and dynamic energy.
I have managed small to large teams of creatives and engineers, and I love it. As a Growth Hacker, I love data deep dives and finding new ways to create and distribute content that gets attention and builds brand passion through Behavioral Economics. As the Brand Manager for Battuto Italian Kitchen, I cultivated winning digital relationships with influencers, bloggers and the media to propel Battuto to being named “One of America’s 100 Best Neighborhood Gem Restaurants” by OpenTable in it’s first year. While I was Brand Manager for The Gene & Julie Show we achieved the highest likability score for any Adult Contemporary morning radio show ever measured in perceptual studies, and the show was nominated three times for the Oscar of the radio industry: the “Marconi Award.” Winning in 2015. I look forward to telling your story.
“I believe when you tell good stories, people want to share them” GENE GATES
Branding Manager Growth Hacker Master Storyteller Skills
Web & Social Strategist Digital Marketing Solution Wayfinder Strategic Thinker Collaborator Data Junkie
Content Creator Innovative Noodler Early Adopter Film Maker Growth Hacker Branding Expert Animation Podcasting Power Point Public Speaker
Marketing Director Owner. Battuto Italian Kitchen/Dallas (2011 – 2014) Managed all marketing initiatives, conducted market research, handled all aspects of company marketing including: style guide, website, SEM/SEO, print/online/radio/TV advertising, social media, bloggers, customer email database, newsletters, artwork/graphics, media appearances, video production, publicity, media coverage, on site special events and fundraisers, and much more.
- Named “One of America’s Top 100 Neighborhood Gem Restaurants” by OpenTable.
- Recognized with a “Certificate of Excellence" from TripAdvisor and voted “Best Italian" by The Dallas A-List, Plano Profile Magazine, and urbanspoon.
Brand Manager Content Manager. Gene and Julie Show (1995 – 2017) An award-winning entertainment show that aired on CBS and iHeartMedia stations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, Albuquerque, and Raleigh.
- Supervised team responsible for all creation, execution and distribution of content for on-air, AOL Radio, podcasting, blog, website, social media, convention workshops, presentations, and live events.
- Supervised brand image across all platforms including print, magazine, radio, TV, social media, website, blogs, podcasts, and vlogs.
- Wrote and produced compelling videos, web copy, graphics, newsletters, press releases and marketing.
- Collaborated with sales and management teams to create successful advertising campaigns for national and local clients including Ford, Starbucks, Delta Airlines, and others.
- Vigilant about staying on-trend with developing technology. Managed SEM/SEO.
- Appeared on HuffPost Live, Oprah, CNN, American Idol, NBC, Nightline, New York Times, Wall Street Journal.
- Three-time nominee for the coveted “Marconi Award” from the National Association of Broadcasters, winner in 2015.
(Email) firstname.lastname@example.org. (Location) Raleigh, NC, USA.