A culinary graduate holding City & Guilds(UK) Diploma, with 5.5 years of practical experience in western and asian cuisine. I am currently looking to embark on a well focused innovative career in a Food and Beverage establishment which can cater towards my career growth. Education/Qualifications
2011 – 2011 Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Food Preparation and Cooking (Culinary Arts) 2011 - 2011 WSET Level 1 Foundation Certificate in Wines 2011 – 2011 Basic Food Hygiene Course Certification 2014 – 2014 Conduct Food and Beverage Hygiene Audit Certification Career History
Nov 16 - Present
The Wine Company (Singapore) - Western, Asian www.thewinecompanyonline.com.sg Sous Chef Full time
• Provide in-depth assistance to the Head Chef in all planning and directives for food preparation within the kitchen.
• Management and training works with all kitchen staffs including scheduling of roster.
• In charge of stock inventory and supplies order.
• Weekly reporting in management board meetings pertaining all sales/budget/feedback/operation issues.
• Learnt extensively about food and wine pairing.
• Developed a recipe of homemade jams and receive compliments from the owners. Aug 14 – Oct 16
Springleaf Prata Place (Singapore) - Indian Fusion www.springleafprataplace.com Outlet Chef Full time
• Responsible for the daily management, stock control and cleanliness across the kitchen
• Responsible for the kitchen planning, menu planning and staff training.
• Ordering of supplies and ensuring adequate inventory stocks.
• Ensuring proper hygiene control throughout the kitchen and restaurant.
• Food cost planning and reporting to the upper management on weekly sales.
• Ensuring minimal food wastage.
• Interviewing and hiring kitchen staffs.
• Attributed to restaurant’s success by innovating an award winning dish known as Plaster Blaster (Indian Egg Benedict).
• Got featured on the national newspaper in relation to the Plaster Blaster Dish.
• Implementation of the 5S system in the kitchen to ensure a systematic approach in the operations of the Kitchen.
Sajeekumar – Professional Chef
Australia t: 046******* e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sajeekumar 2 of 2 Page
May 14 – July 14
Arbite Serangoon Gardens (Singapore) - Western, Italian www.arbite.com.sg Junior Sous Chef Full Time
• Ensuring proper plating of dishes are done according to Head Chef’s instructions.
• Working together with Sous chef and Head chef and partake in planning works for new menu and weekly specials.
• Training junior kitchen staffs and mentoring them.
• Knowledge on building relationships and conducting orders to food suppliers.
• Using Microsoft Office to input food inventory and food cost. Key Achievement
• Learning the process on proper staff roster scheduling. Apr 13 – May 14
A for Arbite (Singapore) - Western, Italian www.arbite.com.sg Chef De Partie Full Time
• In Charge of Salad, Saucier and Grill Sections.
• Working in a fast paced environment.
• Preparing of Mis En Place on a daily basis.
• Adhering to proper hygiene practice.
• Making many types of homemade pastas from scratch. Apr 12 – Mar 13
Jee Boom Bar & Restaurant (Cambodia) - Western, Asian, Cambodian Chef Full Time
• Involved in daily running of the kitchen.
• Working with a small group of staffs.
• Preparing ingredients on a daily basis and cooking as per order. Key Achievement
• Being independent in a non-english speaking environment.
• Working with local produce and learning about Cambodian cuisine. Dec 11 – Apr 12
The Exchange (Singapore) - Australian Western www.theexchange.com.sg Demi Chef Full Time
• Preparing food in starter/salad section.
• Stock checking, Hygiene Control and controlling of food wastages. Key Achievement
• Learnt organisation and time management skills needed to do my job efficiently. Jun 11 – Dec 11
Ku De Ta (Singapore) - Modern Asian sg.celavi.com
Commis Cook Full Time
• Working in Prep Kitchen.
• Preparing Mis En Place for Chefs in main kitchen. Key Achievement
• Learning butchering and portioning skills on different types of meat, poultry and fish.
• Learning to receive supplies and establishing quality control.
*Excellent Referees will be provided upon request.