Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ, May 2011
Bachelor of Science in Biology
American Bio Medica Corporation August 2011 – Present
Laboratory assistant in Research and Development:
• Test on medical diagnostic instruments for the purpose of drug tests
• Design diagnostic tests to run effectively and perform trials to confirm it.
• Test pseudo patient samples for oral fluids adhering to FDA standards.
• Design the six panel oral fluid test.
• Responsible to analyze results for the trials.
• Exposure to microbiology techniques such as gram staining (gram negative and gram positive), microbial isolation, and
• Accurate use of microscopes for the purpose of magnifying microorganisms.
• Equipped with clinical SOP writing and data analysis.
• Thorough knowledge and experience in product development.
• Experienced in temperature control and temperature regulations.
• Assist in assembly of drug tests for consumers.
Food Science Department at Rutgers Univ. (New Brunswick, NJ) September 2010 – May 2011
Cross-contamination from hands to fresh produce and vice-versa
• Fresh produce to hands cross contamination (cantaloupe, celery, and carrots) and vice versa for Enterobacter, Salmonella, and
• Developed experiments to test the amount of bacteria transferred from fresh produce to hands and vice versa.
• Collaborate plating the colonies on Macconkey agar.
• Counted the colonies grown on the agar from the experiments performed.
• Plated various inoculation on the agar prepared on the petri dishes.
• Prepared Medias such as Macconkey agar and TCA.
• Equipped with laboratory instruments such as incubator, pipettes, weighing scale, and microscope.
• Explored the techniques of sub-culturing bacterial strains, inoculation, and plating.
• Worked with controlled environment.
Extracurricular Activities, Scholarships, and Certificates:
Rutgers University South Asian Students in Sciences (New Brunswick, NJ)
Founder of RU SASS in 2009
Vice President: 2009 – 2010
President: 2010 – 2011
Bonnar Scholars (Jefferson City, TN) 2008 – 2009
• Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Gram staining Titration Plating Thin layer Chromatography (TLC)
PCR Filtration Gel Electrophoresis Sub-culturing
Motility Recrystallization Extraction Distillation
ELISA Media Preparation Inoculation
References will be provided upon request.