Beverly J. Thompson
Energetic, motivating and committed Management Professional with over 15 years of experience in a rapidly changing work environment. Solid background in developing, mentoring, hiring and training sales associates on skills/behaviors with world-class results. Expert in monitoring work quality and providing necessary development to achieve productivity standards. Experienced problem-solver known for turning situations into win-win opportunities. Recognized for inspiring, and encouraging employees to meet and exceed company and departmental goals. Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
MK Bio, Inc San Diego, CA 2009-Current
Customer Relations Manager
Managed day-to-day operations of the Customer Relations and Sales department
• Develop and implement sales promotions.
• Successfully created and implement SOP’s for training and validation for ISO standards.
• Responsible for designing generic brand packaging and maintaining inventory levels in our San Diego warehouse to meet and exceed sales goals and customer demands.
• Worked with freight forwarders on import and export shipments and negotiate rates to reduce cost by 25%.
• Develop and maintain relationships with influential distributors and to increased sales.
Innovacon an Inverness Medical, Inc., Formally known as ACON Laboratories, San Diego, CA 2003-2008
Inside Sales, Customer Sales Support Supervisor/ Manager
Managed day-to-day operations of the Customer Sales Support department
• Worked with sales and marketing to develop and implement sales promotions resulting in an increase of sales from 80% to 110% of sales goal.
• Maintained generic inventory in our San Diego warehouse to meet and exceed sales goals by 25% each quarter.
• Successfully recruited 8+ associates within 30 days to support a 45 million dollar acquisition.
• Monitored OEM (custom manufacturing) partners’ orders manufactured and shipped from China. Coordinate ship dates and delivery dates to meet sales goal and increase sale revenue by 25% each quarter.
• In charge of working with freight forwarders, providing 510K and other documentation for FDA, USDA and customs clearance to prevent delays with deliveries. Negotiate inland freight rates for air and ocean shipments while lowering cost without sacrificing service levels.
• Saved the company in excess of 50K a year through negotiations and monitoring inland freight bills.
• Experienced at writing Standard Operating Procedures associated with ISO and GMP standards.
• Designed and implemented training program for new Customer Sales Support representatives, reducing error rate, customer complaints and training time, while producing quality service and improving productivity by 15%.
• Experienced SAP power user and member of the Implementation Team. Responsible for pricing, customer master records and upgrade testing for order to cash processing.
• Created SAP training materials and trained associates in China and Colorado resulting in an increase of productivity of 60%. Launched SAP two weeks ahead of company goal in our San Diego office.
PROFESSIONAL SATELLITE, San Diego, CA 2002 – 2003
Manager Internet Sales/ DirectTV Sales Trainer
Managed day-to-day operations of the sales’ department
• Collaborated with varies department to insure a smooth go live date for AOL internet sales business.
• Liaison between sales, distribution and customer service improving service levels by 35%.
• Successfully launched a new sales department for AOL direct sales, with sales in excess of 500k a month. Responsible for consistently increasing sales for Direct TV, Earthlink and AOL Dial-Up and DSL services by 15% a month.
• Trained sales agents on closing and telephone techniques which increased productivity by 25%.
• Implemented and developed a scheduling process to meet incoming call demand that reduced abandon calls from 25% to 2%.
• Inspired, coached and motivated sale representatives reducing employee turnover rate by 10%.
CIBA VISION, A Novartis Company, San Diego, CA/Chicago, IL 1992-2001 Pilkington Barnes Hind, Pilkington Vision Care, Barnes Hind, Sola Barnes Hind 2000-2001
Customer Service Manager, Directed day-to-day operations for customer service call Center
• Trained and managed two supervisors, one trainer, and 43 account representatives. Departments included Key Accounts, New Accounts, Field Sales Support, Customer Credits, International Customer Service, returns and North American Customer Service.
• Worked with National Sales Managers, notifying over 50 national accounts about new promotions and product launches, helping the field representative attain sales goal.
• Worked with IS in scheduling essential hardware and phone equipment installations; programmed all phones and Call Management System and defined system upgrades to support Call Center.
• Developed, planned, and implemented procedures with sales, marketing, and IS that ensured successful start-up of marketing programs. Developed Manual Order Processing procedures preventing loss of orders and efficiently expediting orders.
• Created, developed, and implemented Motivational Incentive Program during the transitional period resulting in a decrease of abandonment rate from 4.5% to less than 1%. The average speed of answer decreased from 20 seconds to less than 10 seconds.
Lead Site Supervisor / International and Domestic Customer Service 1992 – 2000
• Oversaw day-to-day operations including interviewing, hiring, and training staff. Analyzed and monitored employees’ daily telephone activity ensuring compliance with performance standards of 97%.
• Helped develop and solely implemented Customer Service Incentive Plan resulting in lower talk times and higher call productivity while improving customer service performance.
• Conducted Service Interaction Surveys. Customers reported a 96% “Excellent” rating.
• Led a team that consolidated Canadian and U.S. customer service operations, creating savings of over $350K, and improving service levels and elevating productivity.
• Forecasted staffing needs by coordinating schedules that met anticipated call volumes. Planned workflow for department and increased efficiency by eliminating duplicate efforts. Supervised and conducted annual performance appraisals.
SEMINARS & COURSEWORK
Customer Care: Making Customer Service A Cornerstone Of Your Business, Effective Performance Evaluations
Coaching For Optimal Performance, Clarifying Team Roles and Responsibilities, Coaching With C.A.R.E
Managing Individual Performance, Taking Corrective Action, Establishing Performance Expectations
Giving Constructive Feedback, Getting Your Ideas Across, Getting Good Information From Others
Solving Problems, Launching and Refueling Your Team. Quality Improvement Workshop
Resolving Team Conflicts, Building A Constructive Relationship With Your Manager
Coaching & Counseling Skills For Managers, Stress Management
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, National University, San Diego, CA
Organizational Management, North Park University, Chicago, IL
Business Management, National University, San Diego, CA
Hazardous Material Certification, San Diego, CA
COMPUTER AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
SAP, MS Windows: Word, Excel, Power Point