Canton, Michigan 48187
Career Direction Has Been Determined Based On Formal Education, Related Professional Training, Diverse Hands-On
Experience And An In-Depth Interest In…
• BUSINESS & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT •
Areas Of Expertise Include, But Are Not Limited To…
- SERVICE CENTER & FIELD SERVICES MANAGEMENT -
- OPERATIONS / FACILITIES / PLANT / LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT -
- STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLANNING / SCHEDULING & CONTROL - FINANCE & ACCOUNTING -
- PRODUCTIVITY & QUALITY MANAGEMENT - SECURITY / SAFETY / PUBLIC SERVICES -
- SALES & NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT - STAFF SELECTION & TRAINING -
- PUBLIC RELATIONS - CUSTOMER SERVICE -
Experienced In Operations And Activity In Support Of Corporate Service, Personnel And Financial Objectives… Very Effective In
A High Pressure Environment… Possess Proven People Skills… An Effective Motivator, Trainer And Team Builder… Creative,
Skilled And Very Competent… An Excellent Communicator, Both Written And Verbal…
Motor City Central, Detroit, Michigan.
With offices in all major metropolitan areas in the United States, the company operates approximately 2,500 facilities. The
company's clients include some of the nation's largest owners and operators of mixed-use projects, office buildings, hotels,
stadiums and arenas as well as airports, hospitals and municipalities.
Operations Manager, 2011 – Presently Serving.
Effectively manage eleven direct reports. Responsible for hiring, interviewing, disciplining, training, collective bargaining,
grievances and overseeing revenue control. Identify and manage staffing, productivity, daily management reports, security, safety
and human resources.
• Created an Employee Data Card which enables identification and tracking of 30 labor work force
activities. Established Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP's) for each activity and computed minimum
acceptable levels for each. This allowed concentration on the individuals not meeting standards. Through the
reporting process and the consistent managing of the activities of the Data Card, productivity increased by
over 25% within three months.
• Analyzed the traffic patterns, staffing and revenue of four major areas. Restructured the staffing to
mirror the patterns. In conjunction with the Data Card reports, the labor force was reduced by over 15%
during the first nine months.
• Developed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for insurance claim processing. This reduced the
reporting time on insurance claims from 72 hours to less than 12 hours, resulting in a projected $272,000
savings in expenses just for 2012.
Area Manager, 2010 – 2011.
Managed and directed 85 union employees. Effectively monitored facilities to ensure proper operations and minimize operational
delays. Was also responsible for cash control operations.
• Developed and instituted an End of Day Checklist to ensure all paperwork and reports were
completed on time and submitted properly. This procedure achieved 100% contract compliance.
• Created Facility Checklists to review maintenance issues, operational readiness of equipment and
ensure maintenance work was being completed with quality and on time.
• Instituted 3 Minute Meetings that allowed management to meet with each employee at the beginning
of their shift. This increased morale and provided the opportunity for the managers to ensure operational
Page Two Resume
DHL Express, Inc., Southfield, Michigan.
DHL Express is the global market leader in the international express business. Through a network spanning more than 220
countries and territories and more than 500 airports globally, they provide courier and express services to business and private
Field Services Supervisor, 2005 – 2009.
Supervised the day-to-day pick-up and delivery operation. Supervised, directed, hired, trained and disciplined staff. Responsible
for the recovery of all inbound materials from scheduled air and truck carriers, then ensured the delivery of outbound material to
the proper carrier or company. Assured proper handling, transportation and consignment of materials; oversaw the manifesting
and/or movement of materials, including transferring material from other locations; and maintained excellent communication and
cooperation with all service centers, airport personnel, customs officials and vendors. Ensured proper service center record-
keeping; assisted other service centers in solving delivery and account problems; investigated, answered and took appropriate
action with reference to customer issues; assisted customers in tracing shipments; and provided technical assistance to the sales
and customer service departments.
• Reduced and maintained workgroup labor costs by 10% over a 6 month period.
• Improved the Federal DOT Mandated Safety Training program from 50% compliant to 100%, all
within two months.
• Achieved #1 Ranking within the company by instituting weekly training and standardizing all record
• Eliminated "deliveries left behind" from 10% daily average to less than 1% within a one month
Account Representative, 1999 – 2005.
Successfully managed and developed solid client relationships through excellent implementation of services, Supported the
development of new business by executing contract renewal and retention of key customer accounts. My efforts resulted in
achieving and exceeding revenue targets.
• Developed average accounts into major key accounts for DHL. One such account was increased from
$24,000 to $300,000 and another account from $12,000 to over $200,000. Achieved this by identifying and
developing trust and strong business relationships with the key decision makers.
• Was the two time winner of the Area Quarterly Sales Magnificent 7 Club and a five time winner of
the Area Monthly Sales Magnificent 7 Club. Both of these awards are top Regional Quarterly Sales Awards
that are presented in recognition of achieving the highest percentage revenue growth.
• Created the "World Freight" website that, within the first month, increased the efficiency for customer
use and doubled the revenue generated in World Freight Services.
Prior To Being Promoted, Valuable Experience Was Gained Successfully Serving The Company As
Service Center Manager…
University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona, 2007
Bachelor of Science, Business Accounting, GPA 3.63
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Certified Zenger Miller "Dimensions of Leadership" Facilitator • Complex Rate Structures for Account Representatives
Account Development Strategies • Negotiations • Speak Easy (Presentations and Public Speaking) • Dimensions of Leadership Training
Handling Emotional Behavior in Discussions • Getting Good Information From Others • Getting Your Ideas Across
Covering the Basic Principles • Setting Job Standards • Teaching a New Job • Managing Change
Improving Employee Performance, Employee Performance - Follow-Up • Giving Recognition
Giving Constructive Feedback • Recognizing Positive Results