901-***-**** * firstname.lastname@example.org
Medtronic Spinal and Biologics – Memphis, TN
September 2008 - Present
Finance Manager, Marketing, Revenue Analytics & GCP
June 2011 – Present
• Oversee the development of comprehensive new product financial models that support the global
commercialization process (GCP). Develop a unique methodology for each financial model that
correctly assesses all the costs and benefits to ensure that each investment opportunity is properly
• Analyze and interpret revenue and market trends. Forecast future business growth to align with the
general economic outlook. Oversee revenue forecasting, AOP revenue planning for the $2+ billion
U.S. Spinal and Biologics product portfolio. Oversee the development of revenue analysis that
provides the executive management team with clear insights into the key performance drivers of
revenue, risks, and opportunities. Manage the successful development and deployment of several
Spotfire revenue analytics dashboards that gave the marketing team easy and quick access to key
product level revenue trends and performance metrics.
• Implemented a new 6 quarter revenue forecast process that improved forecasting accuracy by
incorporating several key metrics such as new product launch schedules and inventory build
estimates to the product line estimates.
• Provide financial direction and guidance to the six product marketing leads. Oversee the
development of analyses that helps them make better financial trade off decisions and improve
profitability. Direct month end, quarter end, year end, and AOP planning for the entire marketing
organization that is comprised of eight marketing VPs and 100+ employees.
• Manage, develop, coach, and mentor my staff of 6 team members and ensure that the financial
models and analyses that they develop are accurate, timely, efficient and effective. I successfully
recruited and on boarded 2 of my 6 team members.
Financial Consultant, Biologics Sales
September 2010 – May 2011
• As the sales compensation and reporting integration lead for the Osteotech acquisition, I led a cross-
functional team whose objective was to develop tools to help the Medtronic sales force successfully
cover the Osteotech product portfolio starting Day 1 of the completed acquisition. Analyzed the
Osteotech customer listing of 2500+ customers and identified any overlap then strategically assign
all unique accounts to a sales representative. Worked with the sales leadership team to determine the
sales commission structure for the newly acquired portfolio that impacted 17 of the 30 total
compensation plans and modified existing commission payment software to and paid sales
commissions on the newly acquired portfolio effective Day 1. Incorporated sales data of the newly
acquired product portfolio into all existing sales reporting and created new sales reports as needed.
Developed and rolled out quota targets for the newly acquired portfolio of products.
• Provided financial direction and guidance to the Vice President of Biologics Sales and his sales
leadership team. Evaluated territory and account level sales trends for opportunities to optimize
account level strategies. Collaborated with Vice President of Biologics and Vice President of Spine
Sales to develop an effective quota methodology for the Biologics product portfolio.
• Collaborated with VP of Sales and HR on sales force performance and compensation strategies.
Conducted sales compensation plan modeling and sensitivity analysis to determine sales
commission rate structure. Direct month end, quarter end, year end, and AOP planning for Biologics
Sales. Managed the financial analysts that provided cost center management support to Bio Sales.
Principal Financial Analyst, Sales Finance
August 2009 – August 2010
• As project lead for the sales annual operating plan, oversaw all aspects of the sales budget process
including coordinating and planning responsibilities of AOP team members to ensure appropriate
allocation of budget dollars to the 150 sales cost centers in accordance with the company’s annual
objectives and standards. Developed and managed the multi-million sales commission expense
• Served as project lead for setting Sales Quota for 1200+ direct and indirect field sales employees for
product portfolio that totaled $2+ billion in annual US sales. Collaborated with sales and finance
management to develop an effective quota methodology. Taught and mentored team members on
how to set quota for their assigned products.
Hetal Patel 2
• Served as a member of the Sales Awards Program Committee, which establishes the sales awards
criteria and performance metrics of the 600+ annual sales awards. Oversaw that sales performance
awards calculations were calculated accurately by teaching and mentoring team members on how to
develop the models/databases that determined the winners. Implemented a rigorous dual audit
process to ensure that the correct winners were recognized.
• Conducted sales compensation plan modeling and sensitivity analysis including an analysis of
various sales representative compensation plan structures that affect 300+ field sales employees and
account for 25%+ of the total annual commissions expense. Applied qualitative and quantitative
factors and skills to arrive at meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
Senior Financial Analyst, Sales Finance
September 2008 – July 2009
• Interfaced with sales and finance management to develop an effective quota methodology for two
product lines that accounted for $400+ million in annual revenue. Coordinated the roll out of quota
targets to the sales organization.
• Conducted sales compensation plan modeling and analytics including SPIFFs, sales commission
ROI analysis for the 250+ sales employees. Applied qualitative and quantitative factors and skills to
arrive at meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
• As the sales Auto Allowance program manager, spearheaded a multi-tiered project that required
working closely with cross-functional teams. Successfully implemented changes to the program that
resulted in bottom line profitability and had minimal impact to the sales field employees.
• Collaborated with Sales Operations on the sales performance awards program. Developed a
database that calculated the sales awards winners and performed routine sales awards reporting.
Bank of America (formerly LaSalle Bank) - Troy, MI
July 2004 – August 2008
Client Manager, Asset Based Lending
July 2007– August 2008
• Administered and serviced 12+ asset based credit facilities that individually ranged in size up to
$30 million and totaled $250+ million. Led a cross functional team consisting of legal counsel,
consultants, junior client managers, underwriters, and appraisers to properly address any deficiencies
in the credit facilities. Successfully cross-sold the banks products and services to existing
• Negotiated credit renewals and properly addressed credit loan facility amendments, loan
covenant defaults, and acquisitions and mergers.
• Captured negative trends in client performance by closely monitoring collateral position and
analyzing financial performance of the assigned credit facilities. Addressed any deficiencies and
initiated a swift response to protect the bank’s collateral and loan exposure.
Junior Client Manager, Asset Based Lending
April 2007 – June 2007
• Prepared Loan Committee Presentations (LCP’s) in conjunction with client managers by
conducting financial analysis, collateral analysis, and background research. Coordinated loan
documentation process and sarbanes oxley certification.
• Assisted senior client managers with special monitoring and analysis of troubled credits in their
loan portfolio. Led a cross functional team consisting of auditors, portfolio analysts, and collateral
analysts to properly evaluate portfolio risk. Reviewed audits and appraisals. Assisted with the cross-
selling of bank products and services to existing customers.
• Calculated loan covenant metrics (debt service, tangible net worth, capital expenditure, etc.).
Prepared and analyzed bank specific loan structure reports to determine client profitability.
Hetal Patel 3
September 2006 – March 2007
• Performed on-site engagements of existing commercial and asset-based borrowers to determine
adequacy of loan collateral and validity of accounting systems and records. Identified any areas of
potential exposure by testing collateral (AR, Inventory, etc.) and analyzing financial reports (P&L,
Balance Sheet) for validity and accuracy.
• Documented results of the engagement through clear and concise audit reports that highlighted areas
of exposure and made comprehensive recommendations when necessary.
Portfolio Analyst, Asset Based Lending
September 2005 – August 2006
• Conducted new client orientation. Performed risk analysis for each borrower by conducting in-depth
collateral trend analysis of dilution, turnover, sales volume, cash collections, customer concentration
changes, and other pertinent collateral changes.
• Mentored and trained Collateral Analysts on applications, policies, and processes.
Collateral Analyst, Asset Based Lending
July 2004 – August 2005
• Monitored and processed all collateral and financial information used to support asset based
• Reconciled daily postings of collateral increases and decreases and performed computation of
ineligible receivables and inventory as required. Prepared month end trend analysis summaries and
reconciliations of loan and collateral.
NorthStar Institute(formerly CLC, Inc) – Madison Heights, MI
October 1999 – February 2002
Financial Services Manager
February 2001 – February 2002
• Managed a team of financial services advisors. Oversaw financial aid processing, reporting,
and disbursement of federal and state financial aid.
• Implemented financial assistance programs for students who did not qualify for federal
Assistant Finance Manager
May 2000 – January 2001
• Managed the business office staff and distribution of workload.
• Maintained accounts receivables trial balance as well as instituted a new plan for collection of
delinquent accounts that reduced past due accounts by 25%. Reviewed delinquent accounts for
• Maintained and balanced accounts payable.
Financial Services Advisor
October 1999 – April 2000
• Advised students and parents on all financial aid matters
• Conducted verification of student financial aid loan applications in accordance with federal
Hetal Patel 4
University Of Michigan - Bachelor of Science in Economics & Biology
Oakland University - Coursework: financial and cost accounting
COMPUTER SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE
Business Objects, Spotfire, Essbase, Cognos, GFS, SAP, Clarity, Windows & Microsoft Office 2010
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Medtronic Spinal & Biologics – Infinity Award – given to Sales Compensation Finance Team for long-term
improvements to operation excellence and reducing overall costs and improving customer satisfaction.
Recognized in 2010.
LaSalle Bank – The Key Link Award – for excellence as the key link in the operational risk management
process. Received in 2005.