S teve Nganga
THE UNIVERSITY OF MAINE, ORONO, ME
Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Information System Management, December 2004
A member of the Institute of Management Accounting Club; Finance Club, 2002-2004
A member of IRS Tax Volunteer Program (University of Maine) 2002-2004.GPA:3.51/4.0 in finance and accounting
Master of Science in Public Administration (MPA) concentration in Financial Management, December 2007
SKILLS SUMMARY :
5+ years background in designing analytics tool – information systems, accounting and Finance.
3+ years of accounting general ledger reporting.
Software skills: advance skills in Excel/Word 2010, Access, VBA Script, SQL, Hyperion/Essbase, and SharePoint.
5+ years in a data mining, business intelligence, predictive/analytics modeling, financial forecasting - insuring high quality reports.
Exposure to full life project management methodologies (SDLC).
Ability and confidence to get into the detail of the systems at a transactional level to find the cause of an issue, to understand that detail and
the cause - and to solve it.
Experience working in a team environment with a strong work ethic for professionalism and timeliness.
A CPA Candidate.
Sept. 2011- To present LIBERTY MUTUAL INSURANCE CORPORATION, DOVER, NH
Business Analyst (Temporary role- Group Benefits Dept.) Reporting to a Project Leader.
Assist in developing business requirements, data mapping process and analyzing electronic eligibility data files
• Analyzes complex data files (some files with over 200,000 lives) based on Business Requirements.
• Provides explanations of the discrepancies to customers and /or clients on issues and how to correct data discrepancies.
• Continuously and timely analyzes test data to ensure issues and bugs are resolved prior to data files going live
• Timely extract data from various relational database and manipulate in spreadsheet and/or through other business intelligence tools
• Develops department process flow documents and/or tools to increase efficiency/processing speed using Excel/ Access.
2010- 2011 LINCOLN FINANCIAL CORPORATION, CONCORD, NH
Financial Analyst- Reported to a Finance Manager.
Responsible for reviewing, investigating and recommending the closure of life insurance aging suspense accounts
• Prepared a monthly highly visible control account report evaluating open suspense accounts based on aging criteria
• Automated 65 detailed and variance expense reports- comparison of expense to budget impacted by systems upgrades or lag.
• Extensively analyzed 20 monthly expense reports to understand what comprises the balance and variances.
• Recommend account closure or adjustments in accordance with US GAAP, statutory accounting standards and company guidelines.
• Implemented a write-off policy around suspense accounts items that enhanced internal controls in the department.
2008-2009 MUCKLESHOOT CASINOS, AUBURN, WA –
Financial Analyst- Reported to an Assistant Controller.
Evaluated the overall daily casinos operations regarding profitability and cost- Casino with over $500 million in annual revenues
• Produced a Pro-forma statement, a daily time-sensitive report forecasting casinos revenues, operating expenses and monthly trends.
• Reduced Prof-forma report marginal error of 5% to 2%. A highly visible report.
• Recommends solutions to business problems through metrics (customer behavior changes, gaming popularity, competitive landscape)
• Automated 10 analytics reports to integrate with database applications for efficient and timely analysis.
• Analyzed over 30 casino marketing programs, retention rate,potential profitability and/or feasibility of future business opportunities
• Produced 20 monthly detail variance analysis of results and issues along with recommendations to senior management
• Prepared variance analysis explanations report for unusual and/or inconsistent trends
• Ensured that proper accounting procedures, transaction bookings, internal controls, documentation and audit trails are adhered to and are
in accordance with the company and US GAAP standard.
2004-2007 THE UNIVERSITY OF MAINE, ORONO
Analyst- Reported to a Budget Analyst.
Assisted budget analyst in analyzing operational expenses & capital expenditures projects
• Tracked, reported, and analyzed operating expenses, capital expenditures, and project costs.
• Resolved transactions bookings of capital expenditure reconciling issues and made corrective measure to prevent this issues
• Assisted in creating management tools to measure and analyze financial and operational information (Operating budgets, forecast, cash
flow projections, and management reports).
• Conducted a feasibility study analyzing the impact of outsourcing or in-sourcing the university facilities management trades/functions and
made recommendations to reduce cost. The study was presented to the University vice president for consideration.
• Assisted in Monthly and year-end financial closing responsibilities comprehensive budget projections and forecast.