August 6, 2012
Dear Human Resources Manager:
I am writing in response your advertisement for the Regional Environmental Lead position, job
ID 2287. After reading the job description, I am confident that my skills and passion for
Environmental, Health, and Safety is a perfect match for this position.
I offer you all of the qualifications and more listed in your advertisement. As my resume
illustrates, I possess the knowledge and expertise to do the job effectively:
• Prepare and support the implementation of environmental permits and approvals.
• Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and record keeping requirements for new
and updated tank systems.
• Revise affected radioactive and toxic air permits and negotiate with local regulatory
• Provide environmental technical support, regulatory analysis and resolution of
• Support regulatory agencies and DOE-ORP interactions, such as negotiations of RCRA,
air, water, and technical assistance meetings.
• Incorporate environmental requirements imposed by permit into company programs and
• Ensure regulatory compliance with environmental policies, requirements, and procedures.
• Provide input to permitting group for environmental permits and renewals.
In addition to the above qualifications, I have excellent written and oral communication skills, as
well as good organizational skills. I welcome the opportunity to further discuss this position
with you. If you have questions or would like to schedule an interview, please contact me by
phone at 541-***-**** or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. I have enclosed my resume for
your review, and I look forward to hearing from you.