Joseph M. Gelino Primary Phone: 860-***-****
Reporting to senior level management, experienced production
control/shipping/ receiving manager with extensive background in both union
and non union lean manufacturing in critical areas of plant safety,
manufacturing production and operations planning
2/2006 - present The W.E. Bassett Company Shelton, CT
* Report to the vice president of operations of privately held
manufacturing company whose product is the TRIM line of personal care
* Responsible for all shift operations (90 employees) of a high speed
packaging and warehousing facility with a weekly volume of 1.5 to 2
* Instituted multiple successful cycle counting programs raising unit
accuracy to 99.6% and location accuracy to 92%. Last physical inventory
resulted in an adjustment of $40,000 on an $11 million value or <1/2%.
* Successfully created warehouse reorganization teams to maximum space and
* Developed and implemented cost reductions, operational improvements and
corrective actions for all aspects of manufacturing operations
* Led multiple six sigma teams successfully solving shipping floor
bottlenecks and quality issues.
* Schedule production lines based on Kanban systems, customer orders and
* Monitor plant wide performance against standards utilizing visual
systems/measures and implement corrective actions for areas performing
below desired efficiency.
* Monitor and control budgets for staffing and overtime
* Responsible for the company's safety culture. Chair the safety committee
which consists of VP's to hourly employees. Direct bi-weekly audit teams
for plan safety and JSA's.
Company has been sold and is closing its CT operations by 1/1/13
9/2004 - 12/2005 The Slater Companies Pawtucket, RI
Reported to the President of rotary screen printing operation.
Was responsible for two facilities which included textile manufacturing and
warehousing operations (50 employees). Established quality guidelines as
well as new overall plant production quotas through Six Sigma
Implemented new warehousing picking goals for the off shift that improved
unit productivity and reduced the percentage of late orders.
Created a DuPont sponsored safety program to reduce OSHA recordables.
Company was sold and the plant relocated.
1994 - 4/2003 Duro Industries Fall River, MA
Division Manager/Special Projects Manager
Reported to the V.P. of operations of the largest commission dyer in the
Nine year tenure of steady growth within a union manufacturing facility.
Implemented production guidelines, setting benchmarks and increasing output
while focusing on quality. Dealt directly with the military and the 3M
Company management team in developing new technology for the uniform
University of New Haven, Chemistry Microbiology
Greater New Haven State Tech, electrical engineering
Bristol Community College, Computer programs
AS400, MRP/ERP systems, Outlook, Microsoft Office - Excel, Power Point and
Word, lean operations, bilingual conversational Spanish