Norwood, MA 02062
Dynamic Senior Financial Analyst / Finance Manager with experience in fast paced manufacturing,
healthcare and academic environments. Creative problem solver with proven analytical skills and
exposure to multiple ERP systems including Oracle, SAP and PeopleSoft. Hands on accountant with
demonstrated success using multiple general ledger systems.
Boston Heart Diagnostics, Framingham, MA 2011 - Present
Sr. Finance Manager
• Manage Control Function (GL, AP, AR, Payroll, Fixed Asset and Treasury)
• Prepare all account reconciliations and analysis
• Lead development of Budgets and Forecasts as well analysis of variance to Budget/ Forecasts
• Lead selection and implementation of ERP, 401K, Banking and Audit relationships
• Responsible for compliance with tax fillings in 13 states and IRS.
• Negotiated $100’s of thousands in savings with vendors due to our rising volumes
• Applied for and received $220,000 grant from Massachusetts Life Science Center
Umass Med School (MassBiologics), Jamaica Plain, MA 2005– 2011
Financial Analyst II /Finance Supervisor (2006 – 2011)
• Managed staff of two (one Financial Analyst and one Accounts Payable Associate)
• Oversaw Preparation of Monthly Financials, Budget, Business Plan and Legislative Report as well
as A/P and A/R
• Built and Maintained Models for Time and Effort Tracking, Inventory Forecasting and Product
• Maintain time utilization models to create quarterly invoices to third party collaborators for IND
• Monitored and Reported on Expenditures on Daily, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Basis.
• Manage General Ledger Maintenance and Reconciliation
• Lead participant in selection and implementation of validated Oracle R12 ERP system
• Subject Matter Expert for General Ledger, Project Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts
Payable and Oracle Time and Labor Modules
• Lead reporting on all aspects of payroll (Overtime, Accruals, Trends etc)
Financial Analyst (2005 – 2006)
Fully Responsible for all financial review and reporting at MBL.
Developed and implemented MBL Internal Budgeting and Reporting Package
Prepare yearly budget and monthly updates.
Act as Main Contact to all customers and maintain records of all receivables.
Prepare and publish quarterly review of Training, Recognition and Capital Spending.
Act as main liaison to University of MA Medical School (parent company) on all financial
Forecast and Accrue for royalties.
Prepare and submit billings to partners.
Polaroid Corporation, Norwood, MA 2000 – 2005
Senior Financial Analyst (Plant Controller), 2001 – 2005
Perform monthly closing actives and analyze all variances to forecasts and budget as well
as investigate variances due to volume, yield, and spending.
Prepare yearly budget and monthly / bi-monthly forecasts as well as quarterly balance sheet
Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of product costs and monthly cost analysis.
Investigate options and implications of new product development or implementation.
Develop Overhead rates and standard costs for new products as well as perform Return on
Investment Analysis to assist in deciding whether to go forward with projects.
Rewrote Cycle Counting procedures in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
Reconciled Internal Sales to Domestic and International Sites (Waltham MA, Scotland,
Mexico, The Netherlands).
Participated in Polaroid’s Manager Development Program.
Senior Financial Analyst (Shared Services), 2000 - 2001
Responsible for maintaining proper master data, structure and controls within SAP in order
to provide an infrastructure to properly record and classify financial transactions.
Provide SAP technical expertise, training and problem resolution to all Global Supply
Ensure that inventories at standard costs are accurately recorded, classified and supported
by detailed sub-ledgers.)
Perform and analyze costing roll-ups for multiple inventory locations. Ensure that BOM’s,
activities, and component cost are properly maintained.
Prepare and distribute centrally reports used by various members of Polaroid’s Financial,
Logistical and Purchasing communities.
Education MBA (Finance), Bentley College
BS (Accounting), Boston College
Computer Experience SAP, Oracle, Quickbooks, Peoplesoft, Hyperion, IDOPS, Microsoft
Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access, Lotus 1-2-3, MFG Pro, Monarch