Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 6/2012 8/2012
Graduate Course in Financial Statement Analysis
Boston University, Boston, MA 9/2011 5/2012
Master’s degree in Economics
Business Analytics: Spreadsheet Optimization and Simulation (Excel Modeling and Monte Carlo Simulation),
Financial Economics, Energy and Environmental Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, International Finance
Projects and Research Papers:
• “Fundamental Analysis of Five Publicly Traded Automobile Firms” (NYSE)
“Are cosmetics recession proof?” to test the counter cyclical behavior of sale of cosmetic products.
• “Empirical Test of Purchasing Power Parity (Japanese Yen and US Dollar)”
• “Evaluation of Japan’s Balance of Payments and International Investment Position”
• “Analyzing Foreign Exchange Market Efficiency by utilizing moving average crossover rule trading
• “Policy Analysis of abatement of Greenhouse gas emissions in India”
Sikkim Manipal University, India 2/2010 2/2011
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Grade A
Financial and Management Accounting, Organizational Behavior, Statistics for Management
Hansraj College, University of Delhi, Delhi, India 7/2006 9/2009
Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, GPA: 3.94
Real Analysis I V, Vector Calculus, Algebra I IV, Differential Equations I II, Statistics and Probability, Numerical
Analysis and Computer Programming (Fortran)
• First Division, Top 10% of class.
• Editor and Co Founder, Genesis, Math Magazine.
Institute of United Nations Studies, Delhi, India 11/2010 4/2011
Diploma in UN and international Studies, Grade A
Intern, Planning Commission, Government of India, Delhi, India 2/2010 4/2010
• Provided analysis of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA), a
flagship economic program of the Indian central government.
• Processed and validated data, identified trends, and appraised the performance of Indian States.
• Scrutinized the financial records of the Commission’s key programs (MGNREGA, IAY and NSAP).
Content Assistant, Learning Information Systems, Delhi, India 2/2011
• Consolidated research on universities worldwide; created database on the firm’s proprietary software.
• Provided writing, editing, and proofreading support for client projects.
Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) Project, under Dr. Ashum Gupta, Fulbright Senior
Research Scholar, Department of Psychology, University of Delhi
Effectiveness of Cognitive Intervention on Cognitive Functioning, Affect and Self Regulatory Skills: Implications for
• Organized, and analyzed cross sectional data sets using statistical tools and software such as SPSS.
The Centre for Civil Society: Attended residential seminar addressing issues relating to public policy.
SKILLS AND LANGUAGES:
Software: STATA, SPSS, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Fortran. Languages: Hindi (Native), Spanish